TDI Kriss Build

bankz5152

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the bolts going to be WAY off the real steel, but its just alot easier and will hopefully look cool blowing back :)

Just wating on the ABS to arrive, im just painting the charging handle and doing some minor sanding to make everything look nice.

On the topic of colour scheme so it fits with the rest of my guns i was thinking Black upper & stock and OD lower.

I have a question for someone that knows alot about the RS Kriss.

Its about the bolt release, which end do you push in to release the bolt? The chunky bit closest the outer barrel or the thinner bit closer the trigger.

Its so I can make the slide release on the Glock as similar as i can the the bolt release on the Kriss.

• 2 weeks later...

:D exellent! Makes my life that much easier!

The idea is to bend the current slide release out so it sticks out of the gun a little, give it a little sand and polish so its very smooth.

Then inside the 'bolt release catch' the chunky bit is slanted inside so as you push it in it pushes the Glock slide catch down, thus releasing the slide. Should be a simple enough mechanism.

Little update and help needed!

Finally got my self a G36 stock, for cheaps £10.00 shipped from the US!!

Ive cut it up, and heat formed it to the correct shape etc..

However Im a little stuck on how to make the hinge. Any help?

Also need some help on how to make the stock catch?

Sorry for the double post but time ran out to edit :P

My glock project spun out and isnt going to recover. So I literally dove into building a kriss tonight. 3 hours in and I have the top half of the plastic formed around a 1" square piece of wood. Yes wood, and it is so much easier to work with than the aluminum tube. Ive also been working on the grip and the trigger mechanism. I dont know where Im going to get a piece of aluminum to make the trigger but Ill make or scavenge something. Is their a way to make the glock full auto only? As I think fire selection is a no go with the glock. Next Ill be working on trimming down more of the glock frame and mounting it to the spine. Ill toss up some pics tomorrow afternoon.

Just sand down the selector so its flat, then cut a notch into it. Then on the outer body have a small hole covered by a fake screw pop this out and you can change from auto to semi. Not the best way but it will work.

I did work out the hinge this morning, just mounting so it will be sturdy will cause problems..

Lol wood, wont that make it freaking heavy?

I think yours is going to be alot more accuarate than mine. Mine is much longer!! lol

Just made the hinge for the stock and added the second loop to the stock so once its all dry ill be able to fit it.

Had a good idea for the stock release cut a square hole in the side of the Aluminium tube.

Then use a solid peice of metal or plastic with a spring on the bottom, creating a button type thing.

Then have a rectangle bar coming from the stock to the body which would then clip on top of the button.

Pushing the button in releases the clip and thus the stock folds!

Need to get started on the body work soon!!

body work for me is going amazingly well and Im knocking out as much as I can even before some of the mechanics of the gun. The problem Im having now is the trigger and the charging handle. Trying to make it as accurate as possible but not stressing myself. I cant find anything to make a trigger out of. Wish I knew of a machine shop around my parts. For the stock I dont know what Ill be doing, I plan on making the newest stock they make for the KRISS. I had an idea to use pvc tubing and weld it up nice while I was in Lowes this morning. Ill just have to find a way to make sure its strong enough. Ill get to the stock last after the body work is done and its all put together. Im also trying not to connect the glock to the spine, more or less making it a detachable unit like the lower receiver of the KRISS.

Ahh annoying, 2 steps forward one step back!

Progress from me, made and fitted the stock, although made it a little wrong and gone too far to change it. Also fitted the hinge but due to limited tools it doesnt look amazing but it works. Finally almost finished bar painting the pistol grip area which looks pritty decent.

From fitting the stock ive also realised that my Kriss is about an inch too long! I dont mind too much but it makes the stock look really short.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Minor update, no pics though :(

Got it all together no body work yet though.

All looks good except the stock is so damn short! possibly a little shorter or the same length as an M11 stock.

To extend the stock was thinking about making it a kind of hybrid between the old style stock and the one. I know it will look odd but only thing i can really do. Kinda annoying :(

Also ordering a Galaxy MP7 top rail & Galaxy MP7 sights and a couple 50 round glock mags :D

To be honest considering how previous builds of mine have gone im really happy with this so far. Just simply because it shoots, and it shoots good :D and reliably put 8 mags through it now and not once has the trigger failed.

Archived