Marine Load Outs

FartSnatcher

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the people with problems for the USMC.mil website :

Photos CLICK HERE

Comments :

1)you see it's a captain from the pins on his chest.

2)AR RAMADI, Iraq – Lieutenant Col. Roger Turner, commanding officer of 3rd Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, patrols through a neighborhood during Operation Block Party 6 Nov. 30.

Photo by: Cpl. Shane Suzuki

Photo ID: 20051220135442

Submitting Unit: 2nd Marine Division (FWD)

Photo Date:30/11/2005

3)AR RAMADI Iraq – First Lieutenant Adam W. Burch, the platoon commander for 5th Mobile Assault Platoon, Company W, 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, uses a Humvee for security during a mission in the city here. The 28-year-old from Saratoga, N.Y., and his fellow warriors conducted a presence patrol in the southern part of the city in an effort to uncover insurgent activity and deter them from operating. The platoon was engaged by an enemy sniper and hit an improvised explosive device during the operation. No one was hurt and no vehicles were damaged.

Photo by: Cpl. Tom Sloan

Photo ID: 200561617612

Submitting Unit: 2nd Marine Division

Photo Date:11/06/2005

4)AR RAMADI Iraq – First Lieutenant Adam W. Burch, the platoon commander for 5th Mobile Assault Platoon, Company W, 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, uses a Humvee for security during a mission in the city here. The 28-year-old from Saratoga, N.Y., and his fellow warriors conducted a presence patrol in the southern part of the city in an effort to uncover insurgent activity and deter them from operating. The platoon was engaged by an enemy sniper and hit an improvised explosive device during the operation. No one was hurt and no vehicles were damaged.

Photo ID: 200561617612

Photo Date:11/06/2005

5)HIT, Iraq - Lieutenant Col. Nooman J. Mohammed, Capt. Kevin J. Klostermann, a 34-year-old Buffalo N.Y., executive officer from Company I, 3rd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment along with other ISF soldiers and Marines patrol down a street.

Photo by: Cpl. Ken Melton

Photo ID: 200581871625

Photo Date:06/08/2005

6)AR RAMADI, Iraq – Lieutenant Colonel Gary A. Jackson, the commander of Detachment 3, 5th Civil Affairs Group, interacts with Iraqi children out side the Maternity and Children’s Hospital here during a mission. The 47-year-old from Oak Creek, Wis., and Marines with 1st Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, and soldiers from the Army’s 2nd Brigade Combat Team conducted an operation to improve medical care for residents of the city and foster good will toward coalition forces. The Marines and soldiers delivered four sea containers of medical supplies – valued at more than $500,000 – to the hospital. The supplies ranged from heart monitors and antibiotics to new bed sheets and bandages.

Photo ID: 200552092929

Photo Date:17/05/2005

7)FALLUJAH, Iraq – Second Lieutenant Joseph Davis, 3rd Platoon commander, Company C, 1st Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment, interacts with a local child July 16 during Operation Hard Knock. Company C personnel worked alongside other battalion infantrymen and Iraqi Security Forces to search through a wired-off sector of Fallujah for weapons and insurgent activity, as well as gather census information on the populace.

Photo by: Cpl. Mike Escobar

Photo ID: 200582111824

Photo Date:16/07/2005

8)RAMADI, IRAQ—Brig. Gen. Charles M. Gurganus, commanding general of Ground Combat Element, Multi-National Force-West, meets with Marines from 1st Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment Feb. 18 at Hurricane Point, in the heart of Al Anbar’s capitol city of Ramadi. The Marines of 1st Battalion, 6th Marines live in cramped quarters inside a building notorious for terrorist assaults.

Photo by: Sgt. Tracee L. Jackson

Photo ID: 200722204936

Submitting Unit: II Marine Expeditionary Force (FWD)

Photo Date:18/02/2007

No prob, I will post more pics that I have aquired for all you cats that want to throw together a USMC impression. The Flightsuits are hella common here and are worn I would say 99% of the time a MARINE is out of the wire. I have seen Force Recon in them, Grunts, I wear them everytime I go out in a helicopter or on a convoy (I am not out all that much though Im not trying to front.) The USMC is going to a new FROG (Fire Retartdent Outer Garment) suit soon and you will start to see less of the flight suit being worn by grunt types.

So the flightsuits are worn for protection from flames? I never knew that.

So the flightsuits are worn for protection from flames? I never knew that.

Yes, although they will burn eventually anyways, but the fabrics is fire-retardent and moreover will not drip and fuse onto your skin like other synthetic fabrics. That's why the Flightsuit or CWU-27/P in Desert Tan is so popular amongst all US military personnel in Iraq - Army and Marines alike. Marines also get fire-retardent underwear issued until they get the new FROG system:

New USMC combat gear: FROG I and FROG II (Flame Resistant Occupational Gear).

FROG I:

* Flame-retardant balaclava

* Flame-retardant long-sleeve T-shirt

* Flame-retardant gloves

FROG II:

* FROG I + flame-retardant outer garment (replacing the current pants and shirt).

Photo 1/1:

marinecover0703129e7984eq6.jpg

Articles:

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/community/...al_frog_070312/

http://stripes.com/article.asp?section=104...48&archive=true

http://stripes.com/article.asp?section=104...90&archive=true

VIDEO:

mms://wm.world.mii-streaming.net/media/navy/wm.nmc.global/070316_3.wmv

post-133-1187083756_thumb.jpg

I had to buy 3 pairs of the Belleville USMC ICB boots before I finally got one that was okey. The boots were basically alright, but the leather parts of at least one of the pairs was always inconsistent in colour and texture. Having also seen these boots on other Airsofters and in shops it seems this problem is very common.

Do you think the models that are available to civilians are just rejected goods? I mean those boots are quite expensive and even cheap leather shoes from never-heard companies manage to keep the leather consistent.

From what I can recall, the only Marine ICB's that are available to civilians are rejected goods. In some way they don't meet the quality control standards. It's also partly due to the Corps mentality that if you're not a Marine or a FMF Corpsman, you have not earned the right to wear the Marine Corps emblem.

Wesker, that is a nice impression. Looks like the MARINES I see here...Really good stuff man. When I get home I will post a pic of my impression, I have managed to source al that I need for a very nice an detailed impression since being here in country. from the LW helmet down to the Boots and everything in between.

Wesker-

Nice stuff, the FLC is still used from time to time. I actually got one in CB from a MARINE here. My Marine budddy that is a SAW gunner uses one actually, almost exactly like your Brothers rig.

USMCSAWGunnerIRAQ07LeftSide.jpg

USMCSAWGunnerIRAQ07Front.jpg

USMCSAWGunnerIRAQ07back.jpg

Closeuprig.jpg

and this is the SAW, I have been trying to source a buttstock like this to no avail.

saw.jpg

This is the FLC:

MYswag2.jpg

And the LW helemt I aquired:

Myswag3.jpg

Archived