Marine Load Outs

FartSnatcher

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's an impression I did at an Iwo Jima OP. Based off of Flags of our Fathers. Jacket was too big but, didn't have time to return it for a smaller size. I was dissapointed too that my Garand crapped out on me a few days before the game.

usmc012.jpg

I can see you have the newer version with MOLLE PALS all over. That's a really nice IBA setup. Where did you get it and who is the manufacturer? Depending how realistic you want it, I would remove the fun meter, (name tag is not common, but okey), grip of the Bayonet should face downwards.

The Spec-Ops Holster is very cool, although Coyote Brown would be better, but again up to you how you like it. Too bad they don't ship overseas. Again I dunno how realistic you want it so it's up to you, but if you want a common grunts impression, the Gucci lanyard might be too much.

I can see you have the newer version with MOLLE PALS all over.  That's a really nice IBA setup. Where did you get it and who is the manufacturer? Depending how realistic you want it, I would remove the fun meter, (name tag is not common, but okey), grip of the Bayonet should face downwards.

The Spec-Ops Holster is very cool, although Coyote Brown would be better, but again up to you how you like it. Too bad they don't ship overseas. Again I dunno how realistic you want it so it's up to you, but if you want a common grunts impression, the Gucci lanyard might be too much.

Zombie meter is on there because I've got no place to put it and I'll lose it. I've been told by a serving Navy guy that name tapes on IBAs front and back are common now. Bayonet is fine. Plenty of guys mount it face up. Better to draw that way IMO.

Holster was purchased in tan with mis-matched infantry gear in mind and it was half price. Lanyard is there because apperently if you leave the wire with a handgun it needs a lanyard.

Thanks for the advice, but I've done this before. ;)

dessipat3.jpg

marinedonerev5.jpg

nosidearmwood.jpg

sidearmwood.jpg

Then I sold all that and moved away from it for a bit.

Past Weekend

DSC01008.jpg

Zombie meter is on there because I've got no place to put it and I'll lose it. I've been told by a serving Navy guy that name tapes on IBAs front and back are common now. Bayonet is fine. Plenty of guys mount it face up. Better to draw that way IMO.

Holster was purchased in tan with mis-matched infantry gear in mind and it was half price. Lanyard is there because apperently if you leave the wire with a handgun it needs a lanyard.

Thanks for the advice, but I've done this before.  ;)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/Jason...s/dessipat3.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/Jason...inedonerev5.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/Jason...sidearmwood.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/Jason...sidearmwood.jpg

Then I sold all that and moved away from it for a bit.

Past Weekend

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/Jason...ts/DSC01008.jpg

You're welcome. Each his own how realistic he/she wants it and your loadout is fine for itself. :)

nice pic, but could you get some more if possible KWP?

1daaa021.jpg

Don't get quite what you mean as its all be researched and is being done by a real guy somewhere except the Zombie Meter which was explained.

It's just details that don't match. Your helmet retention strap is neither the old 2- or 3-point system, nor the current 4-point system. Normal Infantry Marines (Grunts) don't get a Pistol issued. If you spot one with the M9 pistol, then it's an Officer and he wouldn't carry the M16 but the M4 carbine.

That's just to name a few points. Just trying to give some constructive criticism, please don't feel challenged or something.

Semper Fi

It's just details that don't match. Your helmet retention strap is neither the old 2- or 3-point system, nor the current 4-point system. Normal Infantry Marines (Grunts) don't get a Pistol issued. If you spot one with the M9 pistol, then it's an Officer and he wouldn't carry the M16 but the M4 carbine.

That's just to name a few points. Just trying to give some constructive criticism, please don't feel challenged or something.

Semper Fi

Something for all your Jarhead lovers-

KWA, the pistol info you gave is not entirely accurate.

grunt4.jpg

This MARINE is not an officer...it is becoming much more common to see grunts with pistols. Mainly SNCO's and officers...but I see SGT's and CPL's with them too.

grunt1.jpg

M4's are becoming common, I see them alot...All ranks, and non Recon types with them. The M16A4 with an RCO, GRIPOD, and PEQ2 seems to be standard though.

Here is an example of an A4 with RCO (ACOG)

M16A4.jpg

FLC's are used alot, this is a SAW gunner I know's FLC rigged up:

Closeuprig.jpg

Rifleman2.jpg

Just a standard Grunt.

And here is the SAW's I see alot here in IRAQ:

saw.jpg

Take care gents.

No prob, I will post more pics that I have aquired for all you cats that want to throw together a USMC impression. The Flightsuits are hella common here and are worn I would say 99% of the time a MARINE is out of the wire. I have seen Force Recon in them, Grunts, I wear them everytime I go out in a helicopter or on a convoy (I am not out all that much though Im not trying to front.) The USMC is going to a new FROG (Fire Retartdent Outer Garment) suit soon and you will start to see less of the flight suit being worn by grunt types.

SERPA's are common for those with pistols. Standard M9's, Note that the pic I posted the guy had a collapsable baton tucked behind his holster. Your gonna have regular old zip-ties as flex cuffs...usually at least 3 pair. Carbiners..etc. Notice on the other pic the MARINE had a makeshift 550 cord One point sling atachement. That is common as well.

I have see alot of Blackhawk gear, the one marine had a blackhawk MOLLE Tac vest on over his IBA with a MOLLE Hydration carrier. Knee-pads...ALTA's. I have seen Blackhawk commando chest rigs as well. Also the issue FLC being used. You have LW helmets with NVG mounts and Goggles. Alot of the eye pro being worn is either ESS or Wiley-X.

M4's are common on grunt door kickers....hope this helps.

Archived