Sniper Pistols

scar527

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Low magnification because higher just makes aiming all the more difficult (shaky) unless you're using shooting sticks. And the right length eye relief to get the best picture. Not all long eye relief scopes are made the same, some 10", some 14". So best to hold the gun out in the stance you're comfortable and measure the length. If you get something like a 14" and you find that your reach is shorter you'll likely have tunnel vision (black edges when your head tilts a little). The other way around, have a 10" eye relief but have longer arms, your picture will be cropped a bit unless you bring the scope closer but is harder on the elbows.

It's easier if you recruit someone to be your helper with a tape measure. Assume your normal shooting stance. Have the other person, as stated, measure the distance between your dominant eyeball to where the back end of the 'scope would sit on top of your pistol. This is your eye relief distance. Find a scope that has an eye relief range in which this figure falls. There are pistol scopes with ~14" eye relief, but they tend to be on the pricier end of the range.

This review says eye relief is 12".

http://www.gunmart.net/accessories_review/smk_airgun_scopes/

Those don't come with rings though so remember to buy them separately. To gauge things without having to measure your actual eye relief, you could compare height. I'm 5'8" tall and I find the 10" eye relief on my Nc Star a hair short. I imagine the 14" would be best for giants like Darklite.

Home made bucket shoulder holster if it's not being used as primary to keep it tucked out of the way, or hip if you prefer.

Don't have photos.

You can buy a real holster, www.pwluk.com/ they will make a custom one but it may well cost more than the airsoft gun, others may crop up on the internet.

Or.....

Get an old camping foam mat and a few rolls of poundshop duck tape and go blue peter style. I had to make some mag pouches for my MK23 mags this way.

Get your scoped up wheelgun, lay it on a section of foam mat and draw round it. Mirror image this then cut it out.

Now fold it round your gun and get busy with the duck tape.

Don't forget to intergrate some hanging loops somehow.

A ghetto fix for a few pounds, not so pretty but workable.

Sure theres a picture back in the thread of my MK23 mag pouch in fetching black tape and blue foam.

If i get a revolver it wont be scoped, but i got a pricewestern rig 25 years ago :) they weren't exactly cheap then, it's a shame not to use the handcrafted thing of beauty.

Or if your creative, an old welly or leather boot will also cut up and sew up rather nicely as well.

The pistols are used for long range bench shooting or hunting and are a niche element in handgunning..... lets hunt Grizzlys with .50 revolvers :fear2:

Edit

page 3 post 58 my ghetto mag pouch is there.

Have you checked out the Revolver picture thread ? plenty of action going on there, page 70 has a scoped up Wingun :)

If your man is happy with the Uncle Mikes you have now, may as well get him the scoped version. You'd find scoped revolver holsters to be a bandolier type with barrels excess of 6". This is because hanging a very heavy (real steel) and ungainly weapon on your belt is an easy way to lose your pants.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncle-Mike-Scoped-Bandolier-Holster-RH-Camo-8-5-LG-Revolver-9404-6-43699940462-/380395031748?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58914f8cc4#ht_1741wt_914

Drop some padding in to stop the pistol being lost in there, or just do some sewing.

Set the pistol where you want it to sit in the holster, then just sew around it for a more secure fit.

I bought a G-tac MK23 holster, it will hold a MK23 with the LAM unit attached, has 2xmag pouches and 1xsilencer pouch. It's a drop leg holster but it really dosen't work, too flappy when running/walking, i use it on the hip and have tried to shoulder rig it.

The mag pouches where too big and needed some man-sewing to get a tighter fit, the silencer pouch needs tweeking as well. This made the whole setup feel more secure as things couldn't move in there pouch

If at a later date you got an even bigger revolver, then just unpick the sewing and refit again. It's the attention to detail for fitting to your style of use. The uncle mikes holster is what i was thinking of with the "bucket holster" comment.

You might find a local to you saddlery/leather worker they might knock up a simple copy as the overall design is basic. Custom job with out the custom price :)

Seems how everybody here appears to know their sh*t and without starting another thread : Can you short stroke a usp trigger to get a better if not hair pull?? Tried searching here and google but only find peeps complaining about it :(

Pull on the usp trigger and you finger goes through 4 time zones :) understandable when in double action but its still v poor in single.

1911 fanboy so the usp feels a bit poo in comparison!!

Bladerider, thats more of a general technical question for Just handguns. Yes this thread is maybe a bit out of place here in sniping haven but the bulk of it is more about pistol sniping and less people look over here as we are a bit out there :)

There have been questions asked before, they are here somewhere..... won't be posting piccys as i use the forum attachments and limited space.

I read a topic on limiting the trigger pull of a G17. This could be done by putting a small self tapping screw through the trigger to sear linkage, use the screw to set travel and glue in position, done wrong it will interfere with the mag and of course weaken the sear linkage.

I glued a small pad inside the frame to limit the return of the trigger linkage. This is fixed and requires a few trys to get right. I removed the dead pull on my TM G17, but the trigger safety still just engages, i could remove the safety bar and short stroke more, but like the safety function.

Not sure how you would go about setting a double action trigger without affecting the double action pull. Single action triggers easy peasy. I would assume to get a short pull you will have to disable the double action pull and thus render a main feature of the pistol useless.

Try ASF or trawling round some real IPSC forums, if they can do it to real pistols then it should be doable to airsoft. The IPSC revolver class have got trigger pull down to very lightweights, some had to detune there triggers as they where operating way too fast. But thats working with high grade materials and not the pot metal that airsoft uses.

paranoiddroid :)

i don't know who you are.... but i get a mental image of you and punkypink hunting down men with big scoped up Win-guns, that concept may scare a large portion of male users.

General chatter i belive punkypink has in the past modded a hop unit into a WG, she has also just returned to the forum after a very long break.

Archived