WTS Gaming PC

Alright, I recently built myself a brand new PC, so I’m looking to get rid of my old one. It’s a gaming PC that was built in September 2007, so it’s not cutting-edge, but it’s still pretty powerful.

Here’s what’s inside:

Case: GIGABYTE 3D Aurora 570 GZ-FA1CA-ASB Black 1.0 mm Aluminum body ATX Full Tower. It’s a fairly nice case, and has very nice airflow. The only problem with it is that neither of the front USB ports work. It is also worth noting that I replaced the original blue LED fans with red ones, but I can swap them back at the buyer’s request.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor. It’s a very nice CPU, currently overclocked to 3GHz, running nice and stable.

CPU Cooler: ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler. This cooler was a huge upgrade over the stock cooler that came with the processor. It keeps the processor nice and cool, even with the overclocking in effect. I used Artic Silver 5 as the thermal paste.

Motherboard: ASUS P5Q LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard. This isn’t the original motherboard that I built the machine with. I swapped that out for this one in August 2009. Its features include Gigabit LAN, Realtek HD audio, and a total of 8 internal SATA ports (2 of them are part of a different SATA controller, and are optimized for RAID usage).

Video Card: EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card. At the time this machine was built, this video card was one of the best on the market. It doesn’t really compare to the newer ones that are available right now, but it can still run Crysis on high settings, and it can run World of Warcraft on the “ultra” settings (if you’re into that sort of thing). I never really ran into any situations where it performed poorly, but it’ll have to be replaced soon enough if you want to run some of the next-gen games on the horizon.

RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory. I don’t really have much to say about this RAM. It always performed wonderfully, and I’m sure it will continue to do so for many more years to come.

Power Supply: CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply. Like the motherboard, this part was not part of the original build. In August 2009, my power supply started giving me problems, and I chose to buy this new one instead of waiting for the RMA. This PSU is more than powerful enough to handle the components that are in the computer now (when it was my primary machine, I had 6 hard drives in it, as well as a PCI-Express sound card). If you wanted to upgrade the video card, this power supply would be able to handle it without issue.

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAJS 320GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive. I migrated all of my hard drives over to my new machine when I built it, and this is the only other one I had. It’s nothing special, but it gets the job done. This drive was purchased in January 2010, and is under warranty until 12/26/2012 (but it’s a Western Digital, so it’s highly likely that you’ll never need to use the warranty).

Optical Drives: 2x LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner with LightScribe (that was a mouthful…). Not much to say about these drives. They always worked nicely, and the Lightscribe feature was really cool (you can see a picture of some of the discs I made with it here). Because there’s two of them, you can do direct disc-to-disc copying, using the proper software.

Monitor: Acer AL2216Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP support 300 cd/m2 700:1. I always liked this monitor, and it was a huge upgrade from the 19” LCD I had before it. Its recommended resolution is 1680x1050, which is a 16:10 aspect ratio. It has both DVI and VGA inputs.

Operating System: This machine will be running a genuine copy of Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (it’s not currently set up, because I haven’t reinstalled the OS on the new drive after building my new computer). The 32-bit version could be installed, at the buyer’s request, but I wouldn’t recommend it. This is the Professional edition of Windows 7, which means you can use Windows XP Mode (a very useful virtualization tool, running under Virtual PC).

That’s everything. No keyboard or mouse are included. I am looking for $600 plus shipping for the entire package, or $525 plus shipping for just the tower (no monitor). I can change/upgrade any of these components if the buyer is willing to pay for the parts (I will not charge anything for labor). I should also note that I am not desperate to sell this, so my price is firm.

I would like to add that I would prefer not to ship this computer anywhere outside of the lower 48 states. The last time I sold a computer on here, the buyer was in an APO in Japan, and customs completely screwed the computer up when they inspected it. The package will be shipped with insurance, but any buyers outside the lower 48 states will assume the risk of any damage customs might cause.

If anyone has any questions about the computer, feel free to post them here, or send them via PM. Pictures can be provided upon request.

Thanks for looking,

-Fat

Replied. I didn't think I would have to specify this, but I will not under any circumstances part anything out. If no one wants to buy the computer as a whole, then I'll just keep it as a spare. I'm also not willing to sell the monitor separately.

Figured I'd add this: For an extra $50, I can offer this computer with the Western Digital Raptor 10,000rpm hard drive. I'm currently using this drive in my new computer as my primary, so I'd have to order myself a replacement (which would add a few days delay to when I ship the computer out). It's a great drive, and it scores 5.9 in the Windows Vista and 7 Performance Index (which is the highest score a non-Solid State drive can get). The other hard drive mentioned in this ad would still be included as a storage drive.

As a bonus: If this computer sells at my asking price, I will include my copy of Crysis (and pre-install it for you, if you wish). I may include some other games as well, if I'm feeling generous.

Some new details:

I would like to mention that I would much prefer to sell this computer in the regular $600 configuration (tower and monitor, no extra hard drive). To sweeten the deal, if someone buys it in that configuration, I will throw in the following games (in addition to Crysis):

-Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War, and all its expansions

-Company of Heroes, with the Tales of Valor expansion

-Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance (it's the stand-alone expansion to the original)

-Neverwinter Nights 2 - Gold Edition (includes Mask of the Betrayer expansion)

I do not know where the boxes for any of those games are, but I will ship them in a CD-booklet with their original manuals. I will also pre-install them on the machine, if you'd like.

Also worth mentioning is that Crackisbad has asked to buy the Motherboard, CPU and monitor separately. I initially refused, but upon further thought, I said I would do it if I could find buyers for the other parts. Below is a list of the parts I would be selling separately. The ones in bold are the ones that I absolutely must sell before I would be willing to split the package (meaning I must have buyers lined up for all of them before I'll do the deal).

-RAM $50

-Case $75

-Video Card $50

-DVD drives $15 each or $25 for both

-Power supply $75

If anyone has any questions, feel free to send them my way, but keep in mind that I really would prefer to sell this as a package.

Thanks for looking,

-Fat

Someone asked my via PM if I was looking for any trades. To answer this question publicly: No, I am not looking for any trades.

A friend of mine has expressed an interest in my monitor, and I currently owe him money, so I'd like to give it to him. With that in mind, I am willing to sell the tower by itself (in its regular configuration) for $500 plus shipping. I will also include all of the games I mentioned above with it.

Any takers?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, the local deal has fallen through, so this thing is back up for grabs. I've given the monitor to my friend, so that's off the market now. The price is still $500 plus shipping for just the tower, and all of the games mentioned above will be included. I have a very old Dell 15" LCD monitor (the resolution on it is 1024x768) that I'll include for free with the computer, if the buyer would actually want it.

I still don't really have any interest in parting this out, but I do have a list of partial trades that I'll accept:

-Tokyo Marui M4 SOPMOD low-cap magazines

-Magpul MS2 sling in black

-Magpul PTS CTR stock in black

-Magpul PTS MOE or MIAD grip in black

-Hurricane or G&P Eotech 552 (or any model that uses AAs or AAAs)

-Any other accessories or gear (in black) that might be useful for a Tokyo Marui M4 SOCOM (doesn't hurt to ask)

In the case of any trading, you'll have to ship first, unless you're reputable and I've done business on here with you before.

Thanks for looking!

-Fat

Well, I just figured out a way to un-link my copy of Windows 7 from this machine, which means that I have a new option to offer. I'm now willing to sell this machine as is (with no OS) for $350 plus shipping. I can also put my old copy of Windows Vista Home Premium on there for free, if you'd want that.

Any takers now?

Archived