Sniper Pistols

scar527

You must post photos of the rail mount when it arrives :)

The supplied TM LAM is for the money the whole kits costs not bad,  more of a torch than Tac-light,  it's handy for room clearing and moving about,  not being so bright to muck up night vision,  but it does lack range.  Some rewire brighter LEDs in,  and some have rewired and added tac-light bulb units in,  be wary of adding a high output bulb,  if you leave the light on it might generate enough heat to melt the LAM unit a bit :)

Others have added by screw&glue a bit of 20mm rail to the pistol frame to enable use of other 20mm tac-lights.

Airsoft LAMs are hard to get,  real LAMs are real hard and costly to get.

I did read eleswhere (idle forum gossip may not be correct) that due to real LAMs being so rare that real MK23 owners where buying the then available rail converter from airsoft to use on real ones.  Last time i looked i think a real mount was around $90usa.

Don't get why Nineball dropped the MK23 extras,  they weren't cheap.....  i did get excitied ages ago when USP rail converters appeared,  but they are a different size format again and don't fit MK23s.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really miss my MK23... that thing was wonderful.

My gas IPSC/3gun build seems to get used as a sniper pistol fairly often- funny enough, the base gun was a WE/HK3 Glock 17.

Adjustable trigger with no play- the break is very clean. Nine Ball hop up with a TK Twist barrel, as well as the Bowie Tactical Custom sights (host of other little upgrades, such as a different disconnecter lightened BBU, etc)- the rounds soar off into the great beyond. Gets better range than my rifles, the best groupings out of any weapon I own with a range further than my WOC.

561148_3238731301572_172305523_n.jpg

Love those hybrid set ups and ported barrel.

One of the locals to me got a WE G18c,  and i have to say the range is very good,  it was over hopping .20 with zero hop applied,  steered him to trying .30s,  and yeah it shoots damn well,  the new WE and HK3 seem to shoot as good as a TM.

Mostly just use my G17,  Mk23 is winter gun.

Nothing beats outranging startled AEG players.  Nice shooter Preacherman.

Just the barrel ?

My spare G17 came with a butchered AEG Black Python 6.03 installed.  Needed some tidying up but considering it's a homemade cut down from an AEG barrel i haven't found the need to swap it out for a stock TM brass barrel.

Shoots rather well at 97mm long,  good to 40-50meters.

Are Madbull doing pistol barrels now ?  and is that an outer barrel from a M9 ?

what darkness are you upto :)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Glock Preacherman!

My PPSH-41 died on me on Sunday. The Tappet Plate has snapped and is propietary. I'm awaiting a reply from Gunner Airsoft to see if they have any spares, as they were the main HK distributor.

So this "forced me" (aye right!) to use the only other gun I had.....my MK23 SOCOM....yeah baby! I absolutely love this thing (as stated many times already).

I was playing woodland and was attacking (1st game) and defending (2nd game) a row of wooden buildings (some 2-story). The MK23 was excellent for surprising the enemy. Plus the range and accuracy had enemy players getting hit quite easily. Without them hearing the chatter of an AEG, they assumed they weren't being fired upon....brilliant!

When defending the same objective (after a switch around) I was standing behind the first structure, on top of a tree stump, which allowed me (I'm 6'3") to see over the top of the wooden walls, by about a foot. The door to the structure was right in front of me (over the wall). The enemy team laid down a smoke and then about 6 of them charged for the doorway. My mag was full and they weren't expecting me to be able to see them over the top. I started blasting away (as silent as you can with a MK23) and got every single one of them as they all tried to squeeze through the doorway, lol! I accidentally caught 2 of them in the head (they had their heads down whilst charging forward) and they were standing about wondering how the hell they'd all got shot at such close range. I then poked my head up and waved my SOCOM at them.......queue lots of swearing and admiration in my direction for being a "sneaky *!^%£&*" About 3 other enemy hadn't been paying attention and tried to medic their comrades..........oh dear........I quickly shot them too and then proceeded around the building to take on the remaining few attackers who were brave/stupid enough to step out from the treeline. All in all, I reckon I killed about 12 players in the space of a minute or so...............VERY GRIN ENDUCING!!

And then just to them right off, I stayed in exactly the same position for the next 20 minutes, repelling attack after attack (they didn't get closer than 20m to the doorway after that) until the game ended. I was the recipient of quite some abuse (made in jest) when the whistle blew. Happy days! :D

On another note, my Rynotek MK23 rail hasn't arrived yet and I've heard no word from Royal Mail about customs charges........getting concerned now. I might phone them and ask.

My new Streamlight TLR-1S arrived and its gorgeous! I love it so much already! 300 lumens and it looks so damn sexy on my Sig P226 E2.....I just can't stop posing in the mirror with it, lol! Also figured out that my Sig doesn't like .30g BB's and  performs much better with 0.25g's instead for some reason.

gallery_71007_2092_12056.jpg

My Glock took to .30 straight away.

My Mk23 didn't,  even though Bushman kept prodding me to try them it didn't work,  .25 was as heavy as i could go.

I had to retweek the single sided hop arm slightly to get enough lift for the .30,  been using them ever since.

My TM G17 and Mk23 share the same VSR rubber,  both also have a single sided hop arm,  could be your hop needs a very slight tweek to get the lift.

Great news for TM MK23 SOCOM owners.......The real steel Rhynotek Picatinny Rail Adaptor fits perfectly!! There's about 1mm play in the horizontal and vertical sides, until the the screw is screwed into the trigger guard............which lines up perfectly!! TM have done a stellar job in recreating this pistol off the real model. Once it's screwed on, it's solid and any picatinny rail items can be mounted.

I mounted my Streamlight TLR-1S, which is damn nicer and much smaller than the included useless LAM unit. I had to cut a bit of the box out to be able to make it fit inside, whilst fitted to the rail, but only took a minute with a craft knife. Only slight issue is the length of the silencer...........it cuts into the upper portion of the weaponlight's circular beam, leaving a long black shadow on surfaces......no big deal though, as I doubt many enemies will be hiding on the ceiling! Oh and it no longer fits into the Desert Eagle/MK23 hip holster with the weaponlight fitted.

I'm totally chuffed with this purchase. At a cost of approximately £125-130 delivered (got raped for shipping and customs) it was an expensive gamble but has paid dividends! There are a number of different Rhynotek rails for this gun. I bought the cheapest via Amazon.com. You can find it on Rhynotek's website here : http://www.rhynotek.com/HK-Mark-23-Picatinny-Rail-Adapter-Tac-Light-Mod-p/922001.htm

gallery_71007_2092_132113.jpg

gallery_71007_2092_40636.jpg

gallery_71007_2092_137096.jpg

gallery_71007_2092_14664.jpg

gallery_71007_2092_223356.jpg

Ouchy on the price.....but then it's a real one.....and fits.

Too rich for me, i thought £40 for my FAB USM was pushing it.

Looks good and i think the first MK23 i have seen that hasn't been modified to run a rail,  the only way round the light pattern is to try the shorter Socom silencer from TM,  both have the same threaded base but Mk23 is 16mm and other is 14,  swap bases,  short can :)

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_4088.jpg

Now that I've fielded this today and gotten pretty decent kills with it up to 50m by my estimation (was actually about 2 basketball courts distance so was a little more than just 50m) I'm gladly putting this on the list of candidate sniper pistols. Also, chopping down a VSR barrel to 247mm length does little to affect its performance although I already assumed this having used even shorter sniper pistols. Also those A+ hop rubbers are short of amazing but only for the GBB/VSR models as only they have a significantly elongated hop nub like half way being an R-hop whereas the AEG ones that garner mediocre reviews do not.

I got Mk23 after reading a few pages on this thread, I was having issues putting hop on anything other than .20g BBs. I put a small strip or two of electrical tape on top of the nub on the outside of the rubber and now I get a straight flat flight out of .30g BBs out to about 200ft.

@Frogfish, welcome to MK23 ownership. You'll fall in love with this pistol, I guarantee it! Load up on spare mags and run it as a primary and you'll be surprised how well you get on. I run 8 mags for mine.

I guess I was lucky that my MK23 took to .30g straight away without modification. I'm getting around 50m at the moment with the hop set to around 70% on, so I think I could go even heavier.

I want to try .36g, but the only thing really stopping me, is that the BB's at this weight are usually black/graphite or green coloured and I don't think I'd be able to keep track of their flight to the target in woodland.

I've seen .32g white BB's locally, but they're sold out and their soft powdery quality was questioned.

I'm tempted to buy another MK23 and fit a G-Spec barrel inside, but not sure I'd be allowed to run it at my site, due to semi guns being limited to 350 FPS. Only bolt-actions are allowed up to 450 FPS.........which sucks.

its technically not semi auto though. it should be looped in with those wingun revolvers.

I have a question though about the marui DE. what kind of accuracy range do you guys get with them? and how about the 10" veriety? would it be better to get the MK23?

Ryaw,

I've got a few spare Y&P mags for it and they work great. I'm very happy with it, and it's shooting extremely well. I have been using it for when targets are within the MED for my VSR, I believe it's clocking in right under 1J, but at anywhere under about 55m its a tack driver, it makes people very angry, even at distance I've been able to hit a few people who weren't expecting it, or didn't notice me, but the BBs fly so slow that anyone who sees me trying to take pot shoots at them can dodge them.

its technically not semi auto though. it should be looped in with those wingun revolvers.

I have a question though about the marui DE. what kind of accuracy range do you guys get with them? and how about the 10" veriety? would it be better to get the MK23?

Erm, if you're referring to the MK23, it certainly is a semi-automatic pistol. I'd have a hard time convincing the site owners that it's a bolt action, lol.

I've fired a few DE's. The last one being after the owner was raving about the impressive range............which I then proceeded to obliterate with my MK23 in front of everyone, much to his surprise. They're nice pistols and pack a hell of a wallop, but with the recoil being so high and violent, it throws the aim off considerably, so getting accurate follow-up shots might be difficult. The 10" version has the same length inner barrel as the standard version, ie 135.5mm or 5.3 inches, which is slightly longer than the MK23's barrel (131mm). I'm not sure if any other pistols have one-piece inner barrels longer than the DE?

It would be cool to install a barrel to take up the full 10", but I don't know if anybody has attempted it? From researching the interweb, PDI do a 6.01mm Hi-Capa 5.1 barrel in 7" or 160mm...........now there's an idea for the DE 10" if anyone wants to try it?

Further research has unearthed that KM make a 230mm 6.04 inner barrel for the DE 10" AND a 200mm 6.04 barrel for the MK23. But both sold out at UN Company. Does anybody have any experience of these barrels?

Ryaw,

I've got a few spare Y&P mags for it and they work great. I'm very happy with it, and it's shooting extremely well. I have been using it for when targets are within the MED for my VSR, I believe it's clocking in right under 1J, but at anywhere under about 55m its a tack driver, it makes people very angry, even at distance I've been able to hit a few people who weren't expecting it, or didn't notice me, but the BBs fly so slow that anyone who sees me trying to take pot shoots at them can dodge them.

Yes, that sounds exacly like mine. I get around 325 FPS with my 6.01mm PDI TBB installed with the standard TM rubber. The .30g BB's can be slow to reach their target, but I find that they have the most predictable and stable flight path.......plus they hit with more impact at range, so the hits get noticed and rarely ignored. I haven't used .25g's with the gun in ages, but I might do just to see the difference in time to target and accuracy.

If I'm not needing to be hidden, I usually fire multiple shots at the target, so they can't dodge the BB's as easily. And you're right....people do get easily annoyed by the pistol, which seems ludicrous......would they rather be hosed by an AEG? I get asked every skirmish where my weapon is. They seem to discount my pistol, even though I have 8 to 12 pistol mags strapped to me. But those who know the power of the MK23 admire its capabilities.

It's not the lightest weight loadout anymore, but I also carry my P226 E2, on my chestrig, as a backup, in case of gun-hits, which count at my site. Now that the weather's been getting a bit warmer of late, my Sig is improving and I got a few kills with it the last time I played. Apparently running 2 pistols up against AEG's makes me a bit mad. I'm sure Dagonet and others can relate, lol.

Not mad,  you like a challenge :)

Gets boring with Hi-caps,  and mid caps with AEGs.

Although not technically a semi auto pistol,  the double action trigger is almost as fast as a semi,  much much faster than a boltie,  so MK23 would fall under DMR rules if my site allowed me to play,  but i would be capped at 400fps and incurr a 35m med,  double or triple tapping at 500fps would result in a ban most likely,  which is something you can't do with a boltie,  well you could shoot someone 3 times,  but not as fast as a double action trigger :)

If your not capped on FPS Horsem4n then a rebarreled 10" DE will be a tack driver,  and with handy built in scope rails.  The normal DE with a tighter barrel is also very good,  only downsides are noise output,  bigger mags so pouches can be less choice,  and aftermarket hop rubbers,  so if you get one pick up a spare hop rubber at the same time,  they sometimes become scarce overhere.

But the fixed barrel and single action trigger pull should make up for that :)

MK23 wins on simple and reliable and shares VSR hop rubbers and barrels.

Big problem with the Desert Eagle is that its hop rubber is proprietary and nobody else seems to make replacements for it. Tokyo Model occasionally restocks on it, so if you're serious in using one for precision work you may as well keep a couple spares. Unless there's a way to modify it to accept standard (vsr) rubbers, that would be really awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

The most ghetto anti-rotation collar I've ever seen: the stainless steel barrel of a Zebra M301, the grub screw from an M16 flash hider, and a giant glob of 40/60 solder so the grub screw had something to hold onto.... but now it shoots like a laser! I need to get it chronoed and tuned soon since now it probably shoots over 400 with the extra two inches of barrel.

2zxz9k3.jpg

Not mad,  you like a challenge :)

Gets boring with Hi-caps,  and mid caps with AEGs.

Although not technically a semi auto pistol,  the double action trigger is almost as fast as a semi,  much much faster than a boltie,  so MK23 would fall under DMR rules if my site allowed me to play,  but i would be capped at 400fps and incurr a 35m med,  double or triple tapping at 500fps would result in a ban most likely,  which is something you can't do with a boltie,  well you could shoot someone 3 times,  but not as fast as a double action trigger :)

If your not capped on FPS Horsem4n then a rebarreled 10" DE will be a tack driver,  and with handy built in scope rails.  The normal DE with a tighter barrel is also very good,  only downsides are noise output,  bigger mags so pouches can be less choice,  and aftermarket hop rubbers,  so if you get one pick up a spare hop rubber at the same time,  they sometimes become scarce overhere.

But the fixed barrel and single action trigger pull should make up for that :)

MK23 wins on simple and reliable and shares VSR hop rubbers and barrels.

yeah, i live in the good ole' usa, so i dont have much of an FPS cap. its a semi auto, so for out doors its capped at 500-no cap depending on where i go. but if it gets over 400FPS, ill have a 100' MED.

but i am worried about the buckings i guess. the barrel cuts in a DE barrel arent that much different from a VSR cut, but im not sure ill be able to make it work. i'll diefinately be looking inside to see if i can though.

Archived