Tokyo Marui Glock 18C GBB

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, I would get one, but I only have access to green gas.

You should be able to get Duster almost anywhere now. Anyplace that sells computers should be carrying it. Office supply stores like Staples, Radio Shack and even drug stores like CVS, Walgreens and the like generally carry it.

Last time I bought some from Staples, it was $7.00 for two 10oz cans. Lasts a pretty long time.

When I did my frame transplant I noted that the front screw post in the frame had begun to crack. This is after about ~100-150 round on propane with the gun stock. I reinforced the Guarder frame with some JB Weld, who knows how that'll hold up...especially when metal slide comes out...

Both my Guarder frames cracked at the front screw and back screw after only a few hundred rounds.

This was on propane, but in wintertime, using a PGC slide.

I've installed the original frames back on them and haven't had any cracks ever since.

I hope they last longer for you guys!

Both my Guarder frames cracked at the front screw and back screw after only a few hundred rounds.

This was on propane, but in wintertime, using a PGC slide.

I've installed the original frames back on them and haven't had any cracks ever since.

I hope they last longer for you guys!

Yep, Guarder frame had problem, but so did my stock frame at the end(lasted a bit longer, but it eventually did crack). I am trying my 3rd type of frame with the newer version of Guarder frame, which had a metal insert that was absent in the original.

My G17 did put more stress on the frame since I am running a steel slide. But the G18C had its TM frame cracked within first 100 rounds on plastic slide...propane is probably too much for the gun...

The slide hammers down on the rail anchored to the plastic lower way too hard.

The plastic slide hammers it down with lesser force due to the lighter weight.

The G17/18C lacks an effective buffer system to withstand the shock from the slide blowing back with more force using green gas/propane.

If you guys check my first post, I showed the contact points on the slide that probably caused cracks on the area of the lower frame where the screw goes in. I also offered a possible solution (using a buffer system that was not present beforehand).

I'm running duster gas only. I put maybe 10 rounds using propane. I just feel safer with duster gas. No worries about breaking anything...even at 90-100 degree temperatures.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my TM G18c Friday. Much much better than my KSC. I'm also using Duster with mine and finding it totally adequate (as I have with my Five Sevens, G17 Custom, Detonics, Desert Warrior and MEU).

Pistol is just as accurate as my G17 Custom in semi-auto. In full-auto, the rate of fire is quite good, but I am finding that the range drops much quicker than my TM Hk USP AEP.

Genome-did your PGC slide slide just drop in or did you have to modify anything? I bought a Guarder slide for my TM G17 Custom and it was terrible and I had to remove it. I've heard far better about the PGC.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the PGC slide for the G17 and it was a drop in and worked perfectly from the very first shot (unlike the Guarder that never worked). Looks good as well. I'm ordering the PGC G18c slide today.

I'm thinking of a test comparing the TM G18c with my older (but in perfect condition) KSC G18c (plastic slide and completely stock). I was never able to get fully confident with the KSC as it was a supreme gas hog and even though well maintained, it was never very dependable in the field.

While I've only had the TM G18c a short time, I've managed to put 1000+ shots thru it, in both semi and full auto, and have not had a single failure. I've continued to use duster and will probably contine to do so. The metal PGC slide will be used when I get another TM G18c and work it up for green gas use.

• 2 months later...

While that looks nice, I feel skeptical about Nine-Ball stuff, pretty much everyone I know that has their bearing spring guide for 1911/Hi-Capa broke theirs...

At Dentrin they also sell SD's stainless steel guide....I'd think about getting that set and make my own spacer for it...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys would any of you have an idea of what is causing my problem ? Just got a brand new one and not knowing much about full auto GBBs and Glocks, I'm a bit stumped.

Everything worked great (shooting around 300fps with .20s on propane) until I took the slide off to ajust the hopup, now the BBs just roll out of the barrel when shooting... At first I thought it was the hopup that I had ajusted that was blocking them but now that I turned it all the way off (and verified that it was out of the way completely), the exact same thing happens... other then that it cycles great, shoots strong and all, tried different mags... I'm confused :S

Hey guys would any of you have an idea of what is causing my problem ? Just got a brand new one and not knowing much about full auto GBBs and Glocks, I'm a bit stumped.

Everything worked great (shooting around 300fps with .20s on propane) until I took the slide off to ajust the hopup, now the BBs just roll out of the barrel when shooting... At first I thought it was the hopup that I had ajusted that was blocking them but now that I turned it all the way off (and verified that it was out of the way completely), the exact same thing happens... other then that it cycles great, shoots strong and all, tried different mags... I'm confused :S

Turns out, from some people's advice on another forum, that was the wrong thing to do. My first instinct was that the hopup was blocking the BBs but it seems TM pistols, especialy the latest glock 18c, are quite finicky in that way so that you don't get a proper airseal if the hopup is not (well) ajusted. So all I needed was to turn it up again with a bit of silicone oil in the barrel and it was good to go!

Bought the Shooters Design metal slide for my TM G18C GBB. Initially I thought it was a straight drop in fit. Upon further inspection on a function check I found out a few things:

1. The loading nozzle (side) scrapes on the extractor (fixed by sanding it down some)

2. The loading nozzle scrapes on part of the slide directly above the extractor (again, sand it down a little bit)

3. The blowback chamber sits a tad high. I can pull up on the slide and have it so the trigger gets disconnected from engaging semi and full auto when doing a function check. It doesn't happen when shooting the gun but it should not do that in the first place. This particular issue has been fixed by using a spacer so the blowback unit sat lower. After the fix, I can pull up on the slide and the trigger would reset (and not disengage from the firing block_as it should.

*I used the clear plastic packing of the SD as a spacer and lines things up nicely.

While that looks nice, I feel skeptical about Nine-Ball stuff, pretty much everyone I know that has their bearing spring guide for 1911/Hi-Capa broke theirs...

At Dentrin they also sell SD's stainless steel guide....I'd think about getting that set and make my own spacer for it...

How did their NB bearing spring guides break?

I bought the Nine Ball Bearing Spring Guide for my TM Glock 18C. Upon inspection,the recoil guide rod with the buffer seems to be of good design...whether or not it will hold up is the question.

I replaced the spring the guide rod kit came with as it was too soft. I ended up using a Guarder 150% recoil spring off of the Guarder 150% recoil guide rod kit for a snappier action. I have a SA 200% recoil spring enroute that I intend to replace the 150% recoil spring with as I believe that the cut down length of the spring affects the overall tension of the recoil guide rod kit.

• 3 weeks later...