Sniper Pistols

scar527

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go through the thread and the forum search, several threads on them. Gisburns post for JD airsoft is the same pistol.

Its a clone of the TM Mk23.

Rough guide, if you want quality and the hard case/lam unit torch/ silencer get the dearer TM MK23.

If you dont want the extras get the Clone and a new hop rubber. Be wary of the barrel extension built into the silencer and green gas on warm days as it ups the FPS. And people don't like being capped close up at 400fps, then again with a barrel change both can get around 500fps.

They share mags which is handy and have the same odd 16mm silencer thread, however trying to run the clone can on the TM may not work if the inner barrels don't align.

The TM is reckoned to have the nicer trigger pull and just overall better quality. The clone is also very good. Being NBB nonblowback the trigger pull cycles the loading nozzle so the pull is heavy. No recoil as no moving slide, rapid fire can induce flyers (trigger snatch), also gas use is excellent, expect to reload bbs several times with one gas fill.

Tempted to get a clone to compare against my TM and try the silencer swap. Both good pistols and many snipers keep them in stock form as a back up. Where i play go over 350fps up to 500fps and you get a 35m MED a stock TM will bag people with ease when dialled in at 40m and further so can be played with ease as a primary weapon.

Didn't the old Mauser Broomhandle come with a stock? Might be worth digging one out for something a bit more unusual.

As for a pistol-type weapon that doubles as a 'proper' sniper weapon, might I suggest an Umarex Ruger Superhawk?

http://www.umarex.com/uxc.php?load=view&item=2.5680&deptid=14

Only 8 shots semi-automatic for those who like a challenge :P Shooting 0.43g BBs it hits around 445fps from what I remember.

Might be a little hot, but some tinkering with the valves should sort that out.

Only problem I can see with it is that you'll need to build a stock from scratch for it.

You can get a HFC Mauser with a stock for about £180 from airsoft world, bit hefty at around 2.6kgs.

Sticking with my superlight stocked TM MK23 :D although i have just been given a DE UMP top receiver, guess what.....MK23 slots inside quite nicely, i feel another tinkering session coming on.

Dagonet.

If you have a search around arnies I think someone has done that before with a G36 receiver, turned out alright I believe.

I have a mini MK23 in the works at the minute, a co2 NBB USP , so I can leave the 300mm barrel in the TM MK23 full time...

Jim

Yep Jim, seen the thread, not sure if linked to it in another post ages ago.

The Star/DE UMP uppers are not interchangeable and it was free :) ( i have a Star UMP )

The Mk23 slots in quite nicely with the threaded muzzle sitting inside where the DE hop unit would be. A conversion appears to be straight forward.

Theres now 3 of us at LAC with TM MK23s, another is looking into somehow grafting an MP5 sliding stock on. I have hinted that we should get together and go hunting one day.

Due to the cold weather now in the UK. About 2,oC today when the sun was up.

MK23 performance was down, i tried using .25 over .28 but the Abbey Ultra was only pushing them to about 20m then they dropped off, easy to hit people sized targets at 25m but a guessing game after that.

I bagged the last can of Green gas, purged the Ultra and refilled. now overhopping .25s, back to the .28s and 40m range again. My TM G17 would manage a few shots then fail to cycle, it's now being tucked away for winter.

Also picked up a second hand Viper modular/molle holster, the one that folds open to wrap around the pistol for a snug fit. It just about takes it without the LAM fitted, a portion of the slide and muzzle stick out the bottom. Can take the pistol with the silencer attached, no other pouches on the holster for mags.

Worked really well, used it most of the day with some Viper single pistol mag pouches which hold MK23 mags with ease.

Maybe impractical... but i found my old price western shoulder holster, found a couple of players today with Revolvers and they are sized as per real 357/38 special N/frames....i fancy a wheelgun again.

First question to the wheelgunners was about FPS in the Win gun CO2 4" barrel. (other player had a KWC python) i have asked 2 players now and both say they run under 300fps and have been chronoed because they are CO2 powered, both have not made any internal changes. Might have a look into TM Pythons, maybe not as playable as a Tanaka but easier to find and a lot cheaper.

Edit.

Found the thread, not as far back as i thought, still taken an hour to find mind, page 3 for a G36MK23

www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/143813-tm-mk23-sniper/ a good read along the lines of whats in this thread.

i have been looking into using a TM python as a sidearm as well. seams as if they are scrimmagable, but they dont have as much care put into them as TMs MK23. they are reported to be ridged and without flex but the true lack of aftermarket parts besides a couple discontinued high flow valves and a suppressor adapter bothers me. the one other flaw that has me thinking about tanakas again is the reported lack of an airseal between the shell and chamber.

with the addition of a better seal in that area and a flat hop mod, these thing can be really accurate, but they are also only a pound and a half in weight even though they have weights everywhere in the gun. if someone had made a metal kit for the gun at any point in time, i would buy one for sure. but i have to think about it some more.

it will be used as a seccondary to my shotgun with a tritary pistol being a tompson contender replica (which is going to be my real sniper pistol)

i had a 4 inch win gun revolver (its in pieces now). it chronoed at 400-450 FPS.

One big problem with the TM revolvers is that they don't have much power to them. Even with green gas they'll barely do 280fps. Much of it is from the fact that the gas has to travel a long ways from the chamber to the bb being propelled and also has to pass through the remaining bbs still in the chamber. They're accurate but just don't fly out very far.

Win Guns are metal bladerider, beyond that expect to pay a lot of money. There are/where aftermarket Zeke kits for other makes but i belive these are really rare to find nowdays.

As the others have pointed out revolvers have many flaws in the gas system and CO2 have for most of us unplayable FPS.

Most of the info i found is the same as renegadecow & horsem4n views. With Mauri re releasing it's revolver range next year......i am hoping, that maybe they will have improved.

As a rough guide, as per Renegadecow, the gas has a long way to travel. The gas seals aren't up to par and prone to leaking when used with hi-power gas on warm days. They can be worked on, the valve can be hi flowed, seals can be replaced but you will have to do that yourself, i found a guide on ASF with some blurry pictures of the trigger/gas mech.

A labour of love.

Did see a black 4" TM python in action a few months back, fired fast enough and with useable range and quiet. Win Guns confuse me, all info points to high FPS, 370fps for the 2.5" and 470fps for the 8". But the two i have seen in game are 4" and under 300fps and unmodified ? lemons perhaps ? aware of the mods to hammer spring and restricting gas flow to bring FPS down.

I was thinking more of a winter gun as it would be holstered under my jacket, and i already have the holster :) not so practical for primary use and any upgrades are going to be creative than clicking a buy button online, scope rails are out there, might be some silencer adapters floating about too for TMs.

In the UK Tanakas are hard to find and not cheap, TM are cheaper all round and easy to get, Win Guns are even cheaper and easy to find but high FPS.

Then again could get the cheap STTI Mk23 to compare with the TM.

I thought win guns where a hw plastic/metal mix bit like WA uses. ######! There was one on another forum a few months back and i never bothered with it as i thought it was plastic :/ The stupidly high fps is a bit suckie or the TM side of the coin which is poor fps. Joy huh!

I would spend money on a kit for a GBB mainly for feel and the nicer sound, but for a revolver neeeh not so much! Was only after one for the novelty factor more than anything tbh ;)

Any word on what the TM range will be or is it still unknown? Most likely be fantastic plastic either way. Do they not realise people will mostly go for a metal pistol before plastic, look how well the ksc/kwa glock and usp range has done with metal slides and a half decent gas system.

I'm sh*t at maths but the following formula applies

[Happy customers + Better guns] x [More sales + More customers] - [small amount of metal] = Profit ª

ª being preportionate to how good your stuff is dam it :D

Mauri are only interested in the Japan home market, all guns are made to conform to Japans strict laws, it would appear they care little for the outside world international market.

The upcoming releases have been in the news sections on most forums. They cut the revolver range years ago due to low sales, now will the re-release just be the old range dusted off (very likely) or will they have improved things (very unlikely) but expect some smith&wesson .44 action.

(i may be wrong...i thought Win Guns where metal, anyone know for sure ? )

my wingun 4inch is metal, shes on my lap as we speak. I know a way to mod it safely and am sending it there after xmas. swindon airsoft can get the power down safely.

My bloke is gonna use it as the sidearm for a ridiculus shotgun loadout that has beeen dubbed "the great white hunter" so big stupid scoped revolver is perfec. on that note scope advice would rock.

Try www.jsramsbottom.com in the uk, look back to page 5, post 88 i think, me and mudpuppy looked into them, proper pistol/air-pistol scope low mag and about £30.

After popping another Panorama red dot ( dropped about 15" screen split dead centre) i might well look into something more durable. My first one came in a trade with a split screen but thats still useable. Lighter than my tube red dot but not up to taking knocks :(

Been lurking in the shed today.

Sniper pistol carbine MK3.

I got given a DE UMP upper, it's not compatible with my Star UMP, so i have gutted the outer barrel, battery shelf and the cocking handle ejection plate mech, the front sight had to come off to get the cocking mech out, with some mods the cocking mech might fit and work in the Star, the sights need modding, and the rails need modding.

Anyway... the hop unit/barrel interface has been bored out to accept the 16mm muzzle of a MK23, the UMP upper will need to be pinched to hold the pistol in place, and a simple stock fitted (lump of wood sticking out the back )

I reckon a laser unit can be intergrated into the empty cocking handle tube/section. An adjustable stock could be made but i lack the equipment to do so, keep it simple.

The Silencer is home made and is the off cut from the one already fitted (and working damn well on sundays game) on the Star UMP.

Yes it is carbon fibre, from Pace industries (salvaged from a crash damaged product )

Gutted the upper is quite light and useable as a pistol as is. With the silencer intergrated already, this should be quick to remove or install the pistol and would be better at Urban sites.

The MK2 stock is the MK1 with an MP5 butt piece in place of a T-bar, this is smaller lighter and less prone to snagging than MK1 but any sights are attached to the slide rail. The MK2 is more pistol like.

The MK3 is maybe going more into carbine than pistol as it's more solid. More of an Urban VSR but faster firing :)

Archived