Element WORKING replica of PEQ16 and M3x light coming soon

PynkPanthyr

YYYEEESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is such good news. Now accurate SOPMOD II projects are possible without spending a ####load or RS lights and lasers. The RS M3x Long Gun costs somewhere in the vicinity of $300 :blink:. The dual switch is a total bonus, it caught me off guard. I can't wait for these releases. :D:D

-OGGY

EDIT: Upon second inspection I just noticed that Element made the M3x body one piece rather than two like the RS. Hopefully that is only because it is only concept art. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Yeah, the light looks plasticky but I don't care at all. Like OGGY said, I am not going to spend upwards to $300 for a non-Block II M3X.

I've owned an Element M600 Scout light as well as one of their M961s and those lights were great!

LED bulb, full trademarks, and the external quality was amazing for the $40 that they go for.

I am just waiting on the day that these are released. You bet that I'll be ordering.

I'll maybe throw in a review or two. :D

-Luis

I saw that. I was wondering if the "IR LED" is simply an IR LED light or an IR Laser? I could understand their desire to only make it an IR LED being that it's less focused so that if someone shone it in their or someone else's eyes it'd be less likely to cause permanent damage. Still, for my purposes, it'd have to be an IR laser.

I saw that. I was wondering if the "IR LED" is simply an IR LED light or an IR Laser? I could understand their desire to only make it an IR LED being that it's less focused so that if someone shone it in their or someone else's eyes it'd be less likely to cause permanent damage. Still, for my purposes, it'd have to be an IR laser.

It says IR LED so I don't think that it's anything bright or a laser in that regard. It's prbably like one of those small navigation lights.

The Element VIP IR Strobes are full LED and those are said to be pretty dim at long ranges.

-Luis

Looks great but why did they combine the M3x with peq-16a, isn't it that the real 16a purpose is to have all lights in one unit; IR light and laser combined with visible light and laser?

Yes, but the 16 is a HUGE battery hog and some people will still want to run an independent light and laser.

Also, it's just in the ad, it doesn't mean it's official that they're going to be combined.

-Luis

I was wondering about that too.

LED I reckon.

In a sane world they'd build this with the three emitters built into a single lump of plastic internally so they can all be aimed together using a single set of adjusters.

That way you could just whip out the IR LED and replace it with an IR emitter carefully installed so the point of aim is correct against the existing visible laser.

Course, I am often disappointed because airsoft manufacturers tend to do things in an utterly halfassed manner. :(

We shall see.

YYYEEESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is such good news. Now accurate SOPMOD II projects are possible without spending a ####load or RS lights and lasers. The RS M3x Long Gun costs somewhere in the vicinity of $300 blink.gif. The dual switch is a total bonus, it caught me off guard. I can't wait for these releases. biggrin.gif:D

-OGGY

EDIT: Upon second inspection I just noticed that Element made the M3x body one piece rather than two like the RS. Hopefully that is only because it is only concept art. I guess we'll see soon enough.

I hope this isn't a really dumb question, but I take it that the peq 16 is part of the block II accessories? also, what is the difference between the long gun and the normal m3x? and is the dark earth version available to the public, or is it only a military thing?

I hope this isn't a really dumb question, but I take it that the peq 16 is part of the block II accessories? also, what is the difference between the long gun and the normal m3x? and is the dark earth version available to the public, or is it only a military thing?

The "official" IR laser/illuminator for the block II SOPMOD program is the PEQ-15(ATPIAL), however units in Afghanistan(mostly Marines) have already begun fielding the PEQ-16s. They will not replace the 15, I can tell you that. Both will be used according to what's available and operator preference.

The term "long gun" for the M3X refers to the backplate. The long gun backplate has a push button and pressure switch capabilites. The pistol swich only has the rocking levers.

Finally, the dark earth version is available to civilians. However that version is a standard M3X. The military ones are "special" so to speak since they're genuine Block II items with the tan stickers and such...

Think of it like the MLCS, RLCS, and black buckle stuff that collectors wet their pants about...

-Luis

okay, thanks, that clears everything up, I like the look of the peq15 better anyways, so I am glad that this isn't the new "required" accessory for a realistic block II build.biggrin.gif also, regarding the m3x, I definitely understand how those different stickers can make the difference to hardcore collectors, as for me, I'll have to see what I can get my hands on. however, I keep seeing the words MLCS and RLCS thrown around, and I never actually understood what they meant. from what I gather, it seems to mean issued/real steel gear. is that correct? sorry mods if its too off topic, but I didn't think that it warranted its own topic.

okay, thanks, that clears everything up, I like the look of the peq15 better anyways, so I am glad that this isn't the new "required" accessory for a realistic block II build.biggrin.gif also, regarding the m3x, I definitely understand how those different stickers can make the difference to hardcore collectors, as for me, I'll have to see what I can get my hands on. however, I keep seeing the words MLCS and RLCS thrown around, and I never actually understood what they meant. from what I gather, it seems to mean issued/real steel gear. is that correct? sorry mods if its too off topic, but I didn't think that it warranted its own topic.

Yeah, the 16 is not "required" and from what I've heard is not even that popular since it's a battery hog and it can be better to run an independent light and laser.

The terms MLCS and RLCS are the huge bags of kit(usually made by Eagle, Allied, Paraclete, LBT, etc) that are issued to SEALs, Force Recon, Rangers, and other SF. It's the gear counterpart of block I/II, etc...

-Luis

oh, okay, thats what I figured, how are the mlcs and rlcs different from civilian versions, and how would one be able to tell what it is that they have?

It's all in the tag, the NSN, buckles, and all that other good stuff.

-Luis

Speaking of the pressure switch, they need to come out with a Tango Down vertical grip for Insight switches. Every replica out there is for the Surefire... The real one is $70, no thanks.

I guess I gotta get the dremel out.

-Luis

I greatly support the inclusion of an IR illuminator in replica equipment! :D Even if it is just a little LED without a whole lot of range it's still nice to see the inclusion of some night vision utility in a replica of a device that's supposed to have night vision utility. Well done Element! Between them and G&P the budget minded night vision users have some things to get excited about this year :D

Archived