i get this message when i click on anything o nthe site but i get the message after a few seconds of my computer freezing, everytime.

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://cdn4.specificclick.net/img/?ag=2&pb=d4339&pg=&us=&nwk=1&rnd=500461:0

any ideas? virus? too cool for this site now? just dont know

Jas

I have double checked the code for the news pages and the forums and there's no trace of any link of any "Specific Click" code in any source pages and I'm not aware of any links like that on any of our pages.

Have you tried checking your browser for issues? Possible try Chrome or Firefox (whichever you don't currently have) and seeing if you get the same issue.

In order to look into it further I'd need the source code of a page that's causing you issue.

• 3 weeks later...

doubt it is your fault, just either browser or computer don't like the script. The script in question is one the tracks or visitors to this site that we use. It is free and just logs who came and went not intrusive at ask. We have run the same script for over ten years.

If there is a major issue with it for a percentage of users we will disable it and/or notify the creator/host

The advice mentioned above stands, if you're running Firefox please use the NoScript addon (it's free and simple - and dead useful for security) and try disabling the external script that's listed. If that solves the problem then I know it's a local issue. I'm on Firefox here too and I can't get the script for love nor money to do the same for me. It's not that I don't believe you it's just that if I can't replicate the issue I can't fix it other than by turning things off globally.

Ref lag, I think the forums have been slightly slower lately due to massively increased server demand (lots of people on the site) but I've not noticed anything other than that.

Cheers, just added NoScript so I'll see if that makes things a bit smoother on here, the laggyness I think is in part due to my PC being a bit laggy overall although the forum seemed to be more laggy than anything else.

I have removed the offending bit of code. It turns out Sitemeter (the stat counter) was loading code that was undesirable. I've removed that and set it jsut to load an image of the counter and not the javascript. That should cure it. Let me know if it doesn't.