Frustrating Patt. 58 Webbing Problem

Right, they are usually fixed to the belt via two metal 'c' type clip, the ends of the 'c' fit into cloth sleeves all along the belt.

*usually* pinching the belt in the middle allows the fabric loop to ride up the clip and the clip to slip out... if its being very awkward a marlin spike or bradall type tool can be used to widen the loop a bit.

By that i mean put your thumb at the bottom of the belt, your forefinger at the top and squeeze togehter making the webbing belt fould in on itslef and freeing the 'c' clips.

Without pics of your webbing i can see if anyone has wired/stiched or taped them in place. Securing all your webbing with 'black and nasty' gaffa tape was pretty common but if thats been done it should be bloody obvious.

Can be a pig if they've either been there for a while or its new.

If you need to change the settings/width etc its often hard work to get the prongs into unused belt loops, i usually widen them with my no4 bayonet before slotting em in.

37/44/58 all have the same quirk.

• 2 weeks later...

Can be a pig if they've either been there for a while or its new.

If you need to change the settings/width etc its often hard work to get the prongs into unused belt loops, i usually widen them with my no4 bayonet before slotting em in.

37/44/58 all have the same quirk.

pair of pliers comes in handy aswell

Pliers, Hammer, Stanley knife, ample flexing of canvas and muscle topped off with over excessive cursing and swearing!!

As Gadge et al have said above, the belt will need a bit of manipulating. Pliers can be used to straighten out the metal clips a little and to also clamp them into the belt. (Where some belts really that loose that people needed to clamp the clasps into the belt that tightly?)

Sometimes a hammer might be useful to give a couple of taps in closing/prying open the metal clip. Another Fix was to use a stanley blade or some such to make a small "nick" in one of the loops to allow easier positioning of the clips.

(Where some belts really that loose that people needed to clamp the clasps into the belt that tightly?)

I've had a properly loaded set of 37 pattern (ie 2x fully loaded bren mags and all the gubbins) have the pouches detach before during use!

Whooops, I Stand corrected. Hope you didn't lose any of the gear. Rather foolishly gave away my full set of original 37 patt (including contents) to one of the LHA lads.

to the OP once the pouches are fitted you might find a elastic bungee or somesuch might help with holding things together.

Whooops, I Stand corrected. Hope you didn't lose any of the gear. Rather foolishly gave away my full set of original 37 patt (including contents) to one of the LHA lads.

to the OP once the pouches are fitted you might find a elastic bungee or somesuch might help with holding things together.

Nah, nothing lost i just had a basic pouch full of bren mags flapping off the belt!

Glad to hear, bet it was a pain having 2 full bren mags banging into you! Been impressed with the ww2 airsof gear you'e shown me in the past.. seriously hard to determine the difference between airsoft and RS. and given that in reenactment RS tends to be deact it would appear airsoft is a way forward and you are to be commended for pushing it forwards..

must get this wheelchair sorted and get back on the scene and catch up.

• 2 weeks later...

I can understand how it can be a bit frustrating to put together but it is a good system once loosened up a little. Mine was like knew but has goe together nicely even if it did leave me with sore fingers to start with. I paid about £15 for mine a complete set as new.

Archived