Marine Load Outs

FartSnatcher

Quick Question - Would one of you Marines happen to know the weight of a loaded M16 magazine? If I'm going to use Real-capacity mags, I might get them up to proper weight. They feel too light at the moment.

Maximum about a 1.5lbs per mag. Depending on mag and bullets.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To go back to the PACA/MBSS,

A guy found a pic for me,

Undated photos showing members of Company D, 1st Reconnaissance Battalion during a week long Force Protection course

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c90/ptho...931s003vm11.jpg

But I guess that's cheating because it's Force Recon... guess I should move to another topic called "Force Recon kit discussion" :P

I just got my PASGT and cateyes today. God it is goofy looking on my head. Not to mention either I can't cover a helmet or the cover is too small.

I am afraid to show up at the game with it tomorrow. I also won the US ABS version in a contest, and my cousin had one of them, which was smaller on my head. Maybe I'll have more luck tomorrow.

EDIT: Here are some pics:

DSC03283.jpg

DSC03284.jpg

DSC03285.jpg

I can't figure out what to do with the two tabs in the back. I throught of putting them on the chinstrap (Very itchy), but if I do that then the PASGT will sit up on my head, rather than above my eyebrows. I like it better above my eyebrows because then my forehead is not exposed and my goggles actually are comfortable.

The cover's not too small. See the seam on the cover going all the way around? At the front of the helmet, it's stretched too far, and on the rear, not enough. Make that seam match up with the 'lip' of the helmet. The two tabs in the back you just have to work around the sweat band like you did with the other one's, they just won't fit perfect.

Just to get some USMC themed pictures in here:

DSC00331.jpg

And my nearly done LWH:

DSC00333.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

All I need is a helmet band with cat eyes. :)

Thanks, I thought that might be the problem. Anyway, nice gear. I like the PEQ, I hope to get one soon. And look what I found:

http://www.matchstickglobal.com/product_in...49f31ec32c4b9e7

ACOG red dot with fibre optic strip!

EDIT: I think it is the helmet that is the problem. There is a dip in the back, and I think that is why the cover won't align the right way. I have it all lined up with the lip, but when I get to the back part I can't line it up without it just flopping around. I picked it up to make it rigid and it seems the helmet is missing a part of he back. I also think the suspension is too high up for the tabs to reach it, because none of them will now that I reversed the cover to see if that would work better.

Like I said, I hope to have better luck tomorrow.

99% sure he meant prone

but spartan490, what dont you like about the spartan II?

looks great, very much like mine. but who makes the collar pieces?

-Joe

I am not really sure. It just seems more uncomfortable. Stiffer maybe. I think I just need to break it in. The throat and groin protectors are Point Blank, I don't know why they look so weird in the pic.

:yikes: :yikes:

I want to buy an IBA after finished my FR setup RRV based but if they will close all auctions... :headbutt:

Do you think that it is only for few times or it will be definitively?

Definitively. Probably gonna be seeing less and less.

I found my Spartan I to be bulkier then my IBA.

then i think you should do it KWP. why not?

you will get 100 cool points.

-Joe

Yeah KWP, that's 100 more than I have.

Anyway, I just won gear in a super easy contest. At least I will have a PASGT ehlmet to wear of mine doesn't come before Sunday, I also will get a replica SAPI, but IDK if I should keep it in the front or back. I only get one, so I think I will keep it in the front.

Thanks for the encouragement, but I think I'll have to live without 100 interweb pointz.

@ Squeeze: I was told the opposite sex likes a SAPI-shaped back. :D

33f809b6.jpg

Hi guys,

I'm a bit late, sorry (Party last night).

Would like to explain what I was trying to mean.

I wanted to mean "go prone", yeah. Didn't know how to say it, I used a f*cking translator service ... Big mistake. I don't speak english really well, so ... ;)

I meant that the gunners got to go prone pretty often, more than riflemen.

The gunner's IFAKs are currently on their backs, from the pictures I've seen. ;)

Spartan, Really beautiful Spartan II.

Squeezee, thanks for da link.

Greetings,

Trzewinski.

No problem. Actually I can't take all the credit, someone gave people on ASR a link to a 4X32 one in FDE, but I looked around and found that one. Anyway, I thought I'd put up pics of my brain bucket:

DSC03293.jpg

DSC03296.jpg

DSC03297.jpg

DSC03295.jpg

Without the Profiles so you can see my cat eyes band. Sorry for the blurriness.

DSC03294.jpg

This is how I set up the cover, it works for me, so I am cool with it.

HPIM0489-1.jpg

HPIM0494-1.jpg

Some older pics of my kit when I first got it. Havnt gotten a chance to get new pics of it.

Not seen in the pics are my new:

ESS ICE

ESS NVG Profiles (OD)

IBA Throat, neck, and groin protectors (woodland)

CamelBak Thermobak omega (CB)

For those of you who surf mp.net and the usmc loadout thread there you've probably seen it already :)

Planning to get either a KA or Guarder RIS front end, VFC PEQ Box, and the 4x32 version of the ACOG squeeze mentioned that should be coming out soon :) and maybe some ALTA Knee pads in CB and a MARPAT reversible helmet cover

Enjoy :D

Well unfortunately I just got into a pretty bad accident with my bike last night, and while I'm fine my CBR is in pretty bad shape. So for those interested I will be selling off most of my Marine kit's to help pay for repairs. For sale thread should be up in a day or so, but you can PM me if your interested in anything.

I'm sorry to hear that Spartan. But I am glad to hear you are okay.

Very nice Aeros, what kind of M4 do you have?

I am going to have to see if there are any good pics of me from today's game. I had to bribe peole with M&Ms to not get more insurgents to converge on us.

Archived