USP Picture Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello,

How is the recoil on the USP Compact with a metal slide on a stock recoil spring?

i shot my friends usp compact with a plastic slide with the stock spring and the recoil was unbelievably fast and snappy.

How is the recoil with a metal slide though? still nice and snappy?

has anyone bought the proud recoil spring and hammer spring?if so, can anyone give me some input on the proud spring set. is there a notable difference in FPS with the proud hammer spring? with a metal slide, and the proud recoil spring, how is the recoil?

thanks

The recoil isnt too slow, but it does leave something to be desired. One thing I did to increase the recoil is polished the inside of the slide rails with a dremmel. I did the same to the top of the frame. It made the action incredibly smooth.

Sorry, but I dont have any experience with the proud recoil spring. I was thinking about buying one, so I am looking forward to hearing what an owner says about it as well.

Edited by quiksilver6184
The recoil isnt too slow, but it does leave something to be desired. One thing I did to increase the recoil is polished the inside of the slide rails with a dremmel. I did the same to the top of the frame. It made the action incredibly smooth.

Sorry, but I dont have any experience with the proud recoil spring. I was thinking about buying one, so I am looking forward to hearing what an owner says about it as well.

i plan on ordering one soon so ill let you know :)

found a little review on the proud spring set :

Hammer spring:

The Proud Enhanced・Hammer spring is a different story, this spring is definitely harder than a 150% hammer spring and causes the hammer to hit the valve knocker HARD. Too hard to the point where you KNOW durability has been compromised. We read a 4 fps gain from the hammer spring alone. The constant use of this spring will eventually damage your valve knocker

assembly, hammer, hammer strut, and hammer strut lower housing.

recoil spring:

Proud is apparently a Hong Kong Based company that made the springs for the USP and after using their products I have mixed feelings. Their Enhanced recoil spring is a standard linear coil spring that is NOT considerably more effective than the stock flat coiled counter part. I suggest not buying this spring unless you somehow lose the factory stock spring.

also in the review is this interesting bit saying that the best enhanced recoil spring you can get for the uspC is the stock glock 19 spring.

Glock 19 OEM Recoil spring. After trying out many configurations (WA cut springs, Glock upgraded springs cut/uncut), this one worked the best in

regards to a balance or cycle fluidity and tension. The Glock 19 recoil spring is longer than the recoil spring guide in throw length and has more compressed tension than the proud and OEM spring. The Glock spring is also sized perfectly regarding diameter so when the spring compresses it doesn't collapse and bend causing friction on the bottom of the outer barrel and inside the frame.

Edited by 0nslaught
Now that...sounds familiar.

and you're welcome.

your name and avatar looks quite familiar :P

your reviews are very awesome, love how you guys reviewed upgrade parts for the gun too.

But after reading your review, it seems like the KM Barrel is quite good. But what about the nine ball barrel? does anyone have that in their uspc?

wont let me edit my last post so,

Has anyone bought the Nine Ball 6.03 Inner Barrel for KSC USP Compact? is it better than the KM barrel?

is it a drop in install like the KM? or is there some modification to do.

was there a noticeable FPS change and tighter groupings?

anything else would be great.

thanks

Here's my Tanaka Works USP. I think it's a P8.

p8-1.jpg

p8-2.jpg

p8-3.jpg

Unfortunately the front part of the slide, the part in front of the recoil rod has sheared off.

Do they even make aftermarket slides for Tanaka or replacement slides for that matter? I would very much appreciate it if someone could point me into the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Ahh ok, I have no clue when it comes to USP's (amongst many other things). I just figured since it says 9mm it was a P8, just goes to show how much I know about firearms lol.

Anyway anyone have a clue regarding aftermarket or replacement slides for the Tanaka USP?