I have just written a short review for my new CA33e. Its only a quicky and probably not great as my literacy skills are not ground breaking

The CA33e

Background

The CA33e is Classic Army’s recreation of Hecklar & Koch’s HK33. It is essentially a shorter version of the legendry G3 but in a 5.56 calibre rather than a 7.62 calibre. The model that CA makes is infact the HK33A2 which comes with a solid stock. This rifle has been used in the past by both east and west German police agencies and is currently in use, in its SG1 form, with the metropolitan police, As well as this it is used within the Greek Cypriot Army (* I even saw a few soldiers with them when I went on holiday there earlier this year.) This was also seen to be a landmark for Classic army as it is the first rifle they have developed that has not previously been done be Tokyo Marui.

First Impressions

When I first received the gun it came in its lovely new box with its printed lid, which included a picture of the rifle, and in the background a picture of the German flag. I soon had the box open and was impressed by what I saw. The rifle itself isn’t as big as I first expected but it is still a heft piece. The quality finish on the gun isn’t as high as other guns but it is still nice to look at. Well when I first handled the gun I was shocked by the weight of it, weighing 2.8kg it isn’t exactly light and a sling is definitely a must. The other thing that I was impressed by was its sturdiness. No wobble or creaking as in the TM G3SG1 and I am perfectly happy to pick this rifle up by the barrel, despite its weight. The box also included a nice glossy manual that tells you the basic but isn’t much use for technical details, as the exploded view of the gun contains no annotation. Along with the manual was a cleaning rod and a nicely stamped 330rd hi-cap magazine.

Performance

As soon as I had the battery charged up and a mag loaded I got to shooting it. This is where I noticed my first problem. The mag well is a tight fit for the magazine and awkward to get the mag in first time round (although I have now perfected the technique and see the tightness as a positive factor.) The performance itself is highly impressive. It is very accurate and has a good range (mainly due to it being 328fps out of the box) also if run on a 9.6v battery it has a fantastic rate of fire. After putting about 500 rounds through it I have had no feeding problems and is just as accurate as when I first got it.

Conclusion

All in all this is a very good gun, very sturdy, good power, range and accuracy. I am sure it will with stand the rigours of skirmishing very well. This said there are a few problems. The magazine is awkward to load the first few times and requires a knack to it. Also although G3SG1 bipod can be fitted to it slight bodywork is required due to a block on the barrel being too big. As well as this I noticed that the SEF trigger grouping is a bit vague. This is not a massive problem as it is easy to tell what firing position it is in and it is stiff enough that I am confident it will not be knocked out of palace.

Overall

Looks 7/10 – not a great finish and no trademarks

Performance 9/10 very accurate and powerful

Skirmishability 10/10 very sturdy and perfect for woodland skirmishing.

Value for money 9/10 at £220 I think it is a bargain.