Marine Load Outs

FartSnatcher

That's quite a lot for just "minor" differences. :)

The colour seems to be rather coyote tan and not usmc coyote brown.

The only differences you can see are the specific yoke/collar.

Other differences are fonctional / inside.

I used my OTV collar and it's good enough. I will make one for the MTV. The collar of the MTV is really easy to make. At least much easier than the OTV one.

You won't find MTV replicas soon and you can't buy a real one unless you are a US soldier or policeman (in addition, it costs $1200...). PPI website sells them I think.

TAG coyote brown is exactly the USMC coyote brown. It matches perfectly LB TECH / OKC3S / ILBE. It's darker than the Blackhawk Coyote Tan. It's WAY DARKER than the SDS OTV. It's darker than Camelbak coyote brown. It's a deep dark coyote brown.

Anyway, nice DIY job on the Side SAPI carriers, although I they look more like for the IBA. The MTV's Side SAPIS are small and rectangular and are mounted between vest and cummberbund:
TAG gives 2 rectangular side sapi pockets that can be mounter either inside or outside of the cummerbund. Inside/outside of the cummerbund is equiped with lots of MOLLE attachement for that purpose.

I built other side sapis pockets, the ones they were using in the first stages of the experiment. They used them on sept. 2006. Check "MTV" at USMC.mil

I advise you read all those documents for more info : http://sgtmckenzie.free.fr/airsoft/Marines/mtv/index.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/11/03/...in2149267.shtml

Owner manual : http://body-armor.com/docs/MTV%20Kwikpoint...%20Feb%2007.pdf

Instructor guide : http://body-armor.com/docs/POI.doc

MTV_essai.jpg

MTV_essai2.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi guys

ive just recently bought myself a complete set of woodland marpat clothing (trousers, shirt, boonie, patrol and m88) and im at a loss as to how to accesories it and complete the look.

i have slightly abused and modified the uniform shirt to include velcro name tags and patched on the shirt sleeves for tags (something most marines dont do) but ive just ordered a second shirt to work with, however im still strugling on how to complete the look and after looking at this thread its just confused me even more!!

im planning the standard marine in action look, the proper look so im trying to find out what colour tactical vests and/or interceptor body armour the usmc wear with their marpat woodland stuff but cant find a definative answer and this thread shows od, tan and woodland (plus the od marpat)!!

im also looking for recommendations on which pattern of tactical vest or body armour they use but am at a loss, im planning an interceptor for winter (dont want to freeze my *albatross* off when im sat with my saw waiting for targets) and something lighter for summer etc but have no idea on the summer options, any help would be appreciated.

im a bit annoyed as the marpat was a fall back after i bought some ACU stuff that turned out to be the wrong size which im having to ebay - grr - but hopefully any advice you guys can give might help me get the marpat looking the tits for next time i turn up on site with my new m249 would be great!

cheers in advance

millest

get a CB IBA, you can get an SDS one from www.entrygear.com

then get a FLC vest, either CB or Woodland camo, and 2 SAW pouches. you then need a pasgt and helmet cover and some ESS NVG goggles.

you can get an molle II vest from WGC for $115, you wouldnt have to get SAW pouches for it as it comes with one, but if you have two box mags, then you will want another.

get a CB IBA, you can get an SDS one from www.entrygear.com

then get a FLC vest, either CB or Woodland camo, and 2 SAW pouches. you then need a pasgt and helmet cover and some ESS NVG goggles.

you can get an molle II vest from WGC for $115, you wouldnt have to get SAW pouches for it as it comes with one, but if you have two box mags, then you will want another.

im sorry to say but i have no idea what any ove that means, can you explain it in english as i unfortuantely dont have a clue on the acronyms.

thanks

okay, you want an SDS (speciality defence systems) IBA (interceptor Body armour) in CB (coyote Brown)

you then want a FLC Vest (fight load carry Vest) in either CB or US woodland camo. you when need an Extra SAW (squad automatic weapon) pouch, if you get the one from WGC.

ah right, a decent molle vest, was planning on getting one (albeit a marpar one) with all appropriate pouches, now does that go over the iba?

ive seen a number of pics on the web of marines in marpat with the traditional woodland pattern iba, im not sure whether there combat or training photos but i got to say it looks a lot funkier then the cb ones, which whilst i see the logic of them (works well with both marpats) from my purely esthetic point they look a bit naff. lol

as for helmet i have an m88 with marpat cover already so thats not 100% needed at the mo.

well cheers for the advice as its certainly pointing me in the right direction and hinting im not completely mad!

also just briefly on a side note why dont marines show the us flag on their combat uniforms?

millest

If you're looking for a correct loadout, don't bother with a MARPAT vest. The woodland IBA vests have all but been replaced by the CB ones, but if you wanted to do an early MARPAT Marine loadout, it would be fine. A mate of mine has a woodland IBA for sale, and it's in excellent condition. If you're interested, just PM me

Yeah I know, as soon as I turn 18 I'm getting one. Since the Corps will pay for my college I'm usin a $10k college fund that my grandparents set up to buy on from GA Precision and a motor cycle. Also if my luck pans out I will end up getting one issued to me.

Also that guy has a HUGE treasure trove of Marine pics

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/ratamacue

Semper Fi,

Poolee Smith

Well, erm, part of the thing is that I don't really like CB or woodland that much on MARPAT (woodland). Why, I dunno, I just don't like it. CB is too plain and bland, while woodland just matches to the woodland MARPAT (I like vests that stand out, not match). Tri-color is not bland, while still standing out. Plus I like the look from the BF2 models :P.

Like I said, it's just the newer model OTV with full row of PALS on the front and all the way up the back and in CB #498. ;)

Maybe not correct, but it's better than shelling out for a SDS one IMHO.

Edit: Ahh I knew I had this pic somewhere. I think navymp28 posted this on some forum... I think this is a real marine, at least I hope so, otherwise it would be pretty stupid of me to have posted it :D.

Hope it's ok to use it, otherwise just PM me to take it down.

Rifleman2.jpg

Edit: Ahh I knew I had this pic somewhere. I think navymp28 posted this on some forum... I think this is a real marine, at least I hope so, otherwise it would be pretty stupid of me to have posted it :D.

Guy pictured is a real Marine.

Another:

aqz.sized.jpg

Its not common but its better color wise then an SDS.

Archived