• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're annoyed at them lying, when you yourself lied to us and FireSupport regarding what gas you used?

Firesupport state you should only use Cybergun SUMMER gas in Marui GBBs on their warranty page. You stated you did, at first. Now you change your story and admit you used "the wrong gas ". Any goo

This has turned into one hell of a discussion that no longer has anything to do with Firesupport.   All I want to say on the point is this... Mack Bolan, do you really expect Firesupport to go out o

I've used Fire Support on about 6 orders to date and they have been really good, especially with one I needed for a Weekend game ordered on Friday, which arrived on Saturday as requested.

I will always go with internet retailers who have stock levels on their site, as it gives peace of mind when ordering and especially when you can see that stock level decrease in line with your order.

First class service and much appreciated.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have used FS once so far, certainly would / will do so again. Pretty helpful, well very helpful had a nice chat with them. Postage was if anything not great, however once its posted it is out of their hands. Yup, pretty good place to use all in all.

Another Son of Dorn? I say, how is Pedro Kantor doing these days?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ordered a magpul AFG and AI Propane Adaptor Kit off them. Speedy delivery! I love how FireSupport always have a good level of hard to find parts in, such as AFGs, CTR stocks etc.

What's more, I ordered a kit off them that I changed my mind on, and was able to cancel that order within an hour of me placing it. Fast response times, etc.

To me, they were definitely on a par with Land Warrior Airsoft, but then I realised they have a stock notification option too! Shot up to the top of my list of retailers.

They have parts that I would have had trouble obtaining in Hong Kong without special orders... like the ICS trigger unit board for the pro series mp5... they stock accessories that many sites don't bother with, they aren't more expensive than the average UK retailers, and occasionally do amazing time limited discounts!

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I ordered some midcaps from them recently and asked about spare screws/barrel assembly for an M16 as the threads were shot on mine. They sent a new barrel assembly piece with screws free of charge, all arrived next day. I wasn't expecting it to be free that's for sure.

So I managed to strip all the threads on THAT one too, but...I don't think I can blame Fire Support for that particular fail...

Edited by reppiV
  • 4 weeks later...

Highly disapointed with these guys!!

Purchased a Marui Chrome Desert Eagle which happens to be faulty. I used for the first time last sunday using Cybergun summer gas.

Frank insists that it's due to using the wrong gas in the wrong conditions but my friend ordered the Marui Glock 26 and it's working great...same gas, same conditions!

Of course I'm prepared to send it back at my own cost as long as the warranty covers repairs or replacement of the gun but they won't hear of it and insist that it'll be at my own expenses.

Is it because I'm French (South African in fact)?

Here's the exchange we've had by mail, you can judge for yourself.

Hello Firesupport,

I gave you a call this morning concerning what I think might be a manufacturing defect on my brand new Marui Hard Kick Chrome Desert Eagle.

As agreed I'm expecting news from you as to what I should do.

Of course you must be very busy right now but please don't forget about me, I'm soooo sad my new gun is useless.

Thanks for your understanding.

Hi

Please can you tell me what gas you are using in the gun, name and brand please

I was also told you would be sending us some photos of the wear

Thanks

Frank

The guns are not designed for that power of gas and you have probably broken the gun through using over powered gas.

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/warranty.php

They are only designed for 134A gas which is a low powered gas.

We can still help you fix the gun but you will have to pay for the repairs

Sorry

Frank

I've done a lot of research before using this gas and my Colt MEU, Extreme45 and Sig P226 have been working perfectly with this gas.

Moreover the 134A is not allowed for environmental reasons.

I never use Ultrair or Green or Walther gas.

"-If a GBB / Springer / product is being covered under our warranty then our warranty will be void if the item has been used with anything other than HFC 134A or Cybergun Gas."

I'm quite surprised and disapointed with your reply, I only (tried) used the gun once!!!!

Please tell me you will repair it or replace it at no charge! You do specify that cybergun is fine don't you?

Hi

The cybergun summer gas is ok but you used the winter gas.

Please send the gun back for us to look at, I cannot fix it for free but will look at the problem and see what is up.

The warranty terms are for UK customers where the normal ambient temperature is lower than in Europe so it may be a combination of gas and how hot it was.

If you do send it to us please include a note of your name, address, tel num, why you are sending it to us and a copy of your invoice.

No I didn't use the winter cybergun but the summer cybergun gas! Can't believe you just assume I used the winter one!

The normal ambient temperature is not necessarily lower in the UK than in Europe (Europe is a continent including many countries where temperatures might be much lower than in the Uk ie: Sweden etc...

If your warranty terms are for the Uk only then why sell to other countries?

You insist on the gas factor but why couldn't it just be a factory/ manufacturing defect?

This my second Desert Eagle and the other one still works fine using the same gas.

I could have ordered the gun through ehobby or redwolf but thought the after sales service with you would be easier and I even encouraged my friends to do the same ( i ordered theGlock 26 for my friend and it's been working great using the same gas!!)

Your reply is unacceptable.

Edited by Mack Bolan

Curiosity; Why in your reply have you edited the warranty line and highlighted in bold 'CYBERGUN GAS' when it should read 'CYBERGUN SUMMER GAS'?

Secondly; I don't see in your reply that you've expressly stated you used only Cybergun summer gas. The fact you've redacted the word 'Summer' from their own Warranty document in your e-mail and highlighted that in large bold font not only comes across as rude, it also makes me wonder why you wouldn't just politely state all you'd used had been Cybergun SUMMER gas? Were I a retailer, it'd strike me as 'I used the wrong gas but I don't want to admit it'... I really don't think editing their own warranty then shouting it back at them is likely to help your case.

On top of that, your second reply doesn't make a single mention of summer gas and only mentions cybergun gas - You've told them this unknown cybergun gas works fine in all your guns, and you've also pretty much said 'Please repair it for free even though I haven't just come right out and stated the exact brand and type of gas I'm using as I've just been asked.'

Honestly, I feel bad for the fact your Deagle is broken, but that doesn't look at all like FireSupport being unreasonable to me.

• Like 1

Summer...winter...autumn...

A lot of people use Ultrair & Walther gas (which are absolutely not suitable) but as I said I used the gun ONCE with cybergun gas and it's broken!

Moerover I have another Deagle which I've been using for a year every week using Cybergun Extreme Blowback and it's fine.

My friends use the same gas and have had no problems...so no I'm not being rude, I just spent 200€ on a gun which doesn't work. Anybody in my place would feel the same unless he has money to throw away.

If the summer gas is the Extreme Blowback then what is the winter one called duh?

Summer...winter...autumn...

A lot of people use Ultrair & Walther gas (which are absolutely not suitable) but as I said I used the gun ONCE with cybergun gas and it's broken!

Moerover I have another Deagle which I've been using for a year every week using Cybergun Extreme Blowback and it's fine.

My friends use the same gas and have had no problems...so no I'm not being rude, I just spent 200€ on a gun which doesn't work. Anybody in my place would feel the same unless he has money to throw away.

If the summer gas is the Extreme Blowback then what is the winter one called duh?

See I'd be a bit annoyed too, but I still don't think it's fair to blame FS - If you used any gas, other than a tin that has 'CYBERGUN SUMMER GAS' or 'HFC134' on the tin, then you've voided the warranty; Irritating as that might be what with the fact your gun is broken, you've voided the warranty on it. It literally is that simple in the end, and FS are a retailer who need to make the distinction between trying their best to help, and not being walked over. You can't expect free repairs unless you can show solid evidence that the gun DID have a manufacturing defect; Even if you fired a single shot with a Green gas magazine to test it, that's still voiding the warranty.

I've had fantastic service from FS. Quick delivery times, great comms and very helpful and friendly guys! With TM guns I've only ever run green gas or Predator gas. I've just started using very powerful red gas but the ONLY reason i'm using such high compression gas is because of a new metal kit and fully upgraded internals. It sounds like you may of used the wrong gas.

I stick to predator as somehow my 1911 is 300 fps on the stuff!

(built a 10" we 1911 for a mate that fires at 360 on pred :/ whoops)

Anyways, ive never had any issues with firesupport. They even phoned me when i ordered my magpul iphone case to check id ordered the right colour :)

Generic Tapatalk Signature.

• 3 weeks later...

No pictures of the damage?

Sorry Samm I'm not going to bother with that, you won't really see anything; the wider gap between the parts of the slide won't be visible on the pics...the gun's shooting two BBs at a time (one drops on the ground)...and you can feel a slight "bump" on the "gap" side when putting the slide back on the frame!

Ok I used the wrong gas!!! :(

Apart from that I'd still like to say that it is shameful for retailers not to openly tell people that they need to be careful with the type of gas they use depending on what replica they use and the temperatures under which they play!!

I've been doing a lot of research and very few are the sites that warn you and tell you" with MARUI you need Predator 144a the replacement gas for Marui 134a which is recommended, the use of more powerful gases will lead to damage or premature aging of the replica gun!" Below 18/20°c you can use Extreme Blowback, avoid Ultrair, above 20°c use 144a...."

(ehobby tells you that but they still give you the fps on the 22 gas!)

I've only seen one retailer make the link for the adequate gas to be used in the gun! (in France).

I'm a victim of this obvious and widespread "selling to sell",it's like selling a diesel car to someone and telling them they can put whatever they want in it.