Sniper Pistols

scar527

I am wondering how many of you have ever done games where you used a pistol as you primary sniping weapon. I am wanting to do some sort of "Sniper Pistol"build, with a long eye relief scope of some sort, because this would make it a breeze to stalk with, and i have personally witnessed a GBB TM Hi-capa(upgraded with who knows what) out range my TM m14 shooting at 360 fps. I have not decided on the model/brand of the base gun just yet, as i wanted to hear some feed back from you guys. I know some of you use a TM Mk23NBB, but those are hard to find these days:(. If i can find one, that would be great, but i am also looking for alternatives.Thanks,

Scar

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourite "sniper" pistol was a modified TM MK23, if you find/buy/steal a Gspec barrel it will drop straight into a mk23 and run the full length of the silencer, I used this to great effect a

while back! it's still really quiet, but the FPS jumps from 320 ish (propane, uk summers day) to 420 ish and the range is just awesome, it's a very easy mod the only bit of fitting was I had

to widen the end of the outer barrel a tiny bit (10 second job with an 8mm-?- drill bit) to allow the barrel through.

It was easily out ranging my TM M14, just needed to fit a scope mount really.

And is totally reversible within about 5 minutes.

Jim

As per Gizz's post, myself & 'Wally Squad' of this forum have both played the MK23 sniper pistol game.

Rather than the Marui, the STTI Stealth Assassin is a better base. It's way cheaper & starts with a higher fps. A 303mm g-spec barrel will be shrouded by the stock silencer. A longer silencer will have to be used if you want to make the pistol quiet. MK23 scope rails are an option or you can screw/glue a 20mm rail directly to the top slide.

Try the search function as both of our experiences were well documented here on Arnies.

The KSC USP Match is somewhat of a sniper pistol, straight out of the box. Using Blaster Devil .4's, I managed a confirmed 74m hit last year. I was on green & at 20 C, with .2's the gun chronoed 370fps.

I currently have a Marui FN 5/7 which chronoes 330fps under similar conditions & using Guarder hpm .28's gives 12" groups at 60m. The main limitation, is a lack of scope & keeping it steady when firing. Wayyy too much kick back.

It's always fun at mainstream events, out ranging most aegs with a very slightly modified pistol. ;)

Greg.

That WA runs over $300.00 and its more show then go. The looks have fooled you already.

I had one...not impressed performance wise. Remember its a WA! They are designed for 134a gas.

The easiest and most durable "Sniper Pistol" is a Tanaka 8" revolver with the Pegasus 2 Cylinder.

You can whistle .29 bb death at 360fps with hcfc-122 gas in 85 degree ambient temp out of the box.

30M is good for a GBB.

I too have a KSC M9HW Gen 1 with M93R PDI barrel hidden by a G&G Comp kit.

4715576370_3586ab173e_b.jpg

I can hit 35-40 yards with it too and on certain days 50 yards.

But my Zombie hunter still out ranged it.

Which was this model:

tw_ps_umr8s.jpg

I wish I would not have sold it...I may have to get another Tanaka, now that I am thinking about it again.

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=HFC-RG-HG196LW&search=special&rs=Other%20Rifles&catid=1&cat=21

Ready made carbine for you? Somewhat close to a pistol. Single shot, double action. If the stock FPS isn't enough for you, you can drill out the gas route, and I've heard of the pistol version of this hitting 450fps. The carbine version should easily be able to achieve 500 on green, if not more. I've no idea about the accuracy or if the hop up is adjustabe. But at that price, it might be worth looking at. I'm sure you could make a good gun of it, if anyone can.

As per Gizz's post, myself & 'Wally Squad' of this forum have both played the MK23 sniper pistol game.

Rather than the Marui, the STTI Stealth Assassin is a better base. It's way cheaper & starts with a higher fps. A 303mm g-spec barrel will be shrouded by the stock silencer. A longer silencer will have to be used if you want to make the pistol quiet. MK23 scope rails are an option or you can screw/glue a 20mm rail directly to the top slide.

Try the search function as both of our experiences were well documented here on Arnies.

The KSC USP Match is somewhat of a sniper pistol, straight out of the box. Using Blaster Devil .4's, I managed a confirmed 74m hit last year. I was on green & at 20 C, with .2's the gun chronoed 370fps.

I currently have a Marui FN 5/7 which chronoes 330fps under similar conditions & using Guarder hpm .28's gives 12" groups at 60m. The main limitation, is a lack of scope & keeping it steady when firing. Wayyy too much kick back.

It's always fun at mainstream events, out ranging most aegs with a very slightly modified pistol. ;)

Greg.

jee-sus!

what do you mean, slightly modified? a parts list, or what tweeks you have done will be lovely please :)

i thought my TM sig with a firefly soft rubber and 6.01 pdi barrel was good cos it will repeatedly hit a chest at 45 metres...

i may be changing due to your info though!

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=category&item=HFC-RG-HG196LW&search=special&rs=Other%20Rifles&catid=1&cat=21

Ready made carbine for you? Somewhat close to a pistol. Single shot, double action. If the stock FPS isn't enough for you, you can drill out the gas route, and I've heard of the pistol version of this hitting 450fps. The carbine version should easily be able to achieve 500 on green, if not more. I've no idea about the accuracy or if the hop up is adjustabe. But at that price, it might be worth looking at. I'm sure you could make a good gun of it, if anyone can.

I had one of those carbines and soon replaced it with a MK23. No comparison. The HFC mags leaked and hop was in need of serious modification, to get any kind of accuracy/consistancy. Shame, as I liked the carbine and you can take the stock off with only 1 screw for transport too. I didn't like the trigger much either and its second rate, compared to the MK23 imo.

I think the MK23 is most practical route for your purpose (primary gun) once you fit the new barrel, as many have proven on the field. I've thought about it myself (have a spare G-SPEC barrel) but like the silencers actual effect to be honest (plus transportability).

Good Hunting ;)

jee-sus!

what do you mean, slightly modified? a parts list, or what tweeks you have done will be lovely please :)

i thought my TM sig with a firefly soft rubber and 6.01 pdi barrel was good cos it will repeatedly hit a chest at 45 metres...

i may be changing due to your info though!

It's all been detailed here on Arnies before. But just because I love ya, I'll type it all again. ;)

& as said, the mods are minor, really: Barrels & mag valves. :)

The STTI stealth assassin, unlike the Marui, comes in at about 370fps, out of the box. The silencer that comes with it, isn't actually a silencer, it's a crude barrel extension, taking the total barrel length out to the end of the silencer & raising fps to over 450 (.2/green, 20C) This got me thinking, so I slapped a stock G-spec barrel in it. You have to drill out the end, g-spec style, otherwise, it's a straight swap. I then ripped out the extended inner from the silencer, just to cover the barrel. Also installed lalax mag valves. For a while I (& for a laugh) I ran it with a pro-sniper barrel (430mm) shrouded under a 330x30mm KA light weight silencer. Best combo was a lalax 6.03x303mm g-spec barrel with the KA silencer. Although a little front heavy, it chronoed just shy of 500, gave the same performance as an up graded g-spec but was whisper quiet & semi auto. For best results, I found you had to count to 5 between shots to avoid cool down. The trigger pull on the stti is heavy compared to a Marui but you get used to it. I started with a scope rail mounted directly to the top of the slide & then went for a 'prettier' lalax under barrel pistol scope mount. I tried various hop rubbers but surprisingly, the stock unit was best. Adjusting the hop was a bit of a pain, so fixing it & matching a bb turned out the best answer: Digicons .3's gave 12" groups at 70m. This was off a bench, tbh, the thing is a pig in the field, as the trigger pull is so tough & keeping it steady is a *badgeress*. I think it was 'Wally Squad', who coincidently did exactly the same thing but he put a but stock on his, making it way more usable.

The KSC USP Match, is genuinely out of the box, no changes what so ever, just run on green & hopped for .4's.

I've done a bit of work to the FN, but not as much as you would think: I have a lalax outer barrel, which has been modified (drilled out) to accept a lalax 6.03x112mm Hicap/1911 barrel. Stock is as per glock, 97mm, I think. I've used the lalax purple hop. I don't usually go for that, as it under hops, but it's just good enough to give a nice flat trajectory on full with the guarders, in this particular gun. I have the lalax mag gas routers & I have done the std mag valve modification, where you dremmel out the posts. Thats it. :D The FN is a great base, as it chronos 30-40fps more than the usual marui 270-280 fps(.2's/green 20C), out of the box. It also has inherent accuracy, as the barrel is held flat, on the blow back cycle. However, the blow back cycle is very strong, so you really have to hang onto it. Check out the details folk have posted in the gas pistol review section. It appears that there is a weakness in the stock outer barrel, caused by the strong blowback but mine has not suffered yet.

If an MP7 counts as a pistol it makes a great base, as the stock etc makes for a very stable platform. I'm currently working on a one, using the KSC MP7, which unlike all the other ggbr's is astonishingly accurate & reliable. Edgi 6.00x300mm barrel & cnc rocket valve has taken fps close to 500fps(.2/green, 20C) but I'm afraid most sites don't like the idea of a full auto capable gbb. Especially on a hot day, when fps could sore. :D

Greg.

Anyway. That's awesome. I'm kinda curious about what you mean by fixing the hop. I take it from the context, you've made it a non adjustable unit. So two questions ensue.

1) How so?

2) Did this noticeably improove accuracy?

Sorry, I should have been more specific: Taking the slide off & tweaking the the hop was a pain as I couldn't seem to get it quite right. So I set it to full & tried all the bb's I had. The .3 digis gave best result. :D

ah shucks, greggy-weggy, thanks :wub:

Welcome. ;)

Greg.

I have a standard tm mac10 which I use for this sort of thing its not really a sniper pistol but its damn accurate, seriously quiet and has the same range if not more than alot of aeg's its more of a sneaking weapon than a sniping weapon so getting up close to people and either single shotting or brapping them if theres more than 2. Saying that I have succesfully engaged targets at 50 odd metres with it and its great seeing their faces when they find out your gun only fires 240fps and you out ranged there 300+ fps rof monster aegs.

Sorry, I should have been more specific: Taking the slide off & tweaking the the hop was a pain as I couldn't seem to get it quite right. So I set it to full & tried all the bb's I had. The .3 digis gave best result.

Ahh I see. I've many times considered a SP M40 for the fixed hop up system, which I hear is pretty accurate. Certainly seems to make sense that it should be. So to even think a fixed hop might be avaliable at a nice cheap $120 I was tempted, to say the least.

when it comes to sniper pistols, nothing really beats an 8 inch tanaka revolver. but i have never explicitly tested one next to a TM MK23 with the same barrel type, so they could perform close to the same.

however, im building a WG revolver, utilizing an LRB that was in a WA 2011. hopefully i can make some magic happen when i use the right BB weight and FPS.

the comments about the STTI stealth assassin kind of confuse me. from what i see now is that the STTI stealth assassin turned into the KJW and currently its called the Y&P version. is this the same gun? i heard that the Y&P was inferior to the marui(in build quality and possible performance).

the comments about the STTI stealth assassin kind of confuse me. from what i see now is that the STTI stealth assassin turned into the KJW and currently its called the Y&P version. is this the same gun? i heard that the Y&P was inferior to the marui(in build quality and possible performance).

Not sure what 'label' this product is under now, as I must have got mine over 3 years ago. I have seen them recently for sale at the 'Viking Airsoft' stall at First & Only's 'The Mall' site.

I have an stti & Marui. Re quality, it's hard to say. As said, the trigger pull on the stti is much heavier than the marui, which is nice & smooth. & there is no lamp unit, if that matters. I guess you get what you pay for & the stti is dirt cheap. It's not the best looking replica in the shop, that's fer sher. But, it is a good platform if you want to mess about with a 'sniper pistol'.

I have compared it to the Tannaka 8"ers. The Tans typically chrono just over 400fps, are no where near as accurate & way way louder. Yes, they look loverly but can be temperamental in skirmish conditions. Variations in temperature & exposure to dirt don't do them any favors & reloading under pressure can be a chore. The STTI in comparison, accepts Marui mags, just gets on with it, & costs a fraction of the price.

The Narka is a much better wall hanger but a comparatively week skirmish item.

Greg.

well, ill check into the Y&P for my next pistol project. ill try to get my hands on a marui too in order to see exactly what makes the differences between the 2 pistols.

as of now, i'm pretty sure that the Y&P is this stealth assassin. from what i'm seeing on shops, they are saying that the suppressor has a built in inner barrel. that tells me that they are the same gun.

Archived