H&K / Umarex / ARES G36 Elite

Do you have the one with the dual optic? If so, is the quality of the red dot worth it?

Yup I have the Dual Optics one, unfortunately I have not had the chance to get a AAA battery for it yet. Both scopes are fully adjustable though so I do have alot of hope in it. (The Scope itself is great)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup I have the Dual Optics one, unfortunately I have not had the chance to get a AAA battery for it yet. Both scopes are fully adjustable though so I do have alot of hope in it. (The Scope itself is great)

You dont use AAA for the red dot , you use the small buggers called 910A - 1,5V you use 2 of them in fact , they are approximatively half the size of AA batteries with the same diameter.

Sorry if links are forbidden, please remove if so : http://www.batterybuddy.co.uk/gp-910a-15v-super-alkaline-batteries-66-p.asp

Speaking of my own Umarex G36 I have to say that the Red dot is very handy, I like this gun a lot.

Edited by ReeL StEel

You dont use AAA for the red dot , you use the small buggers called 910A - 1,5V you use 2 of them in fact , they are approximatively half the size of AA batteries with the same diameter.

Sorry if links are forbidden, please remove if so : http://www.batterybu...teries-66-p.asp

Speaking of my own Umarex G36 I have to say that the Red dot is very handy, I like this gun a lot.

I got my Red Dots confused there. You're right. Thanks for the correction.

How is the battery cover for the red dot? The old ARES G36 RDS had a battery cover that locked rather loosely. I was told that they have since corrected this, but has been unable to verify it for myself.

The battery cover seems strong. It twists in and sits pretty tightly.

I cant say how it was with the old Ares , but this one is secured with a plastic cap that screws somewhat in place, not a full turn but rather 2 "pins" in teh cap that locks in place.

Not the best solution tbh, but not a catastrophe either. Still love this gun.

Sounds like the STAR dot. The battery was held in by two pins that formed a 90 degree angle, you'd just put the end cap on and screw it in about 45 degrees of a turn and the spring in the battery compartment would hold it together. I heard some people had problems with it rubbing on their gear and coming off, but never had that problem myself. It also took two N size batteries, which was annoying since it meant that it cost me about 6-7$ every time the battery died. Bit disappointed to hear that it still does as one AA or AAA battery would be awesome. AEX currently carries the new ARES so next time I go in, I'll take a look at the red dot and see if its different or not.

Quick question regarding the white text under the ejection port. It seems like certain stores have a version with no umarex markings at all :o . in this video there are only hk trades

I also saw an Ehobbyasia video and their G36C had no white text. Perhaps its mainly a Europe/North America thing. Can anyone confirm my suspicions?

Quick question regarding the white text under the ejection port. It seems like certain stores have a version with no umarex markings at all :o . in this video there are only hk trades

I also saw an Ehobbyasia video and their G36C had no white text. Perhaps its mainly a Europe/North America thing. Can anyone confirm my suspicions?

Correct the U.S./Europe version has the *suitcasey* markings with the white text while E-Hobby Sells the Asia/ Not Umarex version.

quick question that is kinda the deciding point on me buying this thing lol :)

is it compatable with the socom gear m4 , magwell and stock convrsion things?

Yes I am wondering this as well.. Does it except standard TM items like the rail system, stock conversions, etc...

And the magazine, is it standard tm based g36 mags?

And What is the largest battery cell size that could go in this gun? SC? I have a 9.6v SC size cell battery..

Also how is the accuracy/range/effective accuracy? The muzzle adapter un-threads? what kind of threading?

quick question that is kinda the deciding point on me buying this thing lol :)

is it compatable with the socom gear m4 , magwell and stock convrsion things?

I run an M4 Magwell conversion and it works great. Not sure about particular brands, I got my adapter here:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/battleaxe-g36c-magazine-adaptor-p-1315.html

Yes I am wondering this as well.. Does it except standard TM items like the rail system, stock conversions, etc...

And What is the largest battery cell size that could go in this gun? SC? I have a 9.6v SC size cell battery..

Also how is the accuracy/range/effective accuracy? The muzzle adapter un-threads? what kind of threading?

The Mag that came with the gun worked in another persons KWA G36. I use 9.6 1400 MaH batteries and I cannot imagine much bigger fitting, but I would bet a butterfly 2000 might fit.

Accuracy-wise it has become one of my favorites. Flash hider is CW.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the flash hider removable? Or is it glued on?

The flash-hider is cheap plastic and is easily removable with a hair-dryer.

An Update: I have since replaced and re-shimmed the gears and the gun has worked flawlessly. It has earned a reputation with my teammates with its accuracy.

• 2 weeks later...

PEEL THE WHITE TRADE MARK STICKER OF YOU NOOOOOBS !!!!

THEY HAVE REAL ONES UNDER IT !!!!

How?

Also my rifle is having some real problems. I dissasmebled it now when i try putting it back together the charging handle cant pull back after the gearbox without force.

Edited by KingNikan

Most rail systems, magazines and magazine adapters should work fine on the ARES g36s, but no stock conversions will work thanks to ARES using the *realistic* locking stock that is similar to the real steel (however this may mean you could slap on a real steel KV stock, although I cannot confirm that)...

Edited by G36 FTW
  • 3 weeks later...

So the white trademarks are just stickers?

I thought they were engraved and colored.

Can anyone confirm this, preferably with pics of the supposedly realistic trades hidden underneath?

If this is correct and the gears/pistons on these guns are normal V2/3 compatible ones, I might be interested in this rifle after all.

Also my rifle is having some real problems. I dissasmebled it now when i try putting it back together the charging handle cant pull back after the gearbox without force.

There is a sliding mechanism along the top of the gearbox that connects with the piston and powers the blowback. You might have this in upside down.

So the white trademarks are just stickers?

I thought they were engraved and colored.

Can anyone confirm this, preferably with pics of the supposedly realistic trades hidden underneath?

If this is correct and the gears/pistons on these guns are normal V2/3 compatible ones, I might be interested in this rifle after all.

Not my video but it does show the proper HK trades under the sticker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vYbKQKk4kc