Stupid weapon loadouts you want to do or have done.

faramon

The basic out line of the thread is as such what stupid weapon choices are you currently making on a factor of 'Because it is cool looking' rather than skirmishability :D

Mine is as such, having decided to foray into shotguns I have actually decided to get myself a pretty little shell ejector after much soul searching of look and what I want I decided on the shiny fun gun of an M870 Marine Magnum, now to top off my cool factor while ever so slightly more reducing my ability to do more than jack and *suitcase* for my sidearm again from redwolf is the beautiful shell ejecting Marushin Kimber style gold match Ten II

Understand I have checked the costs for both the shells for the pistol and the shotgun and I do understand I am gonna be paying for them time and time again but to be honest if I don't play the game in a manner in which I find fun or at least try something different and enjoyable why bloody bother? On top of that I imagine I will only use this once every so often.

This set up would clearly be for small venues / CQB places only, pick up ejected shells where I can, find the rest after a game if I could. :D

Your turns any silly projects or clearly deranged desires?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shell ejecting shotguns are a silly idea, but not THAT silly. Many people bluntly ignore the faults and use them anyway. Even I have managed to use one with some sucsess. Though i tired of the faults very quickly.

Shell ejecting pistol on the other hand. You can't fit a shellcather to a pistol, you'll spend a lot of money buying endless shells and you have no advantage over a normal GBB.

If you are anything like me, that wont stop you trying :P.

But to add to the thread. I had quite the reputaton for using really really bad guns and still managing to fight with them. I once went into a CQB game qith a Super 9. Yes, an inacurate POS boltie at less than 200FPS. Got three kills in one game, before i decided my handgun was far superior.

I have also used an LPEG AK47, chronoing at 100FPS (well, it chronoed at 96-8 until we swung the gun at the chrono to give it a boost) Got 7 kills with that in one room clerance.

Anyone remember those lekkie blowbacks? I had a pair of desert eagle EBBs, 75 and 77FPS. You can see where this is going.

Crowning moment of awesome for me was using the Qun Wei shell ejecting SPRINGER shotgun. Total POS. The shells only had one rubber to hold a single BB, but if you kept the gun pointing upwards you could put 5 in each shell. If you forgot and pointed the gun downwards the gun would jam on all the BBs that fell out. Not that this was much of an issue because the gun chronoed at 210FPS with a single BB. With 5 the chrono didn't regester it. Remember that with the same brand of chrono the two EBBs chronoed at 75FPS.

Well long story short the very first shot i ever fired "in game/in anger" got two kills. With a gun that 'failed' chrono because it wasn't powerfull enough to regester.

So yea, i'm a nutjob.

Not sure I'd class it as stupid exactly, but I'll be rocking my FPG as my primary with the intention of having a super lightweight load out at a skirmish soon. 2 long and 2 normal length mags, possibly a TM pistol as back-up, though I may just carry the G18C frame in a GP pouch and swap the slide over to it should I feel the random urge.

It'll mean I have a grand total of ~150bbs, about 1 M4 midcap's worth, with lots of reloading, cool down to take in to account and fairly low range and accuracy; but the idea is to use the low weight to my advantage just run about like a mad thing and get right up close with the enemy, negating the aforementioned issues. Close-up kills are far more satisfying, I've never played CQB, but when you're in a big woodland environment managing to get within spitting distance of your opponent to take them down is particularly satisfying.

Lol I shall definitely be going ahead I was thinking of dressing as a mafia / FBI agent with a waistcoat, shirt, some crappy suit trousers I have and my VIP under shirt bullet proof vest. :P I think I will definitely have to make my shots count.

I was literally watching the Redwolf ad video they did for the FPG, G18's are normally quite good so I don't see that being too silly plus sprint = hard target.

First game i played, i used a £12 springer pistol i brought from spain the year before...47fps tongue.gif Needless to say i got a bit anoyed...but when i look back on it, the sneaky ninja kill i got was, to say the least awsome.

The magazine fell out as i was sneaking behind a guy...realised i had no bb's left, so threw the magazine ohmy.gif It weighed less than a penny so no harm done!

Speaking of shell ejecting shotguns, 1887 Shell ejector...awful gun, stupidly cool terminator style reload. Only had for shells that came with it and and no back up, crazey amount of reloading, wich in rushing led to jam after jam after jam...

Fun though!

It's not a stupid loadout, but my current loadout is all-gas, and I'm carrying a total of about 200 shots on me at any one time.

I rock a WE SCAR with 5 mags (150 rounds), backed up by a TM P226 with 2 mags.

I have to pick my shots VERY carefully.

Ben.

Did a "The Deer Hunter" loadout before. Armed with a Well M10 revolver (6 rounds), a KWC .357 (24 rounds) and a bandana tied to my head, I'd run around like a headless chicken until I stumble across the enemy. Half of the time the gun would be pointed to my own head while shouting all sorts of Vietnamese expletives.

Haha that's awesome renegade, bet that was pretty funny to watch :D.

I was also looking at a SAA a week or so ago and I was like .... maybe want?

The less ammo you have the more precise I am sure you start to feel you have to be, will make for good trigger discipline.

Not sure I'd class it as stupid exactly, but I'll be rocking my FPG as my primary with the intention of having a super lightweight load out at a skirmish soon. 2 long and 2 normal length mags, possibly a TM pistol as back-up, though I may just carry the G18C frame in a GP pouch and swap the slide over to it should I feel the random urge.

It'll mean I have a grand total of ~150bbs, about 1 M4 midcap's worth, with lots of reloading, cool down to take in to account and fairly low range and accuracy; but the idea is to use the low weight to my advantage just run about like a mad thing and get right up close with the enemy, negating the aforementioned issues. Close-up kills are far more satisfying, I've never played CQB, but when you're in a big woodland environment managing to get within spitting distance of your opponent to take them down is particularly satisfying.

My primary is my TM 1911, I totally agree. Plus I get to laugh as geardos sweat climbing up hills while all I have to do is holster my pistol and be on my way.

I'm currently building a skeleton sort of gun out of an old lego fire truck set (you're never to old for them) to house my old P90 gearbox/barrel, just for the hell of it. We'll see how that works out xD

So wait... I'm not the only one with a Winchester?blink.gif

Are you a Marushin/ACM kind of guy, or a KTM?

I've got one of each, and absolutely love the KTM. Perfect for indoor/CQB type stuff, at about 270-280 FPS. Dead accurate as well.

I do get a lot of looks in the staging area when I've got the butt of the Winchester sticking out of the shotgun scabbard on my back, and some random revolver on my hip.

I guess I'm in the same boat as you. I thought I was the only one. Good to know there's someone else.

Are you a Marushin/ACM kind of guy, or a KTM?

I've got one of each, and absolutely love the KTM. Perfect for indoor/CQB type stuff, at about 270-280 FPS. Dead accurate as well.

I do get a lot of looks in the staging area when I've got the butt of the Winchester sticking out of the shotgun scabbard on my back, and some random revolver on my hip.

I guess I'm in the same boat as you. I thought I was the only one. Good to know there's someone else.

I've had to temporarily shelve my Marushin winchester as after reinforcing some parts with steel machined bits to run propane its pushing 0.29 SGM's at 580 FPS, but you arent the only one ;)

I'm definitely in ACM/Marushin crowd. I picked up one of the ACM clones a few weeks after they came out, and have never really seen them in stock since then.

I took the whole thing apart and replaced all the seals and O-rings. It chrono'd around 400 with a .43, so that would be roughly 600 FPS with a .20. I've gotten multiple ~300' kills, and get a kick out of shattering BBs on trees if somebody is under my MED. While people try to figure out what just exploded a few feet away, I shoot them with my secondary. biggrin.gif

The whole gun is currently taken apart and sitting on my workbench while I try to figure out how to convert it to run on external CO2 or HPA... I also plan on extending the internal magazine. Who doesn't want an adjustable FPS 100-150 round lever action?

ROFL!! haha

are you even allowed to play with two guns at the same time? seems a bit cruel.. you get shot in the face AND in the crotch at the same time by just 1 guy.

I was once, for a laugh. Although changing the mag in the top gun was a bloody nuisance, it was hardly worth it :D

Then, because the first rendition of the M4 pistol was plastic bodied, the weight actually ripped the RIS off the top :o

Archived