I ordered some stuff from Airsoft Buddy, and thought I'd share my thoroughly negative experience with you guys.

Here's the website blurb;

"Airsoft Buddy is a newly established on-line shop for airsoft products, we're located in Hong Kong and evangelized to provide one-stop shop for airsoft fans world-wide. We partner with the largest and most reliable airsoft and war-game equipment suppliers, and therefore, we carry a large variety of high quality products which could suit for individual fans’ interests.

Our customer services team will follow-up closely with customer requests, and try their best to serve our valuable customers - you. So that you need not worry about the logistics after placing your order and settle the payment, our team will take care of that. We focus on our on-line business, and will have 100% commitment to YOU!"

I put in an order for four WE SCAR GBBR mags in Tan, and a Bomber Lightweight CNC Speed Bolt Carrier for the same gun.

This order was placed on Tuesday. Airsoft Buddy were the only shop to have all these items in stock on their website. I paid immediately.

It took them a day to actually look at my order, and tell me that the Bomber Bolt Carrier was actually not in stock, contrary to the website's stock indicator. They asked, in broken English, whether I'd want a partial refund for the cost of the bolt and to send the other stuff, or a full refund.

I replied immediately, telling them I needed the magazines sent straight away for a game next week, and that I'd just have a refund for the bolt or they could send it at a later date, or whatever.

It took them another day to look at that e-mail.

Then, even though they'd offered a partial refund option, they just refunded the whole amount anyhow. Not sure whether they don't understand English that well, or whether they wanted to dodge paying shipping on the Bomber bolt, or whatever.

So now I'm stuck without the parts, and without time to order from another, more reputable retailer. I also have to wait for Paypal to complete the refund to my credit card - not sure how long that takes?

Hmmmm...

Thanks for wasting my time, Airsoft Buddy.

0/10 on service. Also, their website is dead slow to load, which is frustrating, and they only have one e-mail address for contacting them on, which seems to get checked once every 12 - 16 hours or so.

Ben.

What did you expect?, your buying goods from CHINA, lol. They speak a completely different language. IMHO, your lucky to have gotten your funds returned.

It was just an accident and miss communication, nothing to serious, and not really thread worthy if you ask me.

Errrm... Where to start, really?

1./ This is a retailer review, not a Problems with Sales Online thread.

2./ It's a HK business, as are plenty of reputable retailers who have served the airsoft community for years.

Who do you think supplies American airsoft shops? :rolleyes:

My review verdict? Don't bother, buy from a better-known HK shop.

Ben.

I have made 16 orders from them and in that they only stuffed up part of 1 order, which was about a spring. Everything else has been fine. It takes an average of 4 days to get to New Zealand, they are one of the quickest retailers out there, and no I don't speak to them in Chinese.

One has to remember, if you demand things in a hurry, the chances are it will take longer than if you don't demand it. Its like sitting in traffic/taking a dump, one tends to get there faster if we all just relax.

I replied immediately, telling them I needed the magazines sent straight away for a game next week, and that I'd just have a refund for the bolt or they could send it at a later date, or whatever.

Thats being demanding.

Most Shops take at least a day to reply, and airsoftbuddy is no different.

Perhaps I should have used the word 'informing' in the review, but I demanded nothing.

I just made them aware that I'd like the magazines as soon as possible, and I'd sort the rest out as and when.

Unfortunately, that request seemed to be too much for them to handle.

Ben.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...