FN SCAR Picture thread

Does anyone happen to own a VFC H and an ECHO1 H who can give me a side by side comparison of the finishs? I want an H but don't want to spend $400 unless the finish is that much better than the $260 echo1.

Very pretty validtumoralarm

Edited by frogfish
  • Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you!

I don't have a side by side, but I've seen both and the finish is pretty similar. The only thing about the Echo is that the upper is a little darker and the pistol grip is kind of greenish, which is weird. Of course, the materials don't feel quite as nice and there's creaking and rattling, but I think the Echo would be worth the money. I only bought VFC because I got a really good price used with a ton of expensive midcaps.

GI has the Dboys mk17 for $160 right now, $40 off because the stock doesn't lock in the folded position, although apparently people have been fixing that by tightening the brass deflector from the inside of the body. Thinking about jumping on one tomorrow when I get paid, just waiting to hear from polarstar to see if I can get a fusion engine in there.

EDIT: also, evike has a 25% off sale today, you can get the VFC for $300 shipped.

Edited by DFM56
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After fixing ARDrummer's Ino M60 I felt productive, stippled my grip to give it just a touch more bite. Will give a full body update sometime on WED, my EGLM is coming in from trinityairsoft.

DSC_2222.jpg

Hoping to break out the fake blood at the next game and smear my "bloody" hands all over this thing...

Edited by frogfish

I hope you have a KFH for that TR24, optics seem to be BB magnets as of late for me. I do like the look of a short dot on a Mk17, but I have yet to find a decent cloner short dot with a true 1x, not gonna sacrifice a RS optic for the sake of cool guy points.

Otherwise, I'm assuming that's a VFC EGLM, I got mine in yesterday as well I like it a lot more than the Star and ARES ones I had, but I posted the photo in a different thread guess I can post it here...

DSC_2226.jpg

Edited by frogfish

I hope you have a KFH for that TR24, optics seem to be BB magnets as of late for me. I do like the look of a short dot on a Mk17, but I have yet to find a decent cloner short dot with a true 1x, not gonna sacrifice a RS optic for the sake of cool guy points.

Otherwise, I'm assuming that's a VFC EGLM, I got mine in yesterday as well I like it a lot more than the Star and ARES ones I had, but I posted the photo in a different thread guess I can post it here...

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g206/person9334/DSC_2226.jpg

Its not there for the cool guy points haha its there because I have it for my paper punchers and Id rather get my monies worth out of it. Before, I had a Leupold VX3 which was overkill for my ARs and useless for airsoft so this fits both roles. Stuff breaks and Ive done my research so on the off chance a BB does make it into the lens, itll cost me about $35 plus one way shipping to get the lens replaced and the scope purged!

Ive been so happy with the VFC EGLM. It does its job very well. Mounts securely. Doesnt seem to strained while firing. Plus it looks good to boot.

I like your setup. Is that paint or dirt?

Edited by QDRenegade

Loving all the SCARs guys!

Grabbed some photos now that mine is all working again! Echo 1 MK17 with a madbull 6.01 since the stock barrel wasnt accurate after 20-30 feet.

*pics*

The flash hider is closer than normal to the gas block. Is that because the gun did not include the little extension or is it because you removed it? Just a slight concern/ question just in case E1/ACM has changed what's included in the package as I am planning on purchasing one soon.

Edited by Shift

I like your setup. Is that paint or dirt?

A little bit of both, well mostly paint. Thinking about adding some fake blood too ;)

I like the TR24 but not for how much they go for now, although it does look good. I'm perfectly happy with my T-1 for the paper I kill so... $35 isn't bad, although I've heard the wait is long (few weeks) from a few people, but that is to be expected.

The flash hider is closer than normal to the gas block. Is that because the gun did not include the little extension or is it because you removed it? Just a slight concern/ question just in case E1/ACM has changed what's included in the package as I am planning on purchasing one soon.

Thats me. I took off the short bit. Actually it was on the orange flash suppressor so tightly that removing the orange took the extension off too. I get a new flash suppressor and sound suppressor tomorrow (today) so Ill be switching it again.

A little bit of both, well mostly paint. Thinking about adding some fake blood too ;)

I like the TR24 but not for how much they go for now, although it does look good. I'm perfectly happy with my T-1 for the paper I kill so... $35 isn't bad, although I've heard the wait is long (few weeks) from a few people, but that is to be expected.

Nice haha. Looks purdy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PWS SRX required some fitment work but nothing rediculous. It's very light. The barrel extension is a WE extension "14.5" incher with the original 2 inch extension.

It's all been painted, but the pws rail is black so it dosen'lt look near as tan as my Mk17.

Edited by frogfish