USP Picture Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been wondering about something for the last 12 hours...

Is a suppressed US 45 automatically a USP Tactical? Or is it possible to have an USP 45 with tactical sights and threaded outer barrel, but still with its normal USP 45 slide (meaning not a tactical slide)?

Would it look strange/weird/peculiar?

Because I am trying to find pictures of suppressed USP 45 with no tactical slide, and I was wondering is such a combination was possible or even realistic.

Not at all, it would just be a USP with a threaded barrel! But consider that you WILL need Tactical or at least raised Iron sights, theyre purposefully designed for lifting the sight picture over the supressor. Even with the trigger stop still in, I raise this point: It's still a USP! Who cares what it says on the slide :) We're all here to appreciate the form of the USP afterall.

I'm sorry to have to ask this here, but I figured I'd have a good chance of finding an answer here. How does one remove the sights from a sys7 KSC USP Tactical? I've heated them (thought they were glued) and hit them with a hammer for some time. They do not seem to move at all. Is there a trick to do this? I changed sights on a match some time ago and that went flawless.

Progress so far. Managed to get the SD slide and Crusader steel outer barrel installed.

DSC_5220.jpg

Edited by j3T

Not sure, still a work in progress. Some parts are still missing and I haven't shot it yet. They do seem to fit together without problems, at first sight. Racking the slide goes well although it'll need some wearing in of course.

Edited by j3T
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Been playing around with my recently received full size KSC USP. The slide (metal, unlike my Compact) is pretty worn due to spending most of its life rattling around in the previous owner's holster so I've been trying to get a picture that makes it look decent, rather than just a mess. I'm mostly happy with this result.

USPf-Case.jpg

It's lying on top of one of those gray H&K guncases that specifically fits the USP, which I bought solely for storing this gun. Unfortuantely, it seems that KSC made their USPs a couple or few millimeters taller than the real steel since the USP .45 fits perfectly width-wise, but it's too tall. Even the Compact is too tall with the extended magazine floorplate and only goes in fine with the flat floorplate. But, oddly, my USP springer from UHC fits perfectly.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here are a few shots of the Rare PAP Steel-Slide/Barrel KSC USP Compact kit (pre-System 7), kindly donated by a good friend for some photographs and comparison with the Detonator kit.

Personally, I honestly don't know anything abut the history of the maker of the slide, so have not got too many details to share, but the quality and finish is among the best I've seen, and I've seen them all ;)

It dates back to approximately 2007, I have never seen this particular kit before, so enjoy the shots all you Jack Bauer fans

Left : Detonator (Korea) Right : PAP

IMG_2163_zps73fd37da.jpg.

Left : PAP Right : Detonator (Korea)

IMG_2167_zps1b153bfc.jpg

IMG_2175_zps0e263287.jpg

IMG_2182_zpse70ed2fd.jpg

IMG_2191_zps712ba21f.jpg

Detonator

IMG_2188_zpsf71aa9db.jpg

IMG_2192_zps217989e0.jpg

Detonator

IMG_2194_zps25e672a6.jpg