eBay postage question

GuzziHero

I have sold an item on eBay, problem is the buyer is in Italy. It was bought in auction for £56, and I put £7.50 for postage, 1st Royal Mail recorded.

He asked for an overall quote, I got the cheapest one there was, £22.33.

He hasnt paid. Now, am I by eBay rules expected to ship it internationally for the national price? If so, I'll happily take the red mark and tell him to get lost!

After all the contacting leads to nought there should be a button saying 'Mark as payment not received' and ebay will send them a warning. If they dont respond ebay refunds your list fee and the transaction is cancelled.

You dont have to pay for national shipping when its international postage (they should ask before hand)

Thats how i remember it working but the ebay system seems to change every month so cant be 100% sure.

Cheers :) The cheapest I found was DHL Tracked. Sending it untracked is not an option!

He has replied, saying it is more than he is prepared to pay, and usually parcels cost a lot less than that. I tried 7 different online quotes and £22.33 was the cheapest I could find. I have given him the option of a mutual cancellation, and he can red dot me if he really wants to. I'm not losing £15 of a £56 sale!

I appreciate the advice so far :)

Um... be very, very, carefull selling anything to people in Italy via ebay.

Not wanting to scaremonger here, but please do google and read up on "Italian ebay scam"

I make a point of refusing to post anything to Italy.

Archived