H&K / Umarex / ARES G36 Elite

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not my video but it does show the proper HK trades under the sticker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vYbKQKk4kc

Absolutely amazing!! There is a sticker over the trades. I was feeling the etching, but it was through the sticker!! I had to use a razor blade to get it off, but off it came.

FeldJager, If I had points to give, you would get them all. Nice Find!!

Another happy bunny!

I have just got the full length ARES (cough) UMAREX G36 and I can also confirm that the fugly white HK trades are printed on an EASILY REMOVED metal foil sticker and as previously stated the sexy HK G36 markings are underneath. Im so glad as those butt fugly UMAREX trades were putting me off buying this gun!

post-42259-12851791084197_thumb.jpg

As for the dual optic sight, with the telescopic sight, when getting a full image I have a 1/2 inch clearance from the lense of my ESS shooting glasses to the scope, and as for the red dot, mine seems a bit fuzzy and possibly a bit dull but still useable. And the battery holder cap is poo, a tiny spot of glue is definatly needed

I have found the barrel to be a bit wobbly though, I have looked at the barrel retention nut and that seems to be tight, I will check out why this is when taking out the inner barrel for cleaning.

I will give the barrel a thorough clean then take it to a skirmish this Sunday and will post my opinions of it in standard, out of the box setup, however i do plan to upgrade the hop with a SCS nub and upgrade anything else that i feel is needed at a later date so will post results after upgrades as they happen.

I can confirm that these are etched, and colored, as I am sitting here with the gun in my hands and I can feel the etching.

As for the gears, when I had the sector gear fail on me, I replaced all the gears temporarily with a spare set I had on the bench, that came from a cheap stock gun.

? Can you prove this with pictures, because 3 above posts show otherwise.

I would recommend this gun, but then again I am a bit of a newbie, both to the sport and to the forum! I havent owned any other G36 before this, but from my point of view I find the build quality of my G36K to be very good, no gaps or bending anywhere, it feels very very solid. And as pointed out by others in this thread: rip that ugly black and white sticker away -under it are H&K trademarks.

The gearbox looked fine when I opened it and it shoots really good. I like the blowback function, but you can easily disable it. I would probably go for a 9,6v, but thats up to your own preferences.

The only downside i can point at is the poor eye relief in the built in sight, but it still works ok.

Edited by NikE

I would recommend this gun, but then again I am a bit of a newbie, both to the sport and to the forum! I havent owned any other G36 before this, but from my point of view I find the build quality of my G36K to be very good, no gaps or bending anywhere, it feels very very solid. And as pointed out by others in this thread: rip that ugly black and white sticker away -under it are H&K trademarks.

The gearbox looked fine when I opened it and it shoots really good. I like the blowback function, but you can easily disable it. I would probably go for a 9,6v, but thats up to your own preferences.

The only downside i can point at is the poor eye relief in the built in sight, but it still works ok.

Don't worry to much about the eye-relief, it sucks in all of the Airsoft G36s, I heard even the real on sucks a little bit.

alright, I may as well get the g36, the one with the bipod and all because of the reddot, but then again the K has its rail for a small optic, ill have to decide soon, and would echo 1 mags work on this like the hicaps? or are there other ones to use? and an 11.1v volt shouldnt destroy the gun before like 20,000 rounds right? Most guns can take that much stress? Maybe people that own the gun could help me out here.

EDIT: I was reading other reviews, and people are saying its not too great, like there having issues with the blowback has anyone encountered that as of yet? Also may I ask whats the range of it?

Edited by ahadsz

So all in all, would you guys recommend this? The guy who wrote the review said it was a fail, but how are the other models like the k and the g36? If so what battery would be best to use on it? 11.1v or 9.6v or 10.8?

In all fairness, I gave the following summary of my review:

Look and feel : 8.5 / 10

Practicality : 8 / 10

Mechanical : 5 / 10

I know of another owner who had the same gearbox issues I had, but I also know another who has had no issues. It is the simplest gearbox I have ever worked on (only 6 to date, so take that with a grain of salt), so when I had issues, I was able to fix quickly. It is also a very accurate weapon that can easily be dialed into about 180 feet with no mods. I am able to use all of my existing mini batteries, and with the M4 magwell adapter, I am also able to use all of my M4 mags.

As for LiPo, the gearbox is strong, and there are steel bushings, so it should be able to handle it.

Hello everyone, first post after lurking for some time :)

One of the problems with the G36/G36Ks based on Marui's G36C design, is a weak barrel assembly and wobble. They have a barrel extension screwed into the G36C faux gas piston assembly (made of monkey metal and plastic). This easily allows to change a G36C into a K, for example, but leaves unsupported the barrel and it's not true to real steel.

These new G36s from Umarex/Ares look fantastic and very realistic, but I would like to know how solid is the whole barrel and gas piston assembly. ¿There are any barrel wobble? ¿How strong is the union with the receiver? Please, ¿Can you post photos of the receiver where the barrel goes into? ¿Is made of steel, aluminium or a zinc alloy?

BTW, I think you were a bit hard with your 5/10 mechanical score, since the issues you had seems derived from dirty internals rather than bad design or bad parts. Of course, this makes this gun not good to go from the box (Ares QC fail), and requires to be cleaned before the first use. Anyways, that's usual for a new AEG.

There is no barrel wobble if you tighten the barrel retaining nut. The gas piston assembly may act as some support for the barrel but the barrel is solid enough on its own.

My camera is no good and the lightning was bad, but maybe you get the general idea from this picture. The gun has been turned upside down and I unscrewed the barrel retaining nut and pushed it forward (right). To the left is the barrel trunnions (I think its called that?) that fits into a metal piece that is molded into the reciever and that has corresponding grooves, much like the original. And between the barrel and the reciever you can see a gap where the inner barrel becomes visible since I pulled out the outer barrel a bit. Regarding what kind of metal the parts consists of, I have no idea.

679201090713Pb42b.jpg

Edited by NikE

Interesting, if the barrel trunnion is strong enough this is a total winner in my book (if a magnet sticks to it, it should be steel). I've seen several G36K with broken gas assemblies and barrel wobble after a bad fall. I guess it's not in the same level as the RS Type 56, but I think the new Ares G36s looks as if it can withstand more punishment than Marui based ones.

Thank you NikE!

Now, it seems that Ares is going to release the new one piece barrels as aftermarket accesories:

http://www.aresairsoft.com/g36acc.html

And clone B&T handguards! YAY!

Edited by Kratisto

Im just asking for any new pictures of the guns, if anyone has any updates, oh and how about this battery what would work better?

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_171&products_id=31126

or

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_171&products_id=33036

What one of those 2 would work better?

Nike, I believe he is asking me (the OP) if I had anymore pictures, which I do not. ahadsz, the links you posted are dead links. Did you place the products into your shopping cart and link from there? Some shopping carts have a life of about 20 minutes.

Edited by crappy