Sniper Pistols

scar527

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Epic, nice mount too :)

Played mine today.

Got hold of green gas at last which helped things.

One last go with the Guarder .28s as i have a bag left, most likely go through an AEG now to use them up. Even after polishing the feed tracks on 6 mags they still hung up in the track. Swapped to club BB's no issue, then Blaster Devil .28's no issue, me and Guarder .28s are done, could be i have an off batch or off bag, i will try the other bag then go back to Blasters.

Scoped up pistols generate a lot of interest from other players (as i found out) still with faffing about with BB's i was getting 40m+ shots and hits, i would say maybe out to 50 but can't back up that claim.

The sight picture enhancement from using a Red Dot sight is fantastic, you see the whole picture, can track BB flight better, things that got awkward on iron sights the further out you go.

The places you can hide, cover you can use, really stay low to the ground makes you real hard to spot, picking out a shoulder/head sticking round a tree over 40m away and then nailing it.

I had immense fun.

Best results, only use 1 pistol forget dual (unless in a real sticky moment) i ran with 6 mags, speed loader, gas bottle, Mk23 with 1 mag as back up (never used it), i ran loaded with a spare mag in hand ready for a change, the slide lock was still working, not short stroked, i can hold a spare mag and still work a dual hand grip. Game play today was on a paintball site so bordering on speedball at times, bit fast and hi-cap furious, ran the AEG flat first then went and got stuck in Pistol only, bit of medicing and overwatch, but also lots of get in there and lace them up.

The FAB USM mount is quality, it got bashed about, dropped a few times, solid bit of gear. To carry it around (will do a photo much later) i used a normal Viper wraparound right hand belt/molle holster. With some adjustments you put the pistol in backwards, the thumbreak can be adjusted to take this and hold the pistol secure, if this makes sense....pistol in backwards, where the trigger guard should be when holstered the right way round is where the scope sits.

Might be a month before i play again, be even warmer then, be more fun, the look of surprise when you cap 3 opfors at range then wave a pistol at them, brilliant.

Epic, nice mount too :)

It's a Tasco Pro-Class 4x30 EER pistol scope, made quite a number of years ago in the custom shop in Japan when Tasco was still a quality company and not just a name to be bought and slapped on whatever. It also has an adjustable objective which makes it, in theory, particularly good for airsoft ranges.

When I bought it on ebay it didn't look so, errr, big and long as it is in real life. Tasco also makes a 2x in the same "family" which I reckon could be a winner.

Having been inspired by this thread I set off on a Sniper Pistol project.

Cue finding a TM MK23 in good nick and a longer barrel. I now have a laylax 6.03 G-Spec barrel in it. With the hop sealed onto the barrel and propane it is now hitting 440fps. Local sites allow it with 30m MED and sensible use.

First run was yesterday. Had great success, using the same tactics as a good bolty sniper would resulted in very few deaths (multiple team kills) and a whole heap of stealthy kills.

I have modified the hop arm slightly. Using the sleeve from some 16AWG silicone wire cut in half and mounted under the hop prongs. It will now overhop .3g BB's on the lowest setting (BB's going upwards after 40m). .4's are still too heavy, even on full hop up it has a max effective range of 35m before dropping (though the shots are perfectly straight).

.36's seem to work well on 3/4 hop, however I cannot see them past 20m in woodland. Does anybody produce a light/white/tan .36 (or similar) BB?

Has anybody had success finding a mount for a scope for the MK23's? I read a couple of places saying full size USP mounts work and other sites contradicting this. I want to mount a 2x to 4x pistol scope on it

After the fun of stealth and precision shooting with this, I am going to get myself another VSR (hooray for money pits).

Wow, what a thread. I just spent the last few hours adding the whole thing. This is exactly what I was looking for.

I was wondering about doing some sort of summary. As far as I can tell the best pistols for a sniper pistol are:

TM Mk23 NBB

TM G17

TM Desert Eagle

TM 5/7

KJW Mk1 NBB

Maruzen M93R

Maruzen P99

Did I miss any?

Someone mentioned a the Walther SG9000, which looks interesting, but there was no follow up. Anyone care to comment on their experience? The TM PX4 Storm also looks promising.

How about a quick survey of your favorite hardware, in point form for easy access:

Pistol, scope, rail/carbine kit, barrel, hopup and bucking, BBs

Glad to hear the polishing helped (well, a little :P). Up until my recent batch of Guarder .28s, they have run flawlessly, but I have a couple of new bags and they seem to be getting stuck a lot more often. Don't know if they are slightly smaller or what, but they tend to get pushed up two at a time, rather than nicely double stacking.

Solved this with my long mags by using some dry silicone compound spray, yet to try with the short mags.

Also, if anyone else happens to lose their mounting screw for the FAB USM, it is a standard M5 size - just replaced mine after losing original.

Best pistols for a sniper pistol

Non Blowback:

TM Mk23 NBB

Maruzen P99 NBB

KJW Mk1 NBB

CZ75D compact NBB

Blowback:

TM G17

TM Desert Eagle

TM 5/7

TM 1911

Maruzen M93R

Digicon Straight Custom

Digicon Target T/C Contender.

Revolver:

Tanaka S&W .500

Marushin Super Blackhawk

Barrel:

10" 6.02mm tightbore

Rails/carbine conversion kit:

Hopup and bucking:

BBs:

Any more suggestions are welcome.

Kenworth W900,

My Mk23 doesn't rattle with a chambered BB, i have a purple nineball fitted.

Whats fitted to yours ?

On zero or low hop settings the BB's can just roll out or rattle on mine. Maybe a worn rubber ? a strip, check and rebuild, if the pistol is shooting at expected FPS with good accuracy anyway then maybe a quirk of your pistol.

Senor Bear,

Guarder .28s, yeah did wonder if maybe i had an off batch/bag, haven't tried my second bag yet, but as yours the BB's tend to jam when the track goes from double to single feed. I haven't found any real issues, finish is maybe a touch dull, not so polished as over brands, could also be as you say slightly undersized ? They also jam my UMP midcaps as well. Have got a pot of zero-one .30s to play with as well :)

MK23 scope mounts, i will take some close up photos of my reworked grafted on 20mm rail later. I did look at the USP 20mm adaptors as they are cheap, but unsure if they will fit. When i looked the nineball mount is discontinued and wasn't cheap and in 2 seperate parts, i can get the top rail but not the important lower base mount, was looking around £60 "if" i could get it. Real MK23 mounts from the USA cropped up for $80 unsure if this is available to the UK.

Just disabled my TM P226 from cycling and installed a cut down Bar10 barrel, 12 inches long. Considering taking it down to 10 inches to make it a little easier to cover with a silencer and to boost the power a bit.

Firing at around 400 currently, based on the poor mans chrono. Extremely accurate and quiet so far but it's hard to aim with the longer barrel using the sights, does anyone know where I can get hold of a scope mount for a P226? Can't seem to find one anywhere....

Cheers

Presuming that this is the TM P226R with the accessory, SIG Sauer themselves make an (expensive) scope mount that fits on it. Similar but less expensive is the FAB mount--just look back through the last few pages of this thread. The cheaper ones you find on ebay and Amazon are not worth bothering with.

Presuming that this is the TM P226R with the accessory, SIG Sauer themselves make an (expensive) scope mount that fits on it. Similar but less expensive is the FAB mount--just look back through the last few pages of this thread. The cheaper ones you find on ebay and Amazon are not worth bothering with.

Brilliant, cheers.

Corkie

Post 237 a few pages back has some photos of two red dots mounted. This is a close up of the rail.

TM Mk23. Look close and you can see the pin holes from where the rail was mounted first (photos back further in this thread).

I first mounted the rail forward as this was the easy option, but not so practical and i didn't like the balance point.

Setting the rail rearwards is more complicated, this involved reworking the underside of the rail to mate up against the profile of slide and inmoulded sight.

Hotmelt glue the rail in position and then drill through and pin from underneath, this will involve some cutting and file work of the gas router for pin head clearance.

The rail has had heavy work to allow the use of open sights, it was a bit of normal 20mm rail before.

Archived