Sniper Pistols

scar527

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did look at the real FAB Kapos ages ago, strangely available here in the UK from ukmcpro, quite like it, then it got cloned by airsoft :D i like the airsoft pricing better.

Just going with the urge to finish off a combat racegun and run wild with it, as it's just way to much fun.

Did look at real FAB Makos at ukmcpro, nice, cheap too £25+£4.50 postage, but again unsure if a real one will fit a TM.

As is, one of these did not quite fit on the accessory rail of a TM 4.3. A couple of minutes' work with a file, on the > < shaped bits on the mount that slide in to the left and right grooves, and it fitted like a champ.

Thanks mimesis, i am expecting work like yours and senorbear to fit the frame, hopefully depending on the post service i will be fitting on friday.

What put me off aimtech is the trigger bar and grip pin fitting, they fit KWAs i think ? it has been done in the first Glock picture thread, as i belive they are identical to real Glock size, same issue with the Mako, it use's the trigger bar for fittment.

I don't know if TM is the correct dimensions for grip pin/trigger bar size and placement, so had to rule them out on grounds a very high chance they won't fit TM, so i know some work will be needed but it should fit :) and then be used to hunt down COD kids on sunday

All I can say is, in hindsight, I should have chosen the Glock 17 over the 18c for the carbine build .

Have had two parts (54 & 55) break in the 18c hammer unit and it has only had a fraction of the number of rounds put through it compared to the 17, never had anything break in that hammer unit.

No scope mount yet, on back order....just as well sundays game didn't go to well. It would appear that Guarder .28s really don't take to being loaded via a speed loader through the feed lips. The first 200rds where fab, good ranges, that was handloaded trickled in the feed slot. after speedloading they where all marked and dirty and just hung up in all 6 mags so firing blanks most of the time.

Did pick up a tub of zeroone .30x1200 for £5 at the game so will give them a whirl at a later date, i think i will be going back to .28 Devil blasters, but will try the Guarders again but only trickle feed the mags. Really mixed results with them. When they feed they do the business.

A day of FTFs and slide malfs due to hung up BBs got on my nerves and got me shot a bit more than usual, still the 40m range did make me smile until the first hand load ran out.

Stippled a Glock as well, yep converted, doing the other one, it does make a big difference, well worth the £6 soldering iron to try it out :)

Built for this exact purpose. TM VSR-Capa

2010-12-28_19-24-18_152.jpg

2010-12-28_19-24-30_346.jpg

2010-12-28_19-25-00_257.jpg

2010-12-28_19-24-48_708.jpg

Base: TM Hi-Capa

Barrel: Laylax cut to ~250mm

Bucking: Nineball

Shoots about 480 fps w/ 0.20g

I removed the rear sight and installed a cocking handle making it easier to cock the slide in combat.

What i tend to do is park in cover near the rear of the field and start picking targets from there. Accuracy is pretty damn good, being able to pick off targets at about 180' with 0.30g bbs.

Bladeofdeath3 Nice Vsr-Cappa, seen that before elsewhere (or one like it ) guess it's a 6.03 inner being laylax. Did you have to re-cut the hop fitment slots ?

I would not be allowed to play that where i am, gas powered semi over 400fps=no chance.

I always get the urge when i bag a long shot to stand up and wave the pistol at them, makes me smile.

Must do another of the MK23 as the scope mount has moved (no Glock mount yet) also got another local to me fixing up a Ruger for scoped play, hopefully bump into him at a game, go hunting and get a photo of it.

The 250 sits nicely right at the end of the mock silencer. There was an issue when I first got the gun with the barrel being slightly off center. Just took it back into the shop and they corrected it immediately.

I've experimented with a spare VSR barrel and my TM P226. While there were some fitment issues, I didn't have to modify anything to get the barrel to fit. I simply had to adjust the way the barrel sat in the hop up unit. I fired off some shots and the gun worked. It was fairly accurate at about 30 ft, but the bb's seemed kinda slow (0.20g). Maybe there were some compression issues since the barrel was sitting a little more forward than normal. For the VSR-Capa, the shop did the works so I don't know if they did any sort of modifications to the inner barrel. I haven't opened the gun up since it performs well and I don't want to mess with it. I've seen a couple of the MK23 snipers where I play since that was the first models the shop worked on for sniper pistols. I think they were running MP5k length barrels in those guns. Also, I think they've moved to G23s if that's any help.

As for field limits, I play in the US, so our fps limits can run on the higher side. It's unfortunate that your field limit is 400 for this type of weapon, but i'm sure if you ran a shorter barrel you could keep it under 400. I ran a socomgear 1911 assassin (~235mm) and it was chronoing at a little under 400 fps on green gas. The shop probably did some other internal upgrades to make it shoot harder.

I reckon the shop recut the barrel to fit the hop unit then, i could do a barrel swap with my TM G17 and MK23 but couldn't get it to fit with a hop rubber in place.

Did recut an AEG barrel, not to hard with a dremel, did go to deep, first test was 280fps, taped over the hole i made and jumped to 330fps, on a 197mm 6.08 brass barrel, so going to try that again and just cut back to get to my site level.

Taken some quick photos. I have moved my rail from the front of the slide to the rear, this has improved the sight picture when using just iron sights.

Also the balance is much better now when using a scope.

Got the scales out as well.

Panorama red dot with battery = 113grams

Walther Top point red dot with battery = 193grams

Leaning to the Walther as it's a nicer balance point for me (and a stronger sight)

post-65039-0-56964100-1334597423_thumb.jpg

post-65039-0-61650100-1334597454_thumb.jpg

post-65039-0-56964100-1334597423_thumb.jpg

post-65039-0-61650100-1334597454_thumb.jpg

*snip* after speedloading they where all marked and dirty and just hung up in all 6 mags so firing blanks most of the time.*snip*

I had this problem a LOT with the Guarder .28s.

Solved it by taking the mag apart in order to access the the area where the bbs stack up and running some kitchen roll through it with autosol polish using a cleaning rod.

Do this until a noticeable amount of the powder coating has been removed from the area the bbs contact on the way up. You may need to do several runs of this, but it is worth it to get the Guarders feeding, as they are awesome.

Glad it's not just me then, and i do clean the feed track every so often but never leave it wet with lube.

Just struck me as odd i only get it when i use the speed loader through the feed lips, never thought to get in and polish the tracks.

I think i now have a use for all those polishing mops that came with my dremel, thats a future job to do then, just as well Glock mags are easy to take apart :) thanks for the tip Senorbear

The 250 sits nicely right at the end of the mock silencer. There was an issue when I first got the gun with the barrel being slightly off center. Just took it back into the shop and they corrected it immediately.

I've experimented with a spare VSR barrel and my TM P226. While there were some fitment issues, I didn't have to modify anything to get the barrel to fit. I simply had to adjust the way the barrel sat in the hop up unit. I fired off some shots and the gun worked. It was fairly accurate at about 30 ft, but the bb's seemed kinda slow (0.20g). Maybe there were some compression issues since the barrel was sitting a little more forward than normal. For the VSR-Capa, the shop did the works so I don't know if they did any sort of modifications to the inner barrel. I haven't opened the gun up since it performs well and I don't want to mess with it. I've seen a couple of the MK23 snipers where I play since that was the first models the shop worked on for sniper pistols. I think they were running MP5k length barrels in those guns. Also, I think they've moved to G23s if that's any help.

As for field limits, I play in the US, so our fps limits can run on the higher side. It's unfortunate that your field limit is 400 for this type of weapon, but i'm sure if you ran a shorter barrel you could keep it under 400. I ran a socomgear 1911 assassin (~235mm) and it was chronoing at a little under 400 fps on green gas. The shop probably did some other internal upgrades to make it shoot harder.

That's a nice Hi-capa! What model is that silencer and how heavy is it? I'm using the assassin kit with a Tercel M1911 and I am planning to run a 120mm Spartan Doctrine or Action mock silencer. I'm hoping that at 50-65g, it won't cause any severe cycling problems.

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p17314/Spartan-Doctrine-120mm-US-Army-Aluminum-Alloy-Silencer-(DE)/product_info.html

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/action-s-t-simth-silencer-120mm-14mm-ccw.html

I'm like to finish out the upgrades with the REAPS bucking if it works, and an element dyna piston head for better efficiency. Hopefully with all this in, it won't exceed 400 FPS (which is my local field's limits).

It's a KM Head lightweight silencer. I think it's length is 235mm. It's very light and doesn't affect the cycling. I was looking at the REAPs system, but since i can already hit out to 60m no problem I doubt that I would get much better performance than I currently have. If you wanna stay under 400, you can't extend the barrel too long as it will directly effect your fps.

Blade of death, curious to your point of aim at that range.

I got my 112.5mmx6.03 nineball barrel and purple hop dialled in for 40m with Guarder .28s, 3/4 hop on, it shoots flat to point of aim at 40m.

Using a upper body shape target, after 40m my bb's drop, limit of set up and cold day. At 45m if i aim for top of the head i get a centre mass hit with a fair hit rate. At 50m i was holding over above the target, i scored a few hits, but not really effective, this was on the normal TM G17 iron sights, so not too precise at that range as the pistol blocks view of the target, so it's more guess work for a point of aim.

Switching to the red dot sights, for an improved sight picture and aiming point. At range on the Irons i can't track the flight of the bb as the pistol blocks the picture.

Curious to where you have your point of aim dialled into, most effective range ? then holdover for long shots, or have you set up for max range and hold under for closer shots.

After playing around i am sticking with the simple dot over the cross/dot, circle/dot, cross/circle/dot (although circle/dot is quite good) when the Glock mount turns up....the Walther top point is going on and being set for effective range, the point where the BB's start to drop. The Panorama dot sight is now staying on the MK23 (as per photos a few posts back), main sighting issue i have with the MK23 is at range the silencer blocks the sight picture and tracking flight of the BB.

Hopefully as things warm up i can range to 40-50m, before i started looking into all this getting beyond 30m was hard work :rolleyes:

The point of aim obviously changes from situation to situation. I think my hop up is turned up to ~50-60%. You need to remember that there is a height over bore for your pistol and my pistol will be different. I usually put the dot on the head or at the top of the head to make center mass shots. Mind you, my gun was tuned for about 60m by the shop so I don't know if they made any other tweaks to achieve this. The tech who did the work told me that at about 60m, to put the dot on the opponents head and that would give me a center mass shot. I'm assuming he did the tuning at in the range they have, meaning no wind and level (no elevation difference) targets. As for engaging targets which are closer, farther, or at different elevations, it comes with experience. Obviously shooting at farther targets means you put the dot higher and shooting at closer ones means that your dot placement can be a little lax. As for maximum range, I think with the hop up set to where it is, I can touch out to about 230 feet. However, I find it very impractical to engage at that range considering the dot is considerably larger compared to my target's head. I think that my max effective range is about 200'.

As for the reticle, it's entirely up to you. I found that for me, the simple dot works best, but it's all preference. If you find the circle/dot works for you, go for it. Hell, I know a guy who likes to use 2.5x scopes on a similar pistol and he's very good with it.

All good info, so from that i guess your dialled in to shoot flat to about 55m and the holdover point on the head brings it to 60m.

Curious as to range and aiming points so trying to roughly gauge a comparison, my set up gives 40m flat shooting, then holdover on the head to 45m, and thats in the cold running around 290fps .20 so i should be able to get to 50m with a degree of effectiveness when it warms up a bit over here.

Not the best way to guess things i know, but i don't have access to long range test outside of game days.

Thanks for the input. :)

• 3 weeks later...

At last catching up with things.

The FAB Defense USM turned up and fits without modifications to TM G17 frames. I have 2 frames snug fit but slides on with hand pressure, no file work needed at all.

As you would expect for a real bit of kit, quality is excellent.

I will be sticking with the top point sight on the Glock.......holstering needs some thinking about :)

Senor Bear, took your tip and polished the feed tracks on all 6 mags.

TM mags the black finish comes off real easy, which is why i noticed black on BB's

Army mag has thicker more paint like finish, took some work.

Both mags have imperfections in the metal in the feed track, this may also be a factor in BB's hanging up in the track.

Instant difference to be felt when rebuilding the mags, the follower is much much smoother. A messy job but so far it appears very worth while doing.

Hopefully gaming on saturday, so will give it a damn good shoot out and dial in the red dot.

Archived