Marine Load Outs

FartSnatcher

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bought a PASGT with MARPAT helmet cover on eBay, the kit's coming along. I already have my MARPAT uniform, pouches, helmet, and an M16a4 with M5 RIS and PEQ. Now, I just need boots and an Interceptor. The Interceptor will be bought from a former Marine at the gun show, as he sells PB OTV/IBAs for $70 (without armor), and only $300 with the IIIA inserts. He's also got bijans, boots, packs, and even a Colt M16a4 with heat shield and M203

Dang that's alot of cool stuff. I hate the guns shows here in Socal. It's all a bunch of junk everytime I go. Stupid Kalifornia gun laws. <_<

Yeah. he has a ton. My dad and I were talking to him about the M16, he said his daughter was joining up and that he bought it to teach her :)

And yeah, thank G** I don't live in Cali :D

What are those Marine Corp Desert Combat Jackets like?

I'm thinking of grabbing a replica off EbayBanned (If they make them in giant size, 6"5 and 220lb :tongue2:)

Otherwise, I might think of getting on of the real ones (Ie, civilian ones which were declines by the Corp for whatever reason)

you would be fine with a Large Long... im not sure what sizes thay are available in though. large should be goot too.

i like them alot. they are great for hot, wet weather. but other than that, they dont have too much use, in my opinion. just another layer... unless you wear no blouse underneath.

-Joe

Yeah California's gun laws are horrible. I heard from a police officer that they might ease up on the gun laws this year or the next. Was going to buy a bushmaster m16a3, but found out it wasn't allowed (even with semi-auto only). Only rifle that i would that's legal in California is the .22 ruger, or the m1a, or the m14.

Are they more a rain jacket or a fleece?

I had a nice Adidas sports jacket a while ago - but it was stolen so now I'm looking for a nice jacket which can replace it, need something medium-light, not some huge rain jacket which would instantly fry me.

EDIT: Matt, thats bad.. Even New Zealand allows those weapons (No full autos, but normal sporting license means I can own anything without a free standing pistol grip or bayonet lug, but I can get an endorsement which allows me to use even those style weapons)

What are those Marine Corp Desert Combat Jackets like?

I'm thinking of grabbing a replica off EbayBanned (If they make them in giant size, 6"5 and 220lb :tongue2:)

Otherwise, I might think of getting on of the real ones (Ie, civilian ones which were declines by the Corp for whatever reason)

Hey! I'm 6'5" and 235lbs (Close to your size!) My heritage is mostly German (thanks guys! Love ya!) so I'm a bit of a big guy. I wear a Large Long Top and an XL Long bottom (Large Longs work but they have a tendancy to rip out at the crotch under too much use) I wear the Propper's and they work great and are relativly in expensive. Being as real MARPAT is almost impossible to find in my size for the right price (about the same as the Proppers or less) I generally just go with the ole standby, Propper :D

I'm getting excited for tomorrows game!! Should hopefully have some good pics with the new M4. I'd post teasers but that'd be mean :D Plus I'm sure you guys are sick of seing my theater room! So the good news is there wont be any more theater pictures because I'm moving out of that house :P Now I can get pictures of me sniping people out of my APPT window :)

Haha, brilliant, another normal sized person :D

I have been using the TRUSPEC MARPAT's, but I recently bought a combat shirt from Krukspec (Worth checking out) and first game I played I ripped out the crotch of my trousers, they just couldn't hack it. Problem with the Combat Jacket is that EbayBanned don't do sizing - so I'm really hoping they email me back with some measurements, fast :P

Joe, I'm a bit confused by the descriptions, we don't have Gore-Tex much in New Zealand, is the base material like a light warm material, a plastic kind of material?

You can grab one here: http://www.afmo.com/Combat_Desert_Jacket_p/206-00402.htm

Joe here is the key to getting what you want before you get out.

1. Hazmat guy who is short timer, get 1 drop of POL on your flak jacket and CIF won't take it back ( I think this applies to Iraqi's blood too, but I can't remember ) you will have to take your flak to hazmat give it to him and he will give you a slip of paper to give to CIF. Get in good with him and you won't have to give him the FLAK jacket.

2. Combat loss, when you get back from Iraq or where ever you go, 1sgt's will just write off every missing gear statement, if you happen to "loose" your field jacket in Iraq... your gonna need a new one.

3. Supply Buddy ( this is the holy grail of gear ) this dude will let you get whatever you want in the supply shack for a small price. Supply guys love "Iraq war *suitcase*" so get some "ak bayonets" this can be easily located on ebay for around 4 dollars. I have exchanged these for m-9 bayonets Kevlars and other gear I thought was cool.

4. Postal work and customs agent, giving them a little gift out of your mail home bag makes him feel a little bit cooler then the stupid I will Never even aim my weapon post office guy. A gerber usually clears this up.

Enjoy acquiring extra gear :D

:Disclaimer: I in no way shape or form have ever done any of this :Disclaimer:

hilarious, fatal

;)

ill keep all that in mind...

so i was looking at the G3 thread, and i was tempted to get a G3 for a "battlefield pickup"

i need to stop looking at the G3 thread :P

but with that in mind, what are some somewhat more unique weapons (non AK) that youve seen used out there, fatal?

-Joe

EDIT: i have a sickness. i now want to make a SAM kit...

Squad Advanced Marksman, using the SAM-R

i think ill save it for later though. i cant afford it.

plan:

CB OTV, 4 dual mag pouches, IFAK. might throw on a serpa and triple mag pouch for my pistol as well.

G&P SAM-R: M3 scope, PVS14 mount, G&P AN/PEQ-2A, harris bipod, rail covers. maybe a vertical grip and torch. black issue 2 pt sling.

-Joe

Well, I know you said no AK's but chrome AK's alot of homemade rocket launchers, small mortar systems and like 1 g3 or something similar ( it was on my first deployment so its hard to remember )

n505147625_2068_8473.jpg

Here is some "British Guys" trucks that got hit with an IED on my first deployment.

94b1d687.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

Here are some Marines with the FLC on point

th_Picture007.jpg

Archived