• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

I just received a new ARES G36K from Ehobby yesterday, So far im very happy with it. I have a lot of experience with TM, CA, KWA, and SRC G36s; and I must say that the new ARES design is VERY nice. Im not gunna go into a great deal of depth, partly because ive only had for about 24 hours, and partly because we all know the realistic take down, barrel nut, bolt catch/spring release, blah blah blah

Pros

-compatible with existing parts. MAG midcaps, TM 50rounders, G&P frontset, CA AG36, CA magwell fit and fed fine

-standard hopup

-realistic and removable gas piston assembly

-small cuts parallel to the barrel, around the circumference of the barrel right behind the flashider (difficult to explain obviously :D )

-NO GRUB SCREWS ON THE SELECTOR SWITCHES, they have small allen key bolts that go from the inside of the trigger group out.

-3x(ish?) optic is very clear, reticule is bigger than CA, some minor distortion though :\

-micro switch trigger

-small grub screw, revealed when pulling back the charging handle, that can be used to lock the inner barrel in place

-blowback isnt revolutionary but it does give nice feedback on full auto

-very nice texture

cons

-came shooting 416-420 fps, might be a pro for some of you but quick change spring makes it a very minor problem

-umarex markings molded/stamped into the right hand side of the magwell

-blowback was initially sluggish, i went into the body and did some very minor sanding to speed it.

-front sling loop will NOT fit on the handguard

-Hop up has an O-ring under the adjustment dial making it VERY tight

-excess gease on the hopup and inner selector mechanism

If anyone has any picture requests or compatibility questions, just ask, I have quite a bit of G36 parts test with

Edited by FELDJAGER
  • 3 weeks later...

In case anyone is interested, I emailed ARES directly about getting a G36C stock for my K, because I like the shorter pull. I paypaled them and they shipped it pretty quickly. So you can get extra barrels, stocks, whutevers directly from them pretty easily

also TM/CA buttpads fit on the ARES but not the other way around.

In case anyone is interested, I emailed ARES directly about getting a G36C stock for my K, because I like the shorter pull. I paypaled them and they shipped it pretty quickly. So you can get extra barrels, stocks, whutevers directly from them pretty easily

also TM/CA buttpads fit on the ARES but not the other way around.

Do you mean ARES in the US or in HK? Because last time I emailed ARES in HK for a spare part or for accessories the answer was to go to the local dealer...

Thx Lance

• 3 months later...

Just an update for anyone who is still interested.

The piece that enables blowback snapped last month, probably ~3k rounds though the rifle. I contacted Zshot, they told me to ask Spartan Imports. Spartan ignored me; so I emailed Ares and they promptly responded and sent out a new blowback slider (part F16) for $10. I received the replacement this afternoon and noticed the replacement is slightly longer and has a different finish than the original; the added length decreases the distance the bolt gets pulled back but not by much, maybe it makes it easier on the whole system to shave a little length of travel off. 1002361o.jpg

That is trivial to me, as I'd disable the blowback out of the box anyway if I bought this.

Can you tell us some more about your general experiences with this gun, now that you've had it for a while? Some people say this model has feeding problems because of the hop-up design, what can you say about that?

I was planning on disabling it too but... its pretty fun to be honest :D

Ive had zero feeding problems with marui/ca 50 rounders. The only issues I've had are with a couple of my MAG g36 midcaps, but those have hiccups in all my g36s (kwa and ca). One of my favorite things about the ares design is the barrel is totally rock solid; I have flashbacks of using a bipod on my full length CA and seeing the barrel flex :(! But with the ares, if you give the retaining nut a couple taps with a pin driver + small hammer the barrel is going no where.

let me know if you have any more questions/pictures requests of any specific parts

The feeding was really my biggest concern with this model, but I guess I don't have to worry. To me, the simplified, realistic takedown and the solid barrel design make all the non-Ares G36s borderline obsolete.

I am wondering about the stock. Can you install stocks from other brands, or more specifically, this end cap from RSOV, or is the stock attachment design different on the UmaStArex?

I know Ares stocks dont fit on an Echo1 g36 i tried out (the release button didnt line up). The Ares stock design uses only the stock latch/release button to hold it in place, the rest of it is hollow. TM/CA stocks will take some serious modding due to Ares' rendition of this piece

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-G36-Backplate-with-Recoil-Buffer-185p1058.htm

TM stocks have no space for that little claw,

KWA left, Ares right

1002362.jpg

• 6 months later...

Are there any magwell conversion kits that works with this? I really want to run this with STANAGS, because G36 mags are far too bulky for my tastes. Also, can I confirm that apart from the blowback mech this is a V3 gearbox with all the associated compatibility? It seems that a change of gears and re-shimming is de rigueur for this gun.

EDIT: for grammar

Edited by Xsjado
  • 3 months later...

I bought the G36CV.

While the externals brought great joy to my loins, digging into the internals was the equivalent to standing under a cold shower: things shrunk.

The design and quality of the hop unit is abysmal. Mine also broke one of those little tabs in the front. Also I don't see what keeps the hop unit + inner barrel from rotating while the gun is in use, thereby causing crooked shots. Am I wrong?

The trigger microswitch design makes me want to throw up, especially when I try to close the mechbox. A V3 mechbox is supposed to be easy to work on. This isn't.

Promotion to wallhanger: yea or nay?

Edited by Utty

My hop unit has not broken yet, but it does feel more brittle than other brands. A prowin style chamber is in order I think, also if you move the cocking handle's floppy bit to either side, you'll reveal a little grub screw that holds the metal chamber that the hop up locks into. That chamber can rotate fairly easily, so its another area of adjustment I guess.

That trigger system+bolt catch is certainly an interesting design :ranting2:

Im still pleased with my K though. The most solid G36 I have owned for sure, but not an AEG for someone who wants skirmishability out of the box.