Sniper Pistols

scar527

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using the Panorama red dot at 113grams, the Walther top point 193grams is on a FAB mount on the Glock.

No issues to report so far on strength. I have dropped the pistol a few times in it's life with no damage.

If i had one i would try a lighter mini red dot.

If i was using a scope, i would have concern over the extra weight and length (leverage when you drop it) and would prefer a proper mount, now i have played around, if i was going to do it again i would run a full length rail on top of the slide, glued and pinned, that would work with a heavy scope and make the slide way more stronger than stock and be cheaper than a real mount.

For small light weight red dots i am happy with what i have done :)

Still needs a bit of work to fully blend in the extension:

DSC030392.jpg

Standard TM hardkick internals besides a 12" tightbore to take advantage of the 15" barrel. Chucks .4s effectively out to about 65 feet and whilst I still had a few threw .3s out to a good 80 feet or so. Brilliant accuracy, helped by the increased sight radius. Although I sometimes wish it was an NBB since the huge kick stops quick accurate follow up shots altogether.

Thinking about taking advantage of the integrated scope mount rail and putting a pistol scope on there, a huge chrome one :P

In what pistol/set up Fed ?

Longer barrels work better in NBB pistols or blowbacks where the barrel is fixed like Kenwoods frankenDeagle.

Trying to run a longer barrel in my Glock may cause cycle issues as the barrel tilts and adding extra weight can cause the slide to stick.

Also factor in what gas you have available and your game site FPS limits.

I have (at long last) found a stock JG G-spec vsr barrel, so 303mm up from 132.5mm stock on my MK23, this will still sit within the silencer, but i may have to trim back a touch for noise reduction and FPS limits.

There is no set "best general length" it depends on what you have and what your limits are. Quite a few run up to 12" but a very well set up 5-6" barrel with good hop rubber, quality BB's and very looked after on cleaning and lube pistol will reach out quite a long way.

It is an ASG CZ75P07 NBB CO2 pistol.

I found a silencer for the gun specifically, but in the US:

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=37517

http://www.evike.com/images/large/ms-wg-mod-b-4.jpg

It includes a barrel extension. What do you think of those? I would guess a barrel replacement would be better, but would the extension be good enough? Considering it is a NBB, changing the barrel is a bit more challenging. Also, I think ASG is non standard, so finding an extended replacement barrel may be difficult, if not impossible.

I am looking for increase in accuracy not necessarily FPS. I am using it for indoor target practice only. No field use at all.

Thanks for your help.

Interesting FED, only ever seen the ASG/STTI clone of a MK23 with a barrel extension.

If your good with your hands and can get hold of an old brass inner barrel, then they can be recut to fit what you have, file/hacksaw/dremel tried it myself with ok results apart from cutting too deep and making a hole (gas leak) so been looking to aquire a drop fit barrel.

For your intended use and less hassle and cheap.

Strip down the pistol, remove the barrel, i assume it's brass, and polish the daylights out of it, on rebuilding do a wrap of PTFE tape round the end of the hoprubber, make a good seal. Or be carefull and clean the barrel with out the strip down.

Try some other BB's, try some .25 or .28 or .30 that will tighten up groupings. Sometimes a good barrel clean will improve things and is free :)

Thank you for your suggestions

I am using 0.30 BBs.

I regularly push a 1/2"x1/2" piece of cleaning cloth into the barrel using a thin shish kebab stick, (he nonpointed end) and then shoot it out the barrel. I repeat that until it comes out clean.

I am currently using a scope, Bushell 1-4x32. It has taken a while, but I have finally aligned scope.

My groupings are actually pretty good. I get occasional stray shots, that are off target by a foot or more, from a 15 foot distance.

I have decided to buy the barrel extension in the silencer. We'll see if it arrives. I live in Canada, and have ordered it from the US. I like the idea of a removable barrel extension, especially one that can be used with other ASG pistols.

I was just wondering if the barrel extension would help the stray shots, as well as the grouping of the shots as they are now. Do you think that the break between the current barrel and the barrel extension would cause problems, nullifying the benefit of the barrel extension?

post-80513-13392813748431_thumb.jpg

post-80513-13392813748431_thumb.jpg

Stray shots can be caused by many things, we can rule out a dirty barrel.

It could be flawed BB's, rough or damaged surface, or internal air bubble causing an off balance spin. I get random flyers from time to time as well.

Some go to the extent of sorting and checking BB's, surface check is easiest, but then batch sort them for weight and size. Also a common practice in match target shooting with air guns. A longer tighter barrel will not correct the flight of a duff flawed off balance BB.

Gas can produce odd results due to the variable nature of pressure spikes and cooldown (why most prefer a spring powered rifle, more accurate/consistant)

There are a lot of clone Mk23s out there and haven't heard any issues of the made to fit barrel extension. The barrel join in theory should have no effect as the BB rides a cushion of air and has minimal contact with the barrel surface. Look into TK twist barrels, they create a sprial vortex of air to cushion the BB as it goes down the barrel.

There are technical threads/debates/arguments on barrel length and best bore diameter, but a very well set up hop unit and a short barrel will outshoot a poorly set up tighter long barrel. Ultimate effect will come from a stable well set hop unit, and quality BB's.

Thanks for all that info.

So, how do you set up the hopup properly? Do you just watch the trajectory, adjust for a strait shot?

I am shooting 15-30ft, so I guess it isn't really a factor, from what I've read.

Hey Guys,

Seen a few posts mentioning the Desert Eagle as a sniper pistol. Ive got 2 sitting at home which I bloody love as they are, just wondering if there are any tips/tricks/mods to do? To increase accuracy/range?

The Desert Eagle Im looking into changing is the 10" Leon version.

My 6" version has a TB, Guarder Kit, 170% Recoil, 150% Hammer the hop unit seems a little unresponsive though the rubber/nub is very old coming up on about 7 years at least. Anything that could solve this?

FPS on .2s?

Well, its running 340 or so on Green with 3s.

So, I haven't checked but, probably a comfortable 370 or so with 2s.

I reckon it could be a real beast at medium range target shooting with a scope and some .29 SGMs.

For the record, anyone attending the NAE this year is welcome to come take a look and have a go with it at the shooting gallery tent.

As for a holstered pic Dagonet - well, once its finished externally my aim is to encorporate it into a fan fiction resi costume of some kind. My plan is a shoulder holster under a long leather jacket. If that ever comes to fruition, I shall update :D

Kenworth :)

Bankz, sounds like your Eagle is already set up, just needs a new hop rubber. Don't think there is too much choice over a stock rubber, can't say i have seen anything else.

The design of the Deagle was always too long range shooting over an actual combat piece (as i understood when the real ones first came out) then holly wood happened to them. The fixed barrel and intergrated scope rail should be better than my tilting floating barrel G17 and you get single action trigger pull over my MK23's fixed barrel but double action trigger.

Try a red dot sight first, and some quality BB's along with a new rubber, should be a right tack driver with a scope fitted :)

Archived