Marine Corps uniforms

I am trying to locate a few Marine Corps items for a project. The closer to being authentic the better, the items I need are...

Tigerstripe - blouse

Mitchell Pattern autumn - anything

Mitchell Pattern spring - anything

ERDL ( whatever the Marines used ) - blouse

OD - blouse

I understand not all colors were made in blouses but I have no clue where to look online for good stores. I have looked, and usually just find Army stuff or the store is selling a weak replica. I also realize that I could get an OD blouse anywhere, but I'd like to get one that was authentic or, pretty darn close.

Thanks for any help. biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

As far as I've read, Tigerstripe was never 'officially' issued to any US Soldiers in Vietnam; only certain element of the ARVN- such as the ARVN Marines- were in receipt of official issue.

That said, the many versions of Tigerstripe patterns were wide spread private or group purchase by US Advisors and Special Forces....

From Miraldi's book on Advisors, I'd say that only USMC Advisors attached to the ARVN Marines or one of the MATs late in the war would've used Tigerstripe as a matter of course.

Line Grunts- AG44 and Sateen fatigues throughout most of the war, slowly getting replaced with bits and pieces of OG107...wholesale replacement with ERDL did occour from about 1969/70 onwards- but not to the complete elimination of the original AG44s: indeed, during Frequent Wind in '75 the USMC guards on the operation were still wearing the 1950s issue AG44

Some people early on would've been stuck with the very thick and unpleasant in the tropics Mitchell pattern jacket....The reason they don't get seen much in pictures is for precisely that unpleasantness in hot weather.

Archived