Marine Load Outs

FartSnatcher

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was the closest match do the Gentex Lightweight when I had that helmet months ago, before they sold the suspension separate.

And as far as the handgun goes, I beleive that's been covered.

Since the impression I am doing is a FTL thus most likely an NCO I feel the pistol is perfectly accurate.

@navymp28:

I have no intention to doubt your words, but it seems your real wold information stands against other real world information I have gathered from both my own research and also from contacts to Marines (although just WestPac).

According to my knowledge and what I was told, MarAdmin 262/07 ff. and other regulations, your pictured flightsuit Marine could not wear his Blackhawk vest anymore, but has to use the IBA or the MTV as strict regulations were imposed to ban not approved equipment.

You also said the M4 is getting common and all ranks use them etc.

That's not true and is going exactly the other way, because SNCO and Officers have to carry the M4 now and not just the M9 pistol. The point is that they get the M4s from the grunts, so the grunts who used the M4 previously now have to return their M4 and get the M16, making for some real pis*ed grunts (that's real world info).

There's always an official and unofficial way.

Thanks for you input and stay safe!

SEMPER FI

@navymp28:

I have no intention to doubt your words, but it seems your real wold information stands against other real world information I have gathered from both my own research and also from contacts to Marines (although just WestPac).

According to my knowledge and what I was told, MarAdmin 262/07 ff. and other regulations, your pictured flightsuit Marine could not wear his Blackhawk vest anymore, but has to use the IBA or the MTV as strict regulations were imposed to ban not approved equipment.

You also said the M4 is getting common and all ranks use them etc.

That's not true and is going exactly the other way, because SNCO and Officers have to carry the M4 now and not just the M9 pistol. The point is that they get the M4s from the grunts, so the grunts who used the M4 previously now have to return their M4 and get the M16, making for some real pis*ed grunts (that's real world info).

There's always an official and unofficial way.

Thanks for you input and stay safe!

SEMPER FI

i love how the walt tells the guy in the warzone what is happening in the warzone. :P

KWP. well hate to burst your bubble but what navy says is true. YOUR NOT IN IRAQ, he is and serves along side usmc grunts, force recon, seals, army sf. i think he should know whats being used. Plus the black hawk vest is used over the iba as he said that it was OVER the iba.

It is all very well to quote regulations as the basis for your statements but navymp28 is simply reporting (and providing a lot of pictures of, thanks man) what he is actually encountering on site.

There will always be a difference between the printed rules and what really happens, even in normal barrack routine and it's amplified when you are in the field on an active operation.

Yeah, I am not going to escalate this dispute.

Just bear in mind that re-enacting involves:

1. Official information, e.g. regulations (always reliable)

2. Unofficial information, e.g. from real world operators (can vary so much depending on AO, unit, individual experience, subjective perception, time of deployment etc.)

Just to rely on one source can be misleading.

LF.Net Information Follows

A Marine Grunt was issued an M1014. He and the other Marine with one had 24 shells between them. The happiest day of his tour was when he traded an OFFICER it for his M16A4.

And rigs over IBAs are both allowed and common. Personal armor systems is what was banned.

Yo KWA Im not trying to start a fight, just wanted to share some insights from what I was seeing here is all. I am not going to mention what unit is operating here, Although I am sure it is all over the net anyway.

Yeah I was reffering to the Chest rig over an IBA, it was a BLACKHAWK Tactical vest over his IBA FLAK. The radio is a PRR, It is the most common Inter Squad Communication here. I was surpirised to see the use of the GRIPPOD's here. It is actually an issued item and not individual Purchase. The various rigs and what nots are intresting too...I have seen SERPA's on the vest, on the thighs, I have seen SPE-OPS brand holsters (Like WESKERS), And even old school widow makers. Yeah KWA is absolutely correct that Officers are getting M4's and M9's...but so are some SNCO's as well as like I mentioned the door kickers and the like. Those doods have them...honestly it seems almost random too..I will see a PFC with one, then a Corporal, in the same unit as a bunch of doods with M16A4's. I guess it is what the armory has onhand etc.

MARADMIN's are hard to inforce in the box...not alot of leaders seem to want to...now when said unit rotates home...that is another story. But I am nota MARINE so my info is limited to observation, personal conversation, and living in the same FOB as them. Anyway fella's take care..I was looking for more pics..I seem to have more IRAQI ARMY than USMC..I am going to make it a point to take some more pics of the Grunty's when I see em-

lol and all officers do not get m4s. theres been talk of it but the vast majority still get issued the m16a4, RCO, PEQ2 combo. they still train with them, they stll ship out with them, and we are still taught that is what we are given. m4s are being handed out, but if you know how the Marine Corps works..well then you know how the Marine Corps works and i need not say more

Yeah, I am not going to escalate this dispute.

Just bear in mind that re-enacting involves:

1. Official information, e.g. regulations (always reliable)

2. Unofficial information, e.g. from real world operators (can vary so much depending on AO, unit, individual experience, subjective perception, time of deployment etc.)

Just to rely on one source can be misleading.

"Official Information" is whats mis-leading. Marines/Soldiers haven't followed all written regulations since the start of their respective branches. If things were based on regulations just about everyone with Vietnam gear would be wrong because the regulations grossly interfer with what NEEDS to be done. The same goes for modern equipment. If everyone was out there following all the written regulations new, better ways to do stuff would never be discovered and the military would be convinced the standard IBA is still sufficent enough.

Information from people that are THERE, IS THE SOURCE. I highly doubt they are out there putting things on to mis-lead airsofters. :rolleyes:

Just about everything you've said has been contradicted by Navymp or photos of REAL GUYS. Admit your wrong dude,

You just can't accept criticism, right? Or do you really wanna tell me your USMC impression is spot on perfect without the slightest flaw? Stop trying to pretend as if navymp28 is against me. He's been very helpful and didn't completely disagree with me, but tried to give us a glimpse of his own experience. I expressed my appreciation and we are okey. So stop that foul game and grow a beard. :)

Btw, I'll be going to USMC Base(s) in Japan (Camp Kinser and Camp Schwab). You may ask me question about it later to proove I was really there. Of course I will also be at the Sasebo MWR. I doubt as a civilian you can get any closer to first hands information than that, unless you go to Iraq or A-stan. :)

So, my advice to you tough guy. Shut it and take it real easy, dudio. :D

You just can't accept criticism, right? Or do you really wanna tell me your USMC impression is spot on perfect without the slightest flaw? Stop trying to pretend as if navymp28 is against me. He's been very helpful and didn't completely disagree with me, but tried to give us a glimpse of his own experience. I expressed my appreciation and we are okey. So stop that foul game and grow a beard. :)

Btw, I'll be going to USMC Base(s) in Japan (Camp Kinser and Camp Schwab). You may ask me question about it later to proove I was really there. Of course I will also be at the Sasebo MWR. I doubt as a civilian you can get any closer to first hands information than that, unless you go to Iraq or A-stan. :)

So, my advice to you tough guy. Shut it and take it real easy, dudio.  :D

No I'd just point out some actual flaws other then false ones like the handgun or orientation of my bayonet. Or fix your own before nit-picking mine. I never said it was perfect. Not once. Not to mention half the stuff your saying is information based on set ups that are 12 months hold and obviously I don't have a time machine. Just saying half your information is total and complete ######. But that makes me an arrorgant person who can't take criticism :rolleyes: .

And then the ever popular personal attacks!

Pro-Tip. Its called a razor or shaver. ;)

Oh yeah and visiting a US Military base isnt special. I live in the US, they are kinda all over the place. Fort Dix is 60 minutes away and former and currently enlisted all over the country. What's your point?

SNAFU is down and that makes us Geardos moody.

no were happy... we just upgraded to a goodly new server :D

and KWP.....going to a base is nothing to brag about....I go to NASKW all the time....

Dose that make me cool? No... Dose talking to people on base make me an expert on SEALs? no... Just because you get to go play marine for a day amkes you no better then any one of us....

the Snafu Community at large has extensive connection within the US armed froces including members of which are Serving. We dont just go around looking at pics, Reading forums, and asking guys who could be bullshitting you. We go to our freinds and say "What the hell is going on over there?" Iraq is a big *fruitcage* place. There are mostliky a few A2s and M14s still floating around. You cant call some one else out for being unrealistic just because they dont match 90% of the populous

Archived