Are after-market L96 chambers universal?

l96ninja

No, they're not.

They should be but some aftermarket barrels are made with a slightly larger OD and, as a result, won't fit in the new hop-up.

Which brings me to your situation...

I currently have a Prometheus barrel here with the sleeve off a Hexagon products hop-up jammed onto it.

It seems the owner managed to force the sleeve onto the barrel but found that the sleeve then wouldn't fit inside the hop-up afterwards.

I've seen various similar problems with Prometheus barrels before. Stuff like them not fitting though certain outer barrels etc.

They're great barrels but they're a bit chubby and that can cause issues with how they can be used.

The m14 barrel has a different cut on the hop up as well. The 2 flat plained filed into the side of the barrel, are much closer to the end than on a normal AEG. so you hop rubbers used are stunted as well, no m14 barrel would fit in this hop chamber. But most other non-prometheus AEG barrels should fit without issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm slightly confused about this because I've just fitted a Prommy barrel to my HP hop and its fitted fine. I did have a few issues with to hop arm pin being too long and the cylinder nozzle was too tight to fit into the hop but this was all solved with a bit of filing.

Josh

• 2 weeks later...
The 2 flat plained filed into the side of the barrel, are much closer to the end than on a normal AEG

If you have a steady hand and a dremel you can easily put another set of flats on an M14 barrel, hell you could probably do it with a needle file if neccessary.

I cut a set of grooves on a stock TM M14 barrel so I could use it in my Masada, no biggy.

Jim

Archived