AA-12

steaktipz

I have to agree there ed, I think it's simply because shotgun shells are bigger so people want to see them. I like the way TM shotguns have been worked out, you get the fun of loading a shell (ok, magazine but it looks cool) and it functions in a reasonably shotgunny manner. I'd think the easiest method of making an AA-12 would be to encase the mechanism of a TM type shotgun in an AA-12 mock-up body then make a magazine loading system, it would necissarily have a TM shell bonded to the top for a little bit of realisitic appearance. I know this wouldn't be auto or even semi-auto but then the spas 12 and bennelli shotguns arn't semi-auto either. You would get a high magazine capasity though and I'd think you'd just have a vertical grip fixed to the pump mech so you'd have a fair fire rate at your disposal. As far as I'm aware any triple shot AEG will just have woeful and inconsistent power, pretty much as when you get a double feed the velicy imparted to each BB isn't equal. Obviously if the OP wants to go down that route it's their money and time but technically I don't see it being very satisfactory as an actual skirmish weapon. I guess whatever mechanism it has it will look damn intimidating, kind of the point of the AA-12 as far as I can see!

Thats kind of complicating the issue. If he is using an M16 as a base, then i think its such a better idea to just use STANAG magazines, they will fit and feed perfectly after all. Put some plastic sheet around it to make it look like the AA12 magazine if you really must :P.

I dont see why an AEG with 3 BBs would be inconsistant. So long as he can get the feed mech to load 3 BBs every time, and if he can modify the hop in a way similar to what i sujested, or otherwise, then each would have decent range. Of corse it wont be perfectly accurate, but ITS A SHOTGUN :P.

Anyway, the TM shell works so well because it is not a shell at all. It is a magazine that looks like a shell. :D I love em.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3mm PVC? Bit much I would think. Id suggest 2mm ABS, easier to heat form IMO.

I've been working with 3mm PVC sheet recently, it forms very easily and cleanly (good finish) with moderate heat (gloves not required...if you're careful).

It's also very quick and easy to glue-up with PVC cement, which gives a good bond with most of the plastics used on Airsoft stuff.

E.g. I've done a few G3 trigger guards for a friend that uses them for rentals at his site, I got bored with doing them 'free-hand', so I made a little jig...

G3triggerjig.jpg

I agree, 2mm would be fine for this application though, you gain a lot of stiffness/strength from forming flat sheet into a '3D' shape, particularly if you can work a bit of double curvature into it.

Seeing as an AA-12 has a fatter outer barrel anyway, would it not make sense to strap together 3 barrels, each with its own rubber and create a custom 3-tipped nozzle? So the feed mech feeds into a triangular chamber, the first bb enters the chamber, then the 2nd and 3rd bb pushes it up to the top of the triangle. The 3 nozzles then push all 3 bbs past the 3 hop rubber seals, gearbox fires and voila, a 3 shot shotgun. I doubt you will be able to fit a propper hop to each barrel, maybe diy one with a simple screw and rubber, but you will have a working aeg shotgun. If any of that is not clear, I can draw some sketches, let me know.

This concept has a definite chance of working, but you will need to be very careful about removing any flat surfaces, in case a bb manages to get wedged into the gap between the barrels or anywhere else for that matter. If that happens, bye bye tappet plate. But if you get it just right and keep the ROF nice and low, this should work. In theory.

ive been thinking about this for awhile now and have decided im also going to have ago at building one im terribad at build outside stuff but i think i have the magazine and tri barrel set up sorted.

im going to attempt to make one with an external c02 rig as i belive its the easyist way to get an effective skirmishable aa12. heres an image

aa12mag.gif

its basicly 3 seperate guns 3 barrels 3 hops 3 mags hehe

I opened up my M16 today and will be fixing it up soon. I'm beginning to lean more towards the T-14 idea suggested by ED-SKaR earlier, because of all the limited materials and skills that I don't have. :) (Also I never really realized how nice the M16 actually looks). Also, If the only thing I need to mod is the hop up to get the BBs to load 3 at a time, I could just switch out barrels between games (or even during games) to go between shot gunner and assault. And don't worry, I'll keep you guys posted.;)

-Andrew

(Also I never really realized how nice the M16 actually looks)

I find an impulse to dissagree with that comment. But each to their own.

Switching between three-shot and single shot, you could say you where using slugshot ammo, rather than changing to back to an m16 :P.

@ Bando and Bachelarius, I thing it would be a very good idea for you to buy a chineese tri-shot to get the tri-barrel with tri-hop and then use the loading mech from it as well. The loading mech as designed by TM works very very well and you needent make something else when you could steal parts from one.

Also, you could buy a broken one. all you need is the tribarrel set the trinozzle and the feed mech.

Just opened up the gearbox of my M16. . .wow! JG is really stepping up their game. Metal bushings, a solid metal hunk of a spring guide, ball bearing piston head, and pretty darn good compression. The only thing that was wrong with it was that the back corner of the piston with the 1st tooth was broken off. Good thing I have a spare piston laying around. I'm impressed.

Somewhere higher somebody was asking if the gun uses shells, but not. But i have a idea. Make the mag as u want i to look, but make like prop shell on top of the mag, to look like using shells, if needed couple of shells.

Somewhere higher somebody was asking if the gun uses shells, but not. But i have a idea. Make the mag as u want i to look, but make like prop shell on top of the mag, to look like using shells, if needed couple of shells.

I have seen a classic airsoft magazine similar to that. I think it was for an m4 (arent they all) where the top of the magazine slid lower when you put it into the gun, the slidy bit looked like the top of a real magazine with painted bullets.

this seems a bit farfetched

what you need is a TM spas12 or M3 (wich im told has a non adjustable hop up for .25bb), gut them out and marry it to your M16 gearbox.

only problem i see is that you tripple the weight the gearbox need to push (wich means you will only get 1/3 the normal FPS) the gearbox would need to be near (or over) the 600FPS range for the BBs to even hold stable hop-up trajectory

personally, I would have had a look at the ACM M500 and a co2 V2 gearbox, for a project such as this. The rotary feed mech. should make feeding from a magazine easy and reliable. + a shotgun making that sewing machine sound... mood kill, i for one would want that CO2 crack to make this gun demand respect )

The biggest problem I see with your idea is lack of space in an M16 receiver. With the gearbox, and the fact that the bbs have to load into the feed mech horizontally and not vertically, there's just no room. Once again, great ideas, but I'm sticking to my plan. Also, (once again) I chose an electric system because I've got a ton of batteries lying around and gas is costly and less consistent.

Quite honestly, half of the ideas people keep giving me on this thread seem far fetched.

this seems a bit farfetched

what you need is a TM spas12 or M3 (wich im told has a non adjustable hop up for .25bb), gut them out and marry it to your M16 gearbox.

I have been over this project idea time and time again. I have the parts from a TM shotgun to do it (no, you cant have them :P) and compairing them to a V2 or V6 gearbox (what i have had at various times) and it simply is not that simple.

The tri-barrel loading mech requires the loading arm to "portion" 3 BBs and then push up and sit in the middle so that none of the BBs jam inbetween the trinozzle. The movement of the loading arm is vital to the design, and there is no easy way to conect it to an AEG gearbox. It can be done, but its difficult.

Alright, I just got my M16 to shoot 3 bbs with each shot on semi. All that needed to be done were a few hop up mods. :) It actually shoots 2-4 bbs on occasion, but I blame that on the fact that I'm using a high cap that came with the gun. I'm definitely going to need some .2s, as all I had to test with were .25s, and also probably an m130 spring or higher. It only shoots 1 bb on full auto, so I'll just use it on semi. (hey, it's better than pump) Also, since I don't really have much skill on anything other than airsoft internals, I'll just keep the m16 appearance, maybe make a few mods, and call it a T-14. I want to especially thank ED-SKaR, because he's the one who actually got this project off the ground with his hop up ideas.

-Andrew

I want to especially thank ED-SKaR, because he's the one who actually got this project off the ground with his hop up ideas.

I heartly apologise!

:P

What mods have you done to the hop? Talk us through what you did please :D.

Archived