Sniper Pistols

scar527

Does anyone know if the hop up patch from a G&G M700 would fit the KJW MK1? They look suspiciously similar, link here: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61OhFlHLn9L._SL1000_.jpg

On a side note, can anyone comment on the trigger pull of the MK1 once the hammer spring is trimmed to reduce fps?

There are a couple of threads about the MK1 which may be of interest:-

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/214837-kjw-ruger-mkimkii-questions/?hl=%20ruger%20%20mk1

and regarding the G&G M700 patch here:-

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/214861-kjw-ruger-mk1-nbb-pistol-mods/

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

Going to attempt to revive this thread. Came upon a Digicon Straight and I am in the process of tuning it to be a sniper pistol. I had one tuned by Booster once upon a time but have since parted ways with it.  I have different length SCS barrels coming in as well as springs and even custom parts so stay tuned, updates to following within a few weeks!

Just got a package from TN/Head 1950! How nice! They actually still have digicon products in stock.

hCUZJ2a.jpg

I still have a few more packages coming so the mod can't start yet.

I just took a chrono of it stock. I was shooting a .2 gram BB with green gas, with at least 30 seconds in between each shot. Of the 5 shots that registered, here is what I got:

Pretty consistent! Let's see what she gets too with an extended barrel, upgraded hammer spring, high flow valve and good cleaning!

Parts Parts Parts!

rydqi5N.jpg

Custom brass high flow valves, new bb loading valve (?), hammer springs, and scs tightbores.

Results after install, .2g on green gass:

UEhj0oV.jpg

Not as high as I was expecting. I should be getting about 550 FPS with a 10" barrel. Booster was able to get 540 FPS with an 8" barrel. I blame it on him having a custom hammer spring. Going to try and track one down and see what kind of results I can get.

No word on range with this thing but I am expecting about 50 yards. I got high precision .36g bbs that I will be fielding with it. Also need to track down a low profile red dot sight.

I've shot a digicon desert eagle and they are similar. The trigger is a little heavy, but smooth, and a relatively short for a NBB. I do want to know how it really is on the straight too though.

There's something about the digicon straight custom that makes it more attractive than the TM MK23.

Maybe I just like the grip angle.

Nice. Was always curious about these. I assume they are da/SA, What's the trigger like compared to a mk23?

It's a pretty heavy pull on double action, the firing mechanism is all metal and the first portion of the pull actually moves the bb feeding mechanism to load a bb into the barrel rubber. It's a pretty interesting system to watch. There's no real wall since you feel pressure the whole time. It's very smooth though since they're are so few moving parts. I only use it on SA.

I've shot a digicon desert eagle and they are similar. The trigger is a little heavy, but smooth, and a relatively short for a NBB. I do want to know how it really is on the straight too though.

There's something about the digicon straight custom that makes it more attractive than the TM MK23.

Maybe I just like the grip angle.

I just like the uniqueness. Also reminiscing from the time I had another one about 10 years ago.  I only have classic guns so this goes well as a sidearm but will be using it for range hopefully since my classics don't go much past 30 yars.

Yeah I referenced this a lot and actually reached out to Blake to ask about his setup and got some good feedback. Unfortunately he's AFK from the airsoft world it seems like but was nice of him to get back to me.

I also reference Booster a lot. He made a reply early in the thread about his take on sniper pistols. He is MIA from airsofting as well but even moreso than Blake. Booster was the first to tune these pistols into sniper pistols and extensively cataloged his process (as well as with other classic guns). The one I bought years ago was tuned by him but I wanted to do it myself this time. Luckily his data has been saved thanks to photobucket and can all be found here: http://s157.photobucket.com/user/car15kokusai/library/Digicon%20Sniper?sort=3&page=1

I don't know how he did it but he was able to get one of them to 640FPS

Lastly, got a proper inner barrel cover. Think I am going to pass on a reflex sight or scope, it's just too much of a burden to carry:

vTfGPhW.jpg

Thats pretty pokey .I remember the old myth of an old lady being killed with highly upgraded digicon in Japan which is what was meant to have influenced the strict power limit they have

I remember that too..I think she was elderly and was hit in the temple. Also the myth of an old Asahi M40 being converted to shoot real steel and thus the ban.

This gun looks nice but is frustrating me. It will go from 500 FPS all the way to 400 FPS within half a mag. And then it will shoot a whole mag at around 370 O.o

Maybe she just needs to work her way up after being in storage for all these years :P I'm guessing the valves and action are sticky despite greasing.

This gun looks nice but is frustrating me. It will go from 500 FPS all the way to 400 FPS within half a mag. And then it will shoot a whole mag at around 370 O.o

Maybe she just needs to work her way up after being in storage for all these years :P I'm guessing the valves and action are sticky despite greasing.

Sounds odd! My Digicon Beretta is extremely consistent, only deviating less than 10fps until pressure in the mag starts to drop. What hammer spring, soft/hard bucking and gas are you using?

BTW a heads up, some types of green gas will cause the KM Head hop buckings to become soft and mushy. So remember to check the busking when using different types of gas.

Sounds odd! My Digicon Beretta is extremely consistent, only deviating less than 10fps until pressure in the mag starts to drop. What hammer spring, soft/hard bucking and gas are you using?

BTW a heads up, some types of green gas will cause the KM Head hop buckings to become soft and mushy. So remember to check the busking when using different types of gas.

Yeah I switched to propane because I have found it to be more consistent. I also don't want silicon in my barrel, though I keep a little GG in the mag during storage.

I am using a KM Hammer Spring (~150%) and a KM hard hop up bucking. The new and original bucking perform the same FPS wise, though it is hard to tell when it jumps around so much. There is a chance the hammer spring just needs to be broken in since it has been sitting at a 90 degree bend for years.

The mag inlet valve may not be letting in enough gas since I have a hard time finishing a mag. Do you know of any replacement inlet valves that are compatible for Digicon?

Came across something interesting by the way:

4mm x 2mm O-rings installed on filler valves (Digicon uses too small of an O-ring for Propane's pressure).

Going to order some filler o-rings and see if that helps out with the consistency.

Also ordered a custom spring from Century Springs, which is the one of the left. Should be 200% power. Credit: Booster

100_7823.jpg

I just removed one of the inlet valves from my Beretta. Tried both a Marui and Nineball replacement valve and the threads were just a tad too small, large type KJ inlet valves (the ones with the huge thread) were too big. A standard KWA valve fit perfectly in regards to threading but the o-ring was a tad too small, use a larger one and it should work fine. 

BTW as Blake stated on his old site the hammer spring looks just like the one for for the Target. Guarder makes m170/180 springs for this if you are looking to hit a specific fps mark.

As you stated, your bent hammer spring might be the culprit. Also are you shooting it da or sa when measuring?  

I just removed one of the inlet valves from my Beretta. Tried both a Marui and Nineball replacement valve and the threads were just a tad too small, large type KJ inlet valves (the ones with the huge thread) were too big. A standard KWA valve fit perfectly in regards to threading but the o-ring was a tad too small, use a larger one and it should work fine. 

BTW as Blake stated on his old site the hammer spring looks just like the one for for the Target. Guarder makes m170/180 springs for this if you are looking to hit a specific fps mark.

As you stated, your bent hammer spring might be the culprit. Also are you shooting it da or sa when measuring?  

This is great info, thanks! Saved me a lot of money buying different valves to try. Only the kwausa store had any more in stock but I will give these a go. I have plenty of o-rings so I should be able to make something work.

Gonna hold off on the target spring idea, according to this it won't fit. I would like to try but can't justify shipping expenses from Japan.

iftyN50.jpg

Single action.

Got that new spring in from Century Springs. I was able to get it for free! :D Getting about 420 FPS pretty consistently now. It's definitely stronger, it took me a good 30 minutes just to work it in.

New fill valves should be in soon and we'll see what that does to the power. I'm losing about 100FPS somewhere because I got a few outliers at above 500fps when first testing this gun.

Could it be a leak somewhere inside the mech that holds the breach closed while the bb is chambered? Both my Beretta and Target are different systems, but I've looked at pics of the internals of the Desert Eagle and Straight. I suppose if the chamber is as air tight as possible, the only other explanation for the fps jumps must lie in the valve or hammer mech.

BTW had a look at Boosters photobucket folders, what a treasure trove of info! Used some of his pics when fixing a Maruzen 93r BV once.  

Could it be a leak somewhere inside the mech that holds the breach closed while the bb is chambered? Both my Beretta and Target are different systems, but I've looked at pics of the internals of the Desert Eagle and Straight. I suppose if the chamber is as air tight as possible, the only other explanation for the fps jumps must lie in the valve or hammer mech.

BTW had a look at Boosters photobucket folders, what a treasure trove of info! Used some of his pics when fixing a Maruzen 93r BV once.  

Yeah I agree. I am going to play around with the firing mechanism and attempt to get a tight as seal as possible. I tired it earlier by dremeling out the magazine feed nozzle so that it moves forward more but that didn't help. I am going to try and move the barrel more towards the rear of the gun.  I also only now noticed that Booster was getting that high of FPS when firing in 90 degree temperature, which has a 20% in green gas PSI compared to my local temperature so I am sure that has a lot to do with it.

Yeah he was very meticulous and thankfully recorded all his work and labeled all his photos. I am making these posts in part in case anyone wants to take on a similar project in the future.

I am just waiting on those KWA mag fill valves and then I'll close this project out. I loctite'd (Blue 242) everything today and greased all the o-rings. I also added a really half-assed inner barrel spacer to help hold it in place to prevent barrel wobble using some rubber.

Archived