Tokyo Marui Glock 18C GBB

I received my TM G18C from Airsoft Global over the week end. Total after shipping was $193 (a tad more expensive than if you were to get one from eHobbyAsia or RedwolfAirsoft).

I got a chance to use it over the weekend (Saturday and Sunday). Redwolf claims that it is just a blast to shoot using green gas.

Being in Sacramento (California) where both game days reached temperatures past 100 degrees, I opted to use 152a/ 134a gas (aka PC duster). I did so because the gun had a plastic slide and using propane could push the gun way to hard. At 70 degrees F, pressure for propane is at 110 PSI. At 100 degrees F, the pressure rises up to 177.

The Marui GBB pistols were made to be used with 134a gas (or PC duster). At 70 degrees, the pressure of 134a gas is at 71 PSI. At 100 degrees F, the pressure rises to 124 PSI (a little bit more pressurized than propane/ green gas at 70 degrees).

Based on these values, it's safe to say that the gun handles green gas at 70 degrees. Do note that part of the instructions require for the magazine to be "warmed up" to about 25 degrees or 80 degrees Fahrenheit (where pressure of 134a is at 86.6 PSI).

Increased gas pressure mean that the hammer will need to strike the valve harder (else you get light striking where the slide does not blow back properly). Increased gas pressure will also mean increased stress on the internal parts. For durability/reliability's sake, stick with the lower pressure gas at higher temperatures.

Accuracy on semi-auto is excellent as with other TM GBB pistols that have the adjustable hop. Like the TM G17, the 18C also has an adjustable hop. On full auto, the gun has a pretty snappy kick-back/recoil to throw your aim off. Follow up shots will tend to "rise". Maximum range goes past 150 feet on both semi and full auto.

As I have not tested the gun with propane/green gas, I do not know how many shots the Tokyo Marui Glock 18C can put out at 100 degrees. I do know that I can empty between 85-100 rounds on one full charge of duster gas using full auto bursts and holding down on the trigger. The gun is one efficient piece! The down side with using duster gas/134a is decreased power compared to propane/green gas. At 100 degrees, duster gas, and Javelin .20g BBs...I am able to get 260+ FPS with .20g BBs. Range goes past 150 feet.

I will post up photos ASAP and possibly a more formal review of the gun. The entry above is simply an overview as to what to expect from the TM Glock 18C.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am using the standard 24/25rd magazine. From the past, the longer magazines just affected my maneuverability. Its much easier to point and shoot with shorter/lighter/less bulkier mags IMO.

Also, the hammer spring for it seems to hit harder than the stock TM G17. Its possible that they had it set up the way it is to ensure firing reliability (or to accommodate higher pressure build up from the longer magazines).

From what I have seen, the back hammer assembly, blowback chamber, nozzle, and slide are different. All other parts are the same as those from a TM G17.

It'd be interesting to see if KJW will end up copying the system.

Signs of wear on the slide from lack of a recoil buffer system

IMG_2234.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg

Where the metal reinforcement on the slide hits

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

Home made recoil buffer made from a KSC/KWA Glock recoil buffer. Dremeled to spec.

IMG_2226.jpg

*****The extra thickness of the rubber buffer hits the front part of the "railed internal frame" preventing or minimizing the shock from the metal-metal contact between the front part of the rail of the internal frame and the metal reinforcement on the front of the stock plastic slide*****

I am guessing those 2 are compatible. The mags are interchangable with G17, frame may be interchangeable(will find out soon when my guarder stuff gets here). Looking at the manual the springs seems to be the same(including the hammer spring). BUT any of the BBU and firing mechanism parts does not look compatible at all...

I believe the frames are interchangeable so the Guarder lower frames would fit.

The nozzles are different. The gas inlet port on the loading nozzle is smaller/shorter on the G18C than on the G17. Also, it seems like the flute valves are different between the two (with the 18C's sitting farther back for higher velocity/efficiency?).

For some reason, the hammer on the G18C feels stiffer than the G17. I'm not 100% sure on that, but I'm pretty darn sure it is...

Thank you for the help but a few last questions

Should i get this or the a g18c/17 that airsplat seems to have in stock(how the holy mouther of *fruitcage* did they get those blink.gif )

Does ANY company make a non fluted slide for it?if so is it slightly dangerous to have on the gun?(in fear it will overheat or "gas"pressure will build up)

was it easy to get in america?did you ask them to put tape on the trades?

Edited by SuperKingBigNuts

Thank you for the help but a few last questions

Should i get this or the a g18c/17 that airsplat seems to have in stock(how the holy mouther of *fruitcage* did they get those blink.gif )

Does ANY company make a non fluted slide for it?if so is it slightly dangerous to have on the gun?(in fear it will overheat or "gas"pressure will build up)

was it easy to get in america?did you ask them to put tape on the trades?

I don't know about over heating or anything....not in RS or airsoft...

The gun is new, no aftermarket slide has been made yet. I got mine puttied, it can probably be taped from different shop.

Mine came with "grip" tape on the trademarks. I simply peeled em off. It probably helped that the slide was plastic.

I had an MP5K shipped from HK without the trademarks being covered up last week. It simply had the front sight/muzzle painted orange (which was easily removable with a solvent). I had my other MP5K shipped from HK puttied. It was like super tough black hot glue that was a pain in the butt to take off. Flash hider was a plastic orange one. Stock flash hider was in the tracer adapter/muzzle removal tool zip baggie.

I'm getting at least 75 rounds out of a fully charged 25rd TM Glock magazine on 8-10 round bursts. Probably took 2 minutes to re-fill the mag with BBs before shooting 8-10 round bursts again. I'm not really curious as to how many shots one full charge of duster gas would last through the gun as I know it will be more than 75 shots (at temps over 98 degrees fahrenheit)

Thanks for the review.

I bought one yesterday with a guarder lower frame.

Thought I would show pictures...

Glock18.1.jpg

Glock18.2.jpg

I also bought a King Arms extended outer barrel with a CCW thread. I tried attaching my TM tracer unit, but it was too heavy and pulled the outer barrel down, putting upward pressure where the nozzle and barrel meet. The few rounds that I was able to fire were bliss, but it soon had trouble cycling. Unfortunately that seems to be the end of my Tracer Unit on a G18C dream. :)

"The gun is new, no aftermarket slide has been made yet. I got mine puttied, it can probably be taped from different shop."

I think it will take the G17 Guarder metal frame, as there was one on display in the cabinet at a local shop here in Japan.

Also, if anyone is interested, I was getting about 72-75 meters/second with HFC gas.

Edited by dstole

Mine came with "grip" tape on the trademarks. I simply peeled em off. It probably helped that the slide was plastic.

I had an MP5K shipped from HK without the trademarks being covered up last week. It simply had the front sight/muzzle painted orange (which was easily removable with a solvent). I had my other MP5K shipped from HK puttied. It was like super tough black hot glue that was a pain in the butt to take off. Flash hider was a plastic orange one. Stock flash hider was in the tracer adapter/muzzle removal tool zip baggie.

I'm getting at least 75 rounds out of a fully charged 25rd TM Glock magazine on 8-10 round bursts. Probably took 2 minutes to re-fill the mag with BBs before shooting 8-10 round bursts again. I'm not really curious as to how many shots one full charge of duster gas would last through the gun as I know it will be more than 75 shots (at temps over 98 degrees fahrenheit)

What retailer did you get your Glock? My trades were burnt off last time I ordered from HK.

What retailer did you get your Glock? My trades were burnt off last time I ordered from HK.

FYI, I got mine from Tiger111HK. They'll ship it any way you like, though I would make sure they fully understand exactly how you want it shipped. Also, I chose the standard airmail option for $18 (total: $170 shipped) and it took about the same time as SpeedPost.

I also did a transplant just now for mine with a Guarder frame:

original.jpg

So far I've got the compatibility of the this and their G17 down to the following:

Inner barrel + Hop up(installed PDI 6.01+9Ball Rubber)

Plastic frame(Guarder)

Recoil/Hammer spring(the latter looks the same, has not install it yet though)

Mag Catch(although the stock G18C magcatch has a metal reinforcement thats missing from the G17s, I swapped in the Guarder steel one for G26/G17/KJ Glock)

Magazine

Strangely I can't get the G17's TM night sight installed onto the G18C. going to try again when metal slide comes out.

When I did my frame transplant I noted that the front screw post in the frame had begun to crack. This is after about ~100-150 round on propane with the gun stock. I reinforced the Guarder frame with some JB Weld, who knows how that'll hold up...especially when metal slide comes out...

Another reason why I don't use propane/green gas on my 18c is the lower frame's front screw post cracking.

At about 85 degrees, my gun chronoed at 250 fps with .20g BBs using duster gas. I tried propane in it and it shot 284-295 in 5 shots.

Not worth it IMO....

250 FPS is enough for me. Enough people complain about my 260 FPS TM MP5K's that was running super high speed gears. In an open field with bunkers and stuff...I go and engage from 20 feet with akimbo mp5k's and 400rd drum mags...other times it'll be an mp5k on my right hand...an 18c on my left....

250 fps is definitely good enough for the dirty work :P

I have been using duster in my TM G17, Five Seven and Desert Warrior this summer. It's been very hot here and I've been getting 250-260 FPS as well. I'm also finding I get a very large number of shots from each duster gas fill. Just ordered a TM G18c and will do the same with that as well.

at least 75 rounds on semi/ full auto bursts at 90 degrees

i have managed to shoot 100 rounds off of one fill of duster gas through my tm 18c on several occasions...

range, accuracy, precision stays excellent...

due to the lower fps, I use Javelin .20g BBs. Those bbs normally chrono around 5 FPS slower than Toytec .20g BBs which leads me to believe that they are slightly heavier...

Have you had any problems with the magazine "cool down effect" with your G18c? I've only had a chance to use my G17 a few times as it is new and in semi-auto, it didnt seem to be much of a problem. I only had the problem a time or two with my Desert Warrior and not at all with the Five Seven.