As per the announcement I stuck up on the forums and on the news pages:

There's currently a problem with user/member permissions not being saved properly for users. This has resulted in a fair chunk of forum categories disappearing for some usergroups. The data hasn't gone it's just that the permission to see/read the data for some users has been cleared erroneously.

We've got a ticket filed to get the problem rectified ASAP. Updates will be added as and when I can.

See here: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/15536

Update@ 01:07 I’ve manually set the permissions for all forums for regular and new members in the forums by hand. With luck that’s all issues fixed for 99.9% of users. Any problems, please email report it on the board in the first instance, or email me direct at arnie@arniesairsoft.co.uk.

The issue is that we’ve now discovered a bug because of the size of our forum where we have so many forums that there’s a memory error in the code from the manufacturer that causes the permissions to blank out if we set them in bulk using their code. This means that once the bug was found we had to re-add everything manually. We are waiting on a fix for their code in the next 24/48hrs so we can again return to bulk changes in permissions to make our lives easy…

Added in site news so people can see it. Apologies folks it's a pain, I've worked on it and so has Marlowe to restore user access for everyone. At the moment a temp fix has been employed and I'm waiting on a code fix from Invision to fix their bug (that they knew about but haven't told anyone....).

The only boards I can see are:

General Discussion + Sub boards

Technical Discussion + sub boards

Site News + sub boards

Site Errors and Suggestions + Sub Boards

Site Discussion + 3 sub forums, obviously a LOT are missing.

Missing are: Sniper Haven, all the team boards, most of the site boards, all the off topic area, some of the Airsoft *chaffinch* Chat boards etc.

Still quite abit gone, hopefully that bulk code shows up soon.

The only boards I can see are:

Site News + sub boards

Site Discussion + 3 sub forums, obviously a LOT are missing.

Missing are: Sniper Haven, all the team boards, most of the site boards, all the off topic area, some of the Airsoft *chaffinch* Chat boards etc.

Still quite abit gone, hopefully that bulk code shows up soon.

Those are all I can see as well :) I'm patient Arnie, I think I've survived two major software overhauls in my years here at Arnies, nothing a day or two can hold a candle to :)

Site News + sub boards

Are the ones i can see - The news forum is the one i'm missing most, i've got some awfully big news i'd really like to post... And again, thanks for putting the time and effort into providing such a great forum service, we all appreciate it hugely! :)

Any more forums appearing for you guys? I'm going through them to ensure permissions are set correctly.

I have just added the standard member permission sets for "forum regulars" to your user group so the rest of the forums should appear now?

• 2 weeks later...

That's because you need 100 posts to see them/post in them. You have two options...

1) Get out there, get involved in the community, make 100 useful posts, access sales section.

2) Get out there, spam for all your worth, get reported, have post count set to -99 and be twice as far away from accessing the sales section.

I'd go with option one.

Edited by Mat

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.