All, just a shameless plug really. I wanted to say how chuffed I am with my Bolle Tracker II's which I got from Heroshark. Sharky went some way towards looking after me as I wanted the lowest profile set of glasses I could get as I had a problem trying to find many options that fitted nicely under my genuine british issue kevlar helmet. He sent me various images of his offerings so I could eye them all up prior to purchase. These were £28 shipped and they are indeed very low in profile, about the same size as a pair of regular sports sunglasses and provide more than enough room to clear my helmet.

I had been using ESS ICE's but I have finally had enough of fogging despite using various anti-fogs so decided on mesh. Cheers Sharky!

bolletracker.jpg

I just got a pair of the Dagger Shark goggles and I'm so happy with them :D

For a start they are much safer than my old ACM mesh goggles, I can't see the steel breaking or even denting after some testing.

They are also very comfortable compared to my old ones but I think I'll probably end up finding something more comfortable and then shipping to HS to get mesh put in!

Overall you can't really beat them for the price and quality and you won't ever have to worry about fogging again!

I sent my BOLLE Trackers off to Heroshark about 6 months ago for him to fit with mesh.

They came back super fast and perfectly modified!

6 months or so and numerous games later they are holding up perfectly and I wouldn't trust or use anything else to protect my eyes.

Check the picture thread for some in game pictures of me wearing them.

Cheers

How is the visibility with the mesh vs. a clear lens ?

Thanks

To answer your question .Obviously the bigger the hole mesh I use has better visibility IMO. Its hard to say though ,its very objective. Some people hate it, others are fine. I think its to do with peoples brains working differently. Some find the can't stop focusing on the mesh ,as long as you focusing past the mesh your fine. This also brings up the question of shattered bbs, a long standing discussion in the airsoft community.

With the bigger the hole the more likely to let shattered bbs in .What I would say to put it into perspective .In 10+years, and est 700 sets of eye pro. I have 2 reported incidents with the large hole mesh. This also depends on the type of ammo being used .Quite often bios, and tracers tend to shatter more. But some standard rounds can also. both of these cases the players were unindjured. Once the round has hit, and shattered theres very little energy left over. So you looking at a very small particle ,at a greatly reduced fps. Its very rare ,and this type of occurance has never resulted in indjury to my knowledge with any mesh eye protection. Other than cheap mesh being compleatly penetraited. Its more unconfortable ,than dammaging if it does indeed happen .In 10 odd years playing ,averaging 9 games a year its never happened to me.

That said. The mesh I use is just my personal preference ,as its better in low light. I can do different size meshes if required ,but I like to offer something different to the other options available. Heres a fairly recent thread reguarding my gear ,as I think its important to hear my customers POV rather than just take my word for it. http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?p=363069&highlight=heroshark#post363069

Cheers, Sharky

Edited by heroshark