Sniper Pistols

scar527

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats rather nice that is, TL1 ?

Side question for thoese with P99 NBB's - The tac light that use to come with these are they still made ?, i want to add a P99 to be thew smaller brother to the Mk23 but really would like to get a light for it (i still to this day regret selling it)

Thats rather nice that is, TL1 ?

Side question for thoese with P99 NBB's - The tac light that use to come with these are they still made ?, i want to add a P99 to be thew smaller brother to the Mk23 but really would like to get a light for it (i still to this day regret selling it)

Thanks Apex. Yes, it's the Streamlight TLR-1S. I didn't use the strobe function, but the torch itself was super bright at 300 lumens and well worth the money I paid for it. I relied on it quite a bit in the pitch black, hunting zombies. Brilliant bit of kit.

As far as I know, the taclight for the P99 is no longer made, but the gun does still have a rail on it. I'm not sure what would fit it though, as I never specifically looked at it. I tried the P99 a few days ago at a local shop. Whisper quiet and nice and compact, but I have no idea how well it would shoot or how reliable the mags are? It felt a bit puny compared to my SOCOM, but I'd still consider getting one.

As for how my SOCOM performed during the Resident Evil night game.....AMAZING! The TM tracer unit and Madbull .25g tracer rounds were a a winning combination. I would say that being able to see where my shots were landing scored me about 60% accuracy, with most being a one or two-shot kill.

One of the guys who ran the site commented before the game that I "must be brave" for using only a pistol. Well I had a blast, being really successful and felt like a killing machine, proving again that it can be done. I mostly managed to stalk alone around the site and I caught the enemy team out a good few times.

Within 5 minutes of the night starting, the two teams had ended up at each other's starting points. The enemy weren't checking their corners very well and I shot 9 of them from behind within about 10 seconds. It was hilarious watching them all standing within 3m of each other with their hands up in the air shouting for a medic. I was cheesing from ear to ear and laughling like an idiot. As much as they were annoyed at so many of them being caught out like that, I got a few comments of "well done" for doing it with only a pistol.

Another highlight was when they were within the train carriage, shooting from great cover and pinning my team's base down. I snuck in the rear of the carriage and shot 5 of them in the back, completly killing their attack dead. I then walked out of the carriage and medic'd my team-mates back in. Again cheesing from ear to ear and much to their annoyance as no-one was watching their rear.

I got another reputation that night as "that sneaky bar-steward with the *frootcagio* SOCOM" again, lol. Tremendous fun and I'm now super glad that I spent hundreds pimping my SOCOM.

If any of you guys are anywhere near the west coast of Scotland, I definitely recommend playing at the Wargames Centre, especially on a Resident Evil themed night. Easily the best game of airsoft I've had since starting playing 5 years ago!

"that sneaky bar-steward with the *frootcagio* SOCOM" again" - i have heard that so many times >_<

I think i might do something in the same sort of vain that you have with your socom, it looks the mutts nutts :D, how do you holster the dam thing though (i just tend to drop it in a dump pouch) has for the P99, to this day regret selling it.

• 4 months later...

I think i might do something in the same sort of vain that you have with your socom, it looks the mutts nutts :D, how do you holster the dam thing though (i just tend to drop it in a dump pouch) has for the P99, to this day regret selling it.

Since this thread has had no love since April, I thought I'd add to it. It's a shame that Arnie's doesn't have a dedicated 'pistol chat' forum, where all things pistol can be loved....not just 'handgun problems'.

Anyway, to answer Apex's question, I use the 'Strike Systems DE 50.AE/Mk.23 Belt Holster'. This allows me to holster the MK23 with the silencer attached, BUT it's unfortunately not big enough to holster with the rail and weapon light attached, so I have to run it as a primary in my hands and find somewhere to lay it down if I need to switch to my P226 E2.

Which leads me nicely on to my Sig and it's latest mod - ASG (KWJ) Threaded Outer Barrel:

TM Short Silencer fitted (does nothing to quieten the sound, but looks bad-*albatross*!

gallery_71007_2092_15986.jpg

You can see the threaded outer barrel protruding here:

gallery_71007_2092_417927.jpg

TM Tracer Unit fitter.....I suspect that the tracer unit is a tad too heavy for the outer barrel and I'll need to play about with it, as I had one or two slide jams.....I think this was down to how tightly I had wound it though. A 14+mm/14+mm adaptor may rsolve this issue?

gallery_71007_2092_564575.jpg

Going back to my MK23 SOCOM, it's not been plain sailing recently, as I've had 5 of my 9 mags develop serious leaks at the bottom, where the large O-ring is. I had to drill out the small 3rd pin and use PTFE tape underneath the O-ring, which appeared to have shrunk. I think it was the Green gas/Brut Sniper gas over the winter period which did this, as I believe that they lack sufficient lube in the gas. So for now I'm sticking to Abbey Predator Ultra gas. I then used No More Nails to seal the holes in the side of the mags and so far (fingers crossed) they are now completely gas tight once again.

I can't remember if I mentioned this previously, but the large plastic inner part ('SC-21' in the manual) that holds the hop and barrel in place, snapped where the rear most screw was, rendering the gun useless. I tried gluing it, but no joy. So I had to buy another MK23. Yes, I now have 2! I'm trying to source a replacement part direct from Japan, to get it back up and running, as Fire Support have been unable to do so after 3 months of waiting. I believe that the Green gas/Brut Sniper gas pressures were maybe too powerful for the gun, causing the gas pressure to expand the two halves, splitting it apart. So far, my 2nd MK23 is going strong.

I also treated my MK23 to a TM Short Silencer, as I was finding that the standard longer silencer was a tad too long for turning tight corners. It's almost as quiet as the original. To fit it to the 16mm MK23, I just unscrewed and swapped the threaded adapators over from bottom of each. You can see the size difference here:

gallery_71007_2092_271051.jpg

I've also treated myself to 2 new pistols, the first of which I've not skirmished yet, but have totally fallen in love with how huge and loud it is, its great range and accuracy (generally on par with the MK23) and especially how hard it kicks. I just can't stop fondling the damn thing and can't wait to get more mags for it.

TM Desert Eagle:

gallery_71007_2092_949235.jpg

My other TM pistol should be here on Tuesday and I'll post it up then.

As for the Maruzen P99. I had a quick shot of one a week ago. It's just as quiet as the MK23, but the range is nowhere near as good. Oh and speaking of range, I had a nice short 1 minute duel in woodland with a gas sniper rifle last week, using my P226. I eventually got shot, as he had the shoulder stock and longer barrel for better accuracy, but I damn near got him and he commented how surprised he was that my wee pistol far outranged his £500 rifle!!

So my TM G17C arrived today. It's rather nice, has great range and looks snazzier than standard G17's. However, it's not as comfortable in my hand as my Sig P226 E2 and has noticeably less felt kick than my Sig.

I've managed to squeeze it into my genuine Black Hawk G17 Serpa. It's a VERY tight fit and requires some force to remove, but on the plus side, I won't be losing it any time soon. It's really just the top edges of the front of the slide which cause the issue. As long as you press your thumb on the back of the slide whilst holstering it, it's fine. Otherwise it pushes the slide back by almost 1cm. Still locks nicely in place though. Some filing of the inside of the Serpa would resolve the issue, I'm sure.

Anyway, here it is:

gallery_71007_2092_529926.jpg

gallery_71007_2092_773969.jpg

Didnt need my MK23 anymore since getting the P99 so figured I would have a crack at an idea I have had for a while. As far as concepts go, it's not too rediculous is it?

78981b5f6b256863eb5f95fe33f20fbf_zpsf37e

Scope is a placeholder for now, probably gonna stick an acog on there and it requires lots of additional filing and things to be filled in, as well as a permanent mounting solution but a bracket and the LAM mount thread on the trigger guard will most probably feature in that. I intend to mount a laser but I will deal with that once the rest of it has been squared away.

RC, how about making the Delisle as a proper bolt action using a TM 1911 mag for gas and ammo?

a detonics inside the receiver (blowback disabled) with the slide connected to the bolt handle.

Chop off the trigger guard and trim down the grip, move the trigger to the rear, retain the 1911 hop but with a

G-spec barrel and foamed silencer?  

Someone on here did a beautiful G-Spec to Delisle conversion a while back with handmade wood stock and dummy 1911 mag.

But using a TM 1911 mag would be cool.

Jim

IMG_4088.jpg

Welp on seeing that my first thought was "Obrez" (http://www.forgottenweapons.com/the-obrez-and-its-cousins/)

On the airsoft front I'd probaby be better to convert a cheapish bolt action sniper with an obrez looking piece of wood and metal than buying one of the wood and metal WW2 bolt actions and cutting that down.

RC, how about making the Delisle as a proper bolt action using a TM 1911 mag for gas and ammo?

I've considered that very thing multiple times in the past. Now that my 1911 frame (just the dust cover) broke I technically have a donor gun for it. It's just that I don't really have any WWII kit to go along with it save for run of the mill resistance.

• 2 months later...

Azubi, that baby looks like it could be a Boba Fett rifle my friend!

Quick question my friends, would this be the droid.. er um, the CZ75D I'm looking for? Hoping to make a solid side-arm, and range is always a marksman's friend. Hope someone can help!

http://www.evike.com/products/35822/

• 6 months later...

Been following this thread for a wee while now and whilst my MK23 is waiting on parts I started thinking of ways to make the most out of my 5.1 Hi capa. Whilst researching I found this:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/nineball-7inch-custom-lower-frame-w-compensator-for-marui-hi-capa-5-1-1.html#.U3kSHyjjXBY

Obviously the reason behind getting this kit it to allow a 7 inch barrel to be used. I believe you can use a compensator or even a silencer to extend the inner barrel on pistols but that due to the tilting barrel design of the hi capa it can sometimes "drag" somehow and cause problems. With the compensator actually built into the frame and thus not supported by the barrel I was hoping to be able to work round this.

Currently I use the stock plastic slide and would like to continue using it. From what Iv read that means I should also use a plastic outer barrel. The problem is that im not sure a 7 inch plastic outer barrel exists. So does anyone know if I could I run a 7 inch inner barrel through the stock outer barrel with the remaining length protruding through and being unsupported?

And would this unsupported length of inner barrel result in a loss of accuracy seeing as there is nothing to "dampen" out the vibration of the barrel?

Any input/help appreciated.

Cheers.

Toast.

I don't think that's really what you're looking for - it doesn't fix the barrel, insofar as I can see, so you're still running an enormous tilting barrel. You want something that fixes the inner/outer barrel to secure it to the frame, removing the tilting action altogether. In particular, I would suggest you want one of Freedom Art's AccuComps. As you can see in this helpful picture...

e19479f452af60ad3e4dfa9a824916b5.jpg

...the Accucomp system fixes the inner barrel to the compensator (itself attached to the frame). That means that with the silencer adapter (also fixed to the compensator) you can screw on a silencer to cover an inner barrel of literally any length you like and it won't affect the cycling of the pistol at all; additionally, it should be more accurate than ever with the fixed barrel.

TMC makes non-tilting threaded barrels for the hi-capa, essentially a bull barrel and will fit a 1911 just as well minus the barrel bushing. Just get that and find whatever barrel extension you can find that's long enough or chop down ones that are too long.

The 9Ball 7" barrel exists but I've never seen it in stock. Plus $70 for a plastic barrel sounds like a bad deal. There's also the prospect of putting two barrels together using epoxy and a thin metal tube joining the two inside.

• 1 month later...

Sighs..... :no:

Loved this thread,  had some epic fun with my race Glock and Mk23.

Sold both over the weekend.

Moving,  didn't think there was much where i am going,  so selling everything off.  The tricked up Glock went within seconds of being posted for sale (not here)  the rep of kills at 60m made the sale easy....and the price....

Mk23 is being collected next week  :no:  with the shoulder stock and VSR barrel.......sighs......

Still a good clear out was needed,  a fresh start.  Turns out there is loads near where i am going,  so if i keep my AEG, unless it sells... sell off the remaining pistol and shotty,  then i can start all over again with a new platform and can get a two tone TM to rebuild better than the race glock :D

All those fresh new targets.......i can imagine it now,  look at that twat, only got a 2tone pistol, lets brass him up........oh are they in for a shock when i apply the knowledge of this thread into a new platform,  be epic all over again :rvbteam:

Yep,  the MK23 was a bit boring in some ways,  not much you can do to it, and it dosen't need much anyway......and so simple and reliable and quiet.

The Glock, well,  kept one stock apart from a 6.03 and stippled and rebuilt the hop and polished the rails,  the other Glock was always in bits, being tweeked.

Sleeved and extended the outer barrel to hide a 5.1 nineball inner,  shimmed that to a perfect gliding fit to the outer barrel,  rebuilt the hop, honed the faces for a perfect fit,  file and deburr all the TM casting marks,  polish the rails,  crack the TM slide after 2 years on green,  remember that day well,  thought about running lighter PSI gas,  stuck with green in 28oc temps,  noticed the slide crack around 500rds into the day,  put a few hundred more through it then went home and got an alu slide :)  milled that out and swiss-cheesed the stock BBU to get the combined weight almost down to stock TM weight, rammed a 1911 piston head and nine ball purple rubber,  polished the feed tracks on all 6 mags.

Much more fun,  it had the odd hiccup,  short stroking the slide and the trigger was interesting,  i had to run a scope to make shooting teenagers beyond 40m easier,  tried many BB's,  setteled on zero-one .30's  a tub of 1200 would just about do 2 games.

Always had a 19-2011 itch to scratch.  I am looking into game sites where i am moving too,  i think if i carry on airsofting a dirty great modified nasty looking 2011 is on the way.

Tried to hop up the wingun Wesson, it failed after 100 shots and FPS went up to 380 after being resprung to 340,  might keep that and have another go.  Keep meaning to make wood grips for it.

In a weird place,  i think selling up and restarting or just thinning out (got 4pistols 2shottys 1AEG) is good,  time for a change, less gear.  In the same boat as Fireknife as not in a club and UKARA expired a while back so would take a while to re-gear with new guns.

Yeah half the fun is tweeking and pistols are so easy to tweek up,  love some of the homebuilds in this thread.

Haven't played for a while,  been a bit ill,  think my airsofting mojo is coming back :)

• 2 weeks later...

SDIM0870_zps92c62722.jpg

New Mods:

1. Ergonomics mod with steel reinforced epoxy putty:
-1911 Style Main Spring Housing Curvature to the Back of the Grip
-Off-Hand Thumb Rest
-Right Hand Finger Grooves
-Off-Hand "Spike"
-Off-Hand Groove for Index Finger

2. Rubberized "Polymer" Grip

3. KM Blue Bucking

4. FPS @ 76° F tuned to 394 on .2'- and 371 on .25's

Edit: Should I strip off the Rubberized Flexicoat on the grip and do a normal paint-job or pass it off as a "rubberized polymer"?

At first glance,  i saw cable/hose,  i thought.......ohhh HPA pistol,  nice, different :)

Grips look fine as they are,  however,  your shooting it, so go with what feels best for you.

On a sad note,  all my pistols have gone now :(

The MK23 with shoulder stock went on saturday morning,  i had one last quick blast,  a tin target was up at the game site for the 35m MED range,  took a few shoots to get my eye in,  then "Ting"  "ting" "ting"

Had a PM from the buyer on Sunday.......first thoughts....it's broken or dosen't work.........way off the mark,  the new owner is a very happy bunny indeed, the complete boxed set lived up to and exceeded his expectations.  It out ranges his M4 AEG,  and he got a kill out to 50m first time out with it on Sunday morning on iron sights,  he is looking at a mini Docter sight to fill the 20mm rail :)  he enjoyed the stunned looks of other players as they tried to work out how they where being shot due to the silence.

It's gone to a good home,  and looks like it will be well used.

I wish! I had thought of modding a box mag to feed "unlimited" ammo to it from a backpack and also have HPA tapped into the mag's gas chamber, but an HPA rig costs more than sourcing 4 NOS mags so... I'll just get the mags since they're hard to find. The cables are just my soldering iron station :rolleyes:

It feels much nicer all rubberized but I was worried about the strange hammered look on the rest of the lower frame. It shall stay!

Aww, sad to see your pistols go, I liked reading your war game stories, nice that they went to a nice home

Archived