Tokyo Marui Glock 18C GBB

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Right...

Wanted to know has anyone used any type of Carbine Kit for the TM Glock 18c?

There are Three Types I've found.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Glock+carbine&x=0&y=0

AABB HR Version ( Problem: Fixed gun in the carbine, Unable to Select Signle/Auto)

A.P.S Glock Carbine.

Wii Tactical Roni ( Think this is the better choice, drop in & out Glock. Mag holder and fore grip.)

Also... If I was reading right. That the lower frame, you can use a G17 and Guarder Frames for the Ordginal TM G18c Slide? Can you use the G17 Custom lower frame as well?

Also....

Sorry. What about Holsters? I've been told it's hard to find one that fits. I want a blackhawk serpa style for the belt. But been told the G17 Serpa is to small and tight.!

What Holsters for the G18c

Edited by kithooton

Right...

Wanted to know has anyone used any type of Carbine Kit for the TM Glock 18c?

There are Three Types I've found.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Glock+carbine&x=0&y=0

AABB HR Version ( Problem: Fixed gun in the carbine, Unable to Select Single or Auto once installed)

AABB-AB107-KSC_1_mark_1.jpg

A.P.S Glock Carbine.

APSH-KIT-SA011_1_mark.jpg

Wii Tactical Roni ( Think this is the better choice, drop in & out Glock. Mag holder and fore grip, Possible to Select Single/Auto Functions)

WII-KIT-RONI-BK_1_mark_1_1.jpg

Also... If I was reading right. That the lower frame, you can use a G17 and Guarder Frames for the Ordginal TM G18c Slide? Can you use the G17 Custom lower frame as well?

Also....

Sorry. What about Holsters? I've been told it's hard to find one that fits. I want a blackhawk serpa style for the belt. But been told the G17 Serpa is to small and tight.!

What Holsters for the G18c

Sorry wasn't able to edit the other reply...

What about the Lower frame Question.

And Also the Carbine Question... Wanna get ready for the summer!

Edited by kithooton
  • 1 month later...

I picked up a Glock 21 SERPA Holster for my TM G18c today and is DOES fit (perfectly, I might add). Just an FYI for those interested.

I've just got my tm glock 18c. So its defo right then? SERPA holster 20/21

Also I've just bought the A.P.S Carbine Kit on eBay for £89.

Pictures to follow!

Edited by kithooton
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Over the weekend I just spent most of my time swapping parts between my G18 and G17, I have to said that Marui glock is quite a modding friendly gun. I picked up this guarder slide and marui g17 because the hammer of my 18c is cracked (I blame the 150% hammer spring ) and I urgently need a gun for the upcoming CQB season. Although my G18c still shoots, but eventually I will have to replace the hammer. Anyone can recommend a place to order replacement marui parts?

A pic to share (Up:G18c, Down G17)

GW4tg.jpg

BTW, Anyone up for a group order for these drop-in tritium night sights? I tested them and they works out pretty well, not super bright in the dark so your opponent can find you but clearly visible in the dark at the same time.

http://www.gunsmodify.com/en/product.php?cid=21&page=1

Over the weekend I just spent most of my time swapping parts between my G18 and G17, I have to said that Marui glock is quite a modding friendly gun. I picked up this guarder slide and marui g17 because the hammer of my 18c is cracked (I blame the 150% hammer spring ) and I urgently need a gun for the upcoming CQB season. Although my G18c still shoots, but eventually I will have to replace the hammer. Anyone can recommend a place to order replacement marui parts?

A pic to share (Up:G18c, Down G17)

GW4tg.jpg

BTW, Anyone up for a group order for these drop-in tritium night sights? I tested them and they works out pretty well, not super bright in the dark so your opponent can find you but clearly visible in the dark at the same time.

http://www.gunsmodify.com/en/product.php?cid=21&page=1

Awesome Pictures!

Thinking about getting a guarder slide for the G18c. Now is installs the parts and fitting good, or do you need to do some work to fit the lower part of the pistol?

Awesome Pictures!

Thinking about getting a guarder slide for the G18c. Now is installs the parts and fitting good, or do you need to do some work to fit the lower part of the pistol?

My G18c slide is made by Shooter Design not by Guarder, pretty much just a swap over. While my G17 is fitted with a Guarder slide, it need some minor work on the hammer and nozzle base for the slide to move smoothly. Once I also fitted a PGC metal slide for a friends G18c also easy to install. By the way, I don't know about guarder or SD but PGC slide will fit in a blackhawk! G17/18 serpa holster.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know where one of these might be available in the UK.

Just got my UKARA membership and this gun seems to have gone off the map. So far I've only spotted one on WolfArmouries, but I don't really like getting shafted with London prices, not to mention I don't trust their stock levels.

cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I just installed a PGC metal slide on my 18c after my original slide cracked. Was relatively simple and almost everything fit without modification.

IMG_20110822_163647.jpg

I say almost everything fit because the rear 5ku night sight I purchased as part of a set didn't fit, upon further inspection it appears that the rear 18c sights are much different than the 17 sights so if you are going to order new sights make sure you order dedicated TM 18c sights!

On a semi related note does anyone know where extra selectors are available for purchase?

Edited by NICHOLS
  • 1 month later...

My Glock 18c suddenly stopped locking its slide at the last round. It is still shooting strong and true and i inspected everything falling short of disassembling the entire gun. When i cock it with an empty mag it will lock back but if i release it and fire, it doesnt lock back.

Any info will be useful, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

My Glock 18c suddenly stopped locking its slide at the last round. It is still shooting strong and true and i inspected everything falling short of disassembling the entire gun. When i cock it with an empty mag it will lock back but if i release it and fire, it doesnt lock back.

Could be a number of things...

Too much lube, not enough lube. If you've left the mag fully loaded for a while then the spring may have lost tension and the bb follower may no longer be strong enough to affect the slidelock.

I had a bit of this with my G17 with PGC slide. Took the slide off, wiped of excess oil, cleaned out the runners on the frame and matching grooves in the slide, and it's back to functioning correctly. There must have been a build up of oil and dust in the runners/grooves.

It is VERY RELIABLE as long as you use Duster gas or 134a gas. Those with problems are usually attributed to green gas and the problems vary. I for example is using greengas and no problems so far after 2K rounds.

By the way i found out the problem with my slide. A small chip cracked at the point where the slide stop catches. So minor mod and it was fixed.