• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it just a look thing? WE's PDW mags were just their regular with different shell right?

Nope the WE M4 mags vs WE PDW mags are internally very different. M4's BB space is casted into the internal shell along with its gas reservoir, while the PDW's BB space is actually molded into the plastic outer shell. The internal shell is only its gas reservoir.

Its more a WE PDW discussion than should be in the GHK thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I personally like GHK a lot better than WE, I had the choice, and after firing both, the GHK is definitely a cut higher in terms of recoil and noise, it kicks hard, and is also very LOUD.

One thing I did notice when firing is that the gun like the spew gas out from the front when firing extended full auto, not much, but enough to make it look awesome, like the barrel's very heated.

No news about the PDW mags yet, but I'd imagine they would come out with them later. Though I personally prefer STANAG mags.

^may I ask why you we're disappointed with the WE PDW? I'm looking to pick one up but can't decide between the GHK or the WE.

Well, I bought a lemon. The PDW didn't work right from the first shot. It was an aesthetically beautiful gun but the bolt locked back after every other shot. I was never able to skirmish the gun and eventually abandoned all hope and sold it. The person who bought it said some parts were missing and there was considerable wear on the hammer from that. Get the GHK!!! WE's QC is really not that good from my other experience with their pistols as well.

I haven't completely lost hope in WE because they seem to be trying and their guns are priced competively.

Edited by jotohomomoto

I've decided I'm going to order a GHK this weekend. I plan on buying some extra mags too. Any advice on which ones to get? I've had some bad experiences on my WOC with bomber mags leaking at their fill valves, g&p leaking at their main valves and GHK destroying nozzles and being super tight in the magwell? I assume GHK mags should work with no probs since it is their gun.

I've got 4 GHK mags, all of them work perfectly. Two of them originally had issues staying in the mag well. The magazine shell wasn't giving enough grip to the mag catch, but a little prying with a flat screw driver and 3 seconds later it's all fixed.

• 4 weeks later...

So i havent found much in ways of the GHK PDW and its reputation or problems. Im assuming its pretty flawless since no ones posting about it, or that no one even cares to buy any. Does anyone have any info regarding breakdowns, reliability?

Ive looked on this Forum, AirsoftForum and Gasguns.info and neither has much. . whats the deal? I'll still keep looking but im waiting for more info to pop up, bc the WE PDW has SOOOO much issues im not even considering it anymore.

The only problem I've had with mine is that the kick is too hard :/

The recoil rattles my barrel screw loose in a couple mags, I've since used locktite and fixed the problem. Other than that, I can't really complain, while people do whine about the fixed hopup, it is set well,you can use .2 with a little overhop, or use .25g for a straighter path. The range is decent, a little behind high quality aeg bucking/barrel of equal power, but considering it's a PDW I won't ask for much more. It is a blast to use in cqc or as a backup.

The only problem I've had with mine is that the kick is too hard :/

The recoil rattles my barrel screw loose in a couple mags, I've since used locktite and fixed the problem. Other than that, I can't really complain, while people do whine about the fixed hopup, it is set well,you can use .2 with a little overhop, or use .25g for a straighter path. The range is decent, a little behind high quality aeg bucking/barrel of equal power, but considering it's a PDW I won't ask for much more. It is a blast to use in cqc or as a backup.

Awesome. Thanks for the Info, i really cant find much on it. IDK what the deal is.

So is yours a verion.3 i thought that theres a hopunit on it? Are the internals upgradeable? I only see the Bolt Carrier from RATECH, nothing else.

I think there's just not many people with it, plus it's being overshadowed by the WE counterparts.

There is a hopup, but it's fixed, apparently GHK wanted more stability and opted with a simple fixed hopup over an adjustable one with many parts. There is enough space for an adjustable hopup if they wanted to, maybe another company will make aftermarket ones?

As far as upgrades go, that might be the only thing right now, when I got it there were no upgrades available. Though I don't think any upgrades are necessary right now, I've put over 30 mags through mine already and everything is still working fine.

Edited by Donut

I think there's just not many people with it, plus it's being overshadowed by the WE counterparts.

There is a hopup, but it's fixed, apparently GHK wanted more stability and opted with a simple fixed hopup over an adjustable one with many parts. There is enough space for an adjustable hopup if they wanted to, maybe another company will make aftermarket ones?

As far as upgrades go, that might be the only thing right now, when I got it there were no upgrades available. Though I don't think any upgrades are necessary right now, I've put over 30 mags through mine already and everything is still working fine.

I see that your GHKPDW is a Ver.2

I know there is a Ver.3 available now since you bought yours, not sure if the Ver.3 Hopunit is fixed or not. I think im gonna jump on buying a GHK PDW, screw the WE-Tech. I've read SO many posts about issues of them not working properly even with the RATECH parts installed. I don't care much about looks, more reliability AND i know that since its first inception, the GHK MUST be lot better in terms of the finish. All those issues, and the fact that GHK Mags come with a whopping +10 rounds per. .

Is the GHK KAC PDW based on the wa m4 gbb system? Or is it their own system? I'm wondering cause from what I can tell it uses WA mags.

I'd love a gbb kac pdw, but both the WE & WA gbb systems scare me. So any guns based on those two systems will eventually carry with them the flaws of each system.

Edited by DesertFox