News - Shootings in Cumbria

Wisey

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. A lot can happen to a thread in the space of a few hours (I did voice the opinion of talking about guns in a thread, about murders commited with guns, as a bit of bad taste. I meant it could be seen as bad taste, not that it actually is bad taste).

Has any more information come to light, regarding incidents prior to the shootings that may have hinted what was to come. Or at the very least that he was not acting "normal". The reason I am asking this is that peole have been asking for the right to know, who has a fire arm at thier premises or indeed just a license. One of the arguements for this rule change is that nieghbours might have reported his change in behaviour to the police, who may have been able to take his weapons from him.

I personnaly think its a load of *badger*s, as joe public (Which I am) doesn't have the training to assertain when a person is going to go on a killing spree.

thats a terrible idea, give crims access to a list of every house that has guns stored in them. Cant see how that could go wrong :unsure:

edit; i dont think this would of helped in this situation either. People say he was acting normally and happy the day before. The last thing the police need is 100 calls a day of "my neighbor bill owns a rifle, he looked angry when he left home today"

Personally I am for the "City Security Act" and am looking forward to it passing on the 29th. Legalize vigilantism! I wanna put light bars on my WRX and DESTROY SOME CRIMINAL SCUM!

(this is of course a joke relating to the release of APB on the 29th)

In all seriousness though, as natural as the progression of this conversation is, I do think it should be in a separate thread, as getting into gun politics ended in the RS discussion thread shut down for awhile. And I don't want to see that happen in a thread about such great loss.

Archived