Inception

Agent47

Wow you guys need to see this movie, it is absolutely insane.

SPOILER:

There is an ambiguous ending. You have no idea if Cobb has successfully broken out of his mission or not...

Plot Hole: How exactly are they getting the dream machine within each layer of the dreams if this machine only exists in the real world?

There is also no explanation (or at least I didn't hear it) about the origins of the machine itself, nor any explanation of subconscious defenses. Then again you have to suspend a LOT of disbelief about this movie if you want to enjoy it.

Marion Cotillard is great as the sexy-yet-mental wife of DiCaprio's character - her delivery is both sensual and haunting at the same time...Cobb's memories of his wife are what is messing with the mission at every turn, as well as the mental defenses of Cillian Murphy's character Robert Fisher.

Was my thread from ten hours ago not good enough? :P

Spoilers

The dream machines in the dreams I took to be constructs... they exist in the dreams, and so they work on the people in the dreams, causing the 'dream within a dream' effect which they intend to exploit.

Joseph Gorden Levitt (Arthur) mentions the US military invented the dream machine for training purposes.

I took the ending as saying hes in limbo- his children are wearing the same clothes and are the same age, and Michael Caine meets him at the arrivals gate despite living and working in Paris.

Spoilers

I took the ending as saying hes in limbo- his children are wearing the same clothes and are the same age, and Michael Caine meets him at the arrivals gate despite living and working in Paris.

(I'm not really spoiling, so no white font here)

True, but it's mentioned early in the movie that Cobb can't just send gifts home with grandpa, signifying that Michael Caine's character was visiting Cobb's children, imminently.

Archived