Sniper Pistols

scar527

Yeah bit sad,  moving to a new area,  so starting again,  got to find new game sites and fancy a change, so sold nearly everthing off.  Be left with a shotgun and shells and a UMP AEG.  I know the shotguns inside out so that will get tweeked.  The AEG is going to get a g-hop/firefly type thing to maximise it,  both are reliable,  be a change to play with an AEG.

Hopefully will score a used TM 4.3 cappa as well.

My UKARA ref is out of date so anything new will have to be a two-tone bright colour gun,  didn't think of that when i started flogging everthing off......

Hopefully a tricked up and scoped up 4.3 cappa is coming :)  been mentally planning it all week,  nearly pulled out of selling the MK23 as i won't get one again,  not at the current UK pricing, if you can find one in stock.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That came up in conversation today at a game,  it would appear the seller is only up for collection not postal.

The new owner of my old Mk23 was looking at it.

My possible 4.3 seller didn't show up,  so until next year i will be out of the club :(   more time to research and plan something new,  maybe a racey scoped 1911 over a 2011 :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone remember where the takedown of a win gun revolver to change the inner barrel and hop it was?

Also is it worth trying to change or modify a Kjw ruger mrk1 hop up? Especially with how much of a pain in the *albartroth* they are to take apart

I would say first thing that needs work on a KJ Ruger Mk.1 is taking the trigger back to a proper single action and not that hard to pull near DA operation it has :P.

'FireKnife'

Does anyone remember where the takedown of a win gun revolver to change the inner barrel and hop it was?

Also is it worth trying to change or modify a Kjw ruger mrk1 hop up? Especially with how much of a pain in the *albartroth* they are to take apart

KJ MK1s are easy to take down...

I am suprised that even the Marushin feels like you are trying to break a grown man's arm in half but then I guess it was never really meant as a practical shooting pistol if they made it that way?

I mean it has a safety so it is not exactly like it is going to be for some 'all Japan guns have to have a safety' system.

Plus from what I heard the Nambu is meh, I want a GBB 6mm Bren Ten now instead :(.

'FireKnife'

I hate the putting it back together part it's so easy to lock the trigger up and/or.safety orjam something.

In fairness it is a great clone of the ruger as that's a *suitcase* to put back together so it runs fine as well. Many bags of ruger mrk1 litter gun owners houses.

As for the named the real one was dangerous to fire and would occasion ally violently disasemble itself.

I want a blowback automag to be honest. Similar design to the ruger on a larger scale. That and a .44 mag revolver with a tweed jacket shirt and tie. Perfect cop rig.

• 10 months later...

It seems I have acquired a mk23. Well the boy has.

I have taken the superstore apart and it doesn't have the plastic inner barrel thing that the pics show so it's just a very quiet can. The standard safety doesn't move much but the slide catch does.

Ok what do I need to know, what magazines are best, is it worth even looking at clone mags and how do I adjust the hop.

Also.is there any mods that I NEED to do to it or.that you would reccomend?

It seems I have acquired a mk23. Well the boy has.

I have taken the superstore apart and it doesn't have the plastic inner barrel thing that the pics show so it's just a very quiet can. The standard safety doesn't move much but the slide catch does.

Ok what do I need to know, what magazines are best, is it worth even looking at clone mags and how do I adjust the hop.

Also.is there any mods that I NEED to do to it or.that you would reccomend?

I'm perfectly happy with TM mags. I've not upgraded mime yet though.

If you're still wondering about hop adjustment you need to remove the slide (pull back slightly and push pin through) and then there's a wheel on the bottom of the assembly.

• 9 months later...

Does anyone know if the hop up patch from a G&G M700 would fit the KJW MK1? They look suspiciously similar, link here: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61OhFlHLn9L._SL1000_.jpg

On a side note, can anyone comment on the trigger pull of the MK1 once the hammer spring is trimmed to reduce fps?

Better to just make a new one from bicycle tyre tube. Cut square patch, punch circle patch, glue two patches together. It's how I make new rubbers for Marushin revolvers and they work pretty well.

On the Mk1, what you'd want is to polish the caming section between hammer and trigger bar to a mirror sheen then apply some good lube like ceramic or molly. Trimming the spring only will of course reduce pull weight but the grit will still be there.

Archived