Sniper loadouts

Whitehawk

Post your sniper loadouts! Tell me what you use and why, since a picture of a guy in a ghillie suit doesnt really cover everything.

Hydration, communication, sidearm, vest's, pouches etc. Pictures are more than welcome, but theres a picture thread also.

(Ill post my loadout as soon as I can get a camera.)

I'll say about mine. I'm a theme kind of guy, by that, I like revolve my guns around brand types and looks. My favorite brand guns are H&K type weaponry, so I naturally use the only true H&K sniper rifle in airsoft. A PSG-1 rifle, I love this gun not only for its looks but the performance I recieve out of this thing. I personally upgraded this gun like a racing enthuiast does for his car, so the best of the best in there and I'm confident to say it matches or outperforms most airsoft sniper rifles. The semi-auto capability is also a great plus, but I feel is best used as selective firing, not ways of "pumping down lead". As for size, I have a bigger is "better mentality" lol, so it doesn't bother me!

I carry two side arms, one being an SMG and the other a pistol. The SMG is there for assault or automatic firing needs, and what I chose for mine is the TM MP5K, again like my rifle I upgraded it heavily. It fires fast, accurate and is nice and short to carry around. I pull this out more often than my pistol because in most cases when my minimum engagment distance is too close for my rifle I have to be able to send automatic fire back. However, I am considering an MP7 for a replacment.

Lastly I carry a KSC MK23 for my pistol, I have the most fun shooting this out of my other weapons. I have all the nice accessories for it, along with a modified TM LAM unit to accomodate a working laser and usable flashlight. I like to pull this out for my tactful playing. Also for those situations where it is just enough for a pistol to do the job.

My gear, well I don't do the whole ghillie get-up. I find they work when you have the opportunity to make them work. I use more typical gear. I carry a standard tact vest with 6 mag pouches and 2 accessory pouches above them, a camelpak, the vest belt and with it, mag dump, grenade pouches (don't have the grenades yet) and a rear pouch to carry 2 of my ASC-7 claymores. Lastly I have 2 drop leg holsters. One is a Milspex MK23 holster that accomodates the LAM, 2 extra mags and a silencer, the other is an Eagle Industries MP5K leg holster. All together with this I carry 3 standard G3 70 round magazines and the PSG-1 short mag. 6 MP5 long mags and the short mag. 3 MK23 magazines.

My uniform is typical digital woodland, I wear a green beret along with it (not suppose to sybolize anything, I just wear one.) and some combat boots. I do want to get me some Hatch shin/knee guards and forearm/elbow guards. I do alot of crawling so the normal one just slide off. That's my loadout, my H&K one at least. I have 2 more planned.

That sounds awesome, Drake. Any chance you have pictures?

I use a G&P M14 DMR. I haven't upgraded it quite to what I want it to be, but I upgraded the hop-up bucking, put an SCS in, as well as an M160 motor. As far as gear goes, I have 3 Tactical Tailor M14 pouches mounted on a Tactical Tailor Mini-MAV. I have a dropleg Safariland 6004 for the TM MEU that I ordered, but it is still in the process of being shipped to me. I will have 3 magazines for the MEU, two of which will be in pouches on the Mini-MAV. In the future, I plan to buy a MOLLE belt with suspenders and put the M14 pouches on the belt, to facilitate my ability of going prone.

I can post up pictures of my loadout if anyone is interested, but it will take a little bit of time since I will have to grab my camera and head outside for the photoshoot.

However, I might be selling the M14 since I don't use it much.

I don't go in for all this carrying loads of gear business.....

I've got my VSR. I carry a couple of spare mags (3-4), and a small belt kit with a few pouches to carry ammo, speedloader, gas, some munchies and a few other random bits.

Mk23 SOCOM as my sidearm (same weight ammo as the VSR).

TTI Radio.

Scagged up Flectarn camo's.

Why.....

VSR, accurate, reliable.

SOCOM, Accurate, reliable

Ammo, speedloader, mags, gas.... well that speaks for itself. I don't need any more than 4 mags at any one time (something wrong if I do!). Ammo, enough so I don't run out. Speedloader, do get them back in the game faster. blah blah.

TTI Radio... superb. one of the best PMR's I've ever used.

Camo. It was cheap.

Rarely use a ghillie, if I do, it's a webtext concealment vest.

Travel light, move fast.

I'll see if I can get one going. My guns don't look spectacular as they don't have any accessories besides the normal ones, so generally what you see on the net is what they'll look like. I'm kind of an origonalist to an extent.

Great reply Drake, just the kind Im looking for. ;)

Heres one of my loadouts in text version, since it seems Im not getting a camera anytime soon.

Starting of from weaponry:

- Primary: Im using G&G ("gr25") sr25 that shoots around 460fps. Realy low changes on the fps makes this as accurate as any bolt action sniper. Also its quite silent, atleast on sniper ranges, what gives me the ability to get next shot out of the barrel before the enemy notices.

- Secondary: TM 1911 MEU, tuned up with some quality parts. I just cant stand NBB:s, so I decided to go with a reliable Marui GBB. Kicks like a horse and the sound makes little kids cry. Works for me.

Gear:

- SO tech hellcat MK2, fitted with utility pouch, M60 pouch and an admin pouch. I wanted a small rig that I can wear on my ghilie, and hellcat is just that. M60 pouch works as a mag pouch for sr25 mags, utility pouch works as a empty mag pouch. Admin pouch carries some small tools, flashlight and stuff. I keep this chestrig over my ghillie.

- Uncle mikes belt. This is under my ghillie jacket. On the belt I have double pistol mag pouch, and a safariland holster for my sidearm. The safariland platfrom also has two pistol mag pouches. When I use the mags that are with safariland, I transfer new mags to the pouches from under my jacket.

- Source Tactical 3L. What can I say? I like the source valve better than camelbak one. I keep this under my ghillie.

- The ghillie itself. Bushrag woodland jacket and pants. This bushrag kit offered a great platform for a ghillie. I just worked around the colors/tones to get a result I wanted.

I had a kenwood PMR with bowman for a while, but I sold it since noone else here used a radio..

Well theres my loadout. No realworld inspiration, tho some force recon thingy could be close (due the weaponry).

Hopefully I can put some pictures up soon, but here's my loadout in a text version:

JG Bar-10 G-SPEC - fully upgraded, shooting around 500 FPS, should be doing a good 300 feet but I haven't really had time to check. It's also dead silent past 50 feet because I use a number of dampening tools along with the stock spring (perfect compression really helps put my FPS up there)

TM USP AEP - silent, accurate, deadly. What more could you ask for?

Woodland BDU's - blend in well where I live and work all year round.

Plate carrier - I use various pouches and try to travel as light as possible

BlackHawk! CQC SERPA - for my USP, gives me a draw faster than lightning!

Hopefully I'll be adding a fully upgraded Maruzen L96 or two to the group, if only I could find one... Just gotta sell my G-SPEC first

I'll post my second weaponry set, just because I can. In place of my sniper rifle, SMG and pistol in my "Armalite" theme (At elast as best as it could be). I have a nice old G&P SR-25 that has been externally modified to look like the Match rifle. http://www.biggerhammer.net/stoner/variants/sr25lwmatch.jpg . Internally it shares 80% of the PSG-1 type upgrades, and it shoots just as deadly as mine.

My SMG, I have a KSC TP9 comming in soon, I intend to have a set of 6 mags + the short it comes with. Not much will or can be done to it for upgrades.

Lastly I'm using a TM FN 5-7 for my pistol, still needing a leg holster to hold it.

Somewhere, someday I want to have something revolve around an SVD. When money ever permits it. These guns are still eating me away for money.

Its been a while so my turn

Tanaka m24 fitted with paxkit and 6.05 inner pdi barrel , running of a palmers co2 rig 0-300 psi , fps can be changed from around 200 to (just for sh**s and giggles 1036 fps) BUT runs at 500 fps , the rifle is very very quiet with a fat can on the front end ,silent from 5 metres away ,and its nicer than any vsr (waits for the boo boys :) )

Side arm , uncompany sig 226 tm based running a 6.03 and hiflow valves fps is 350 on propane range is out to 50 metres with a .28

Webtex vest and warrier belt rig with verious pouches

ooh ooh, i'll play!

for my L96, padded molle belt, double plce ammo pouch - one with speedloader, binos, loose ammo (rattleproofed), lens cloth, some paracord, secateurs and loose scrim. the other pouch is used as a holster for my sig 226.

double 40mm grenade pouch used as L96 mag pouches

utility pouch with elastic bands, mini monocular/rangefinder, sometimes bombs, small tool kit

radio pouch

up to 4 pistol mag pouches (2 at the moment though, as a couple of mags have died!)

sometimes my periscope (painted and scrimmed-up), attached to the bolty.

for my M14, again a padded molle belt, with suspenders, with a double plce ammo pouch (each holds 2x M14 mags)

a double M4 mag pouch (holds 1 M14 mag each)

radio pouch

utility pouch, again for odds and ends, bombs, binos etc

fobus sig holster

pistol mag pouches

with both loadouts, i wear an armband thingy, with radio freqs, site map, rangecard etc (rarely used though), and in my combat jacket, i will put the ghillie in the bum pocket if im taking it. also wear a camelbak thermal under the jacket.

watch. more important than you think!

other pockets have gloves, scrim scarf, cam cream, more elastic bands, sweeties, beef jerky.

i sometimes swap the sig for an electro-glock, with 3 mags, depending on weather.

ghillie is webtex based, without hood. goes with a boonie hat and gaiters, along with gloves.

a leatherman lives in a pistol mag pouch too, and sometimes a small sheath knife (my site allows them to trusted players. its not for knife kills :P)

i may take a claymore with me too :)

although a lot is listed, i rarely take it all on a regular skirmish. the larger items are more for weekenders etc, when i will dig in for a while.

hope this helps :)

@gisburn20: What are those hoopey-rubbery things on your magazines?

Anyway, my own:

My Rifle:

TM VSR G-Spec; 4-9x40 NSC Scope, and going to have a KA Bi-Pod

What I wear:

- Ghillie Suit

- Viper Tactical Belt:

- Radio

- Spare Pistol Magazine

- Spare Sniper Magazine (This one carries .4, opposed to my .29 in the other magazine - I keep these for the ones that wont take their hits)

- TM Speed Loader

- A very old smoke grenade

Pistol:

- Holster

Spare Magazine

TM BlowBack M4

Then I just have a Camal-Back and Marpat Shirt and Trousers.

How do you guys wear all your gear along with a ghillie suit? I really want one, but I don't understand how I'll be able to wear my ghillie, and carry my pistol and extra mags and whatnot.

You can get different types of Ghillie.

Some are just trousers and 'hoodies' which look like Ghillie Suits - Although these are generally good, as they are a 'perfect' match to your size, along with them being just generally 'easy to use', you do have to sacrifice the ability to hide your belts/rigging/holster under it, and have to wear it, obviously, over the suit. However, this does mean you can get to your items quickly.

The other sort is what I have, and is what I've seen most snipers use. It's basically like a massive sheet...If that makes any sense!? So you put it over you, and it hangs down and it covers my whole body and most of my legs (kind of breeches my ankles). I use a belt and holster. So my belt is a bit of a a pain to reach, as it involved my lifting the ghillie up, which if it acts like a skirt, makes me a provocative prostitute. The holster on the other hand is very easy to access - I just move the bit of ghillie that is draped over it and pull out the pistol.

@gisburn20: What are those hoopey-rubbery things on your magazines?

I'm not gisburn, but I believe you're referring to the Magpuls on his M14 mags?

Can't believe you're into airsoft and haven't heard of them tbh, Magpul took the real-steel (and indeed airsoft) world by storm a few years ago with all their tactical accessories, starting with 'those hoopey-rubbery things'.

They're a 'tactical reloading aid', designed to help you grip your magazines so they can be removed from the gun and inserted/removed from pouches easily under pressure. Before they were invented, people used to just use para cord and duct tape.

Magpul

I use highly upgraded Well L96 (Maruzen clone) (3 mags) , stock TM Mp5K (2 long, 1 short mag)

My sniper loadout (still under construction) according to my guns

Condor Molle Battle Belt ;

Condor Molle Battle Belt Harness OD;

Pantac Gun Catch (I rest my MP5K on 1-point sling, the gun will be fixed into gun catch) OD;

Guarder Assault Back pack (water water water, extra BBs, food rations, misc stuff) Woodland;

Double M4 mag puch for two taped MP5 long mags and radio;

Single M4 mag pouch for two L96 mags;

Will buy:

*Double MP5 magazine pouch OD (will carry two long magazines in pouch and short mag in the gun)

*Pouch for L96 magazines (still looking around which pouch would be perfect)

*Radio pouch

*Wouxun radio (looking for dual watch function) + headset or throatmic

*Granade pouch for two granades.

As a base for my ghillie:

Webtex Concealment Vest

I'll be playing at my local woodland site in a few weeks, and I'm gonna try out the following:

Primary: CA M24 with generic 3-9x50, cammed up with bits of scrim, string and OD Krylon.

Secondary: TM Glock 17c (FG)

I tried the MP5K as a secondary in the past, and to be honest it didn't work out too well. I could never sling it properly and most of the time it simply got in the way. I find that a pistol is much quicker to draw. Automatic fire has it's advantage, but the pistol is easier to get a decent grip of.

Clothing consists of a set of US woodland BDU's with boonies or DPM S95's with scrimmed-up bush hat. I've never been much of a fan of ghillies. Gonna get a pair of either 5.11 gloves or Nomex flight gloves in OD soon as well.

On my body is going to be Guarder body armour (minus plates of course), to which I've attached my Thermobak 3L in woodland camo.

I've set up a duty belt with a Guarder duty holster on my left leg for the Glock and one spare mag. In the very near future I plan to replace this with a BHI Serpa leg rig, but for now it is more than adequate. Next along is a locking knife in its' pouch, followed by a WAS OD dump on my back, with an MP5 mag pouch on my right leg (even though I scrapped the K as my sidearm, I generally use an A5 as my main weapon, and it helps pull down the belt round my waist). On my right front side are two pistol mag pouches, in which I keep a speedloader and a spare mag.

I tried the MP5K as a secondary in the past, and to be honest it didn't work out too well. I could never sling it properly and most of the time it simply got in the way. I find that a pistol is much quicker to draw. Automatic fire has it's advantage, but the pistol is easier to get a decent grip of.

See, that problem you have with the MP5K was exactly the reason why I banded together an order to get leg holsters for it. It makes such a difference. I would love to organize it again for all those who missed it, but I think I got real lucky that this whole thing even went through. Those shoulder slings for SMGs suck, because it dangles everywhere. Leaving you with no comfortable way to carry your SMG. Eagle Industries wouldn't mind making another set of MP5K leg holsters but, there is a 25 order minimum for that to happen.

Yeah, I think the shoulder holsters are really meant for concealed carry. Slow walking, so they're easy to hide. Otherwise they just bang about your torso, and when you've got your main weapon and your chest rig/webbing to worry about, it just adds to the problems.

I ended up selling the K because of the sling problems. Don't get me wrong, it was a great little shooter and as a close to medium-range backup there's little that will better it, but it was pointless if I couldn't get to it with ease. By the time I'd have finished flapping about trying to bring it to bear, it could be raining plastic death.

I think if I still had it, and there were enough people who would benefit from a dedicated MP5K leg holster (not the *suitcasey* ones that hold all manner of SMG's, gah), I'd definitely try your suggestion.

Such is life!

For someone who's going to GZ and gone as far as having a ghillie, I probably wouldn't be tbh.... ;)

My loadout to follow when I've moved a rabbit hutch, done the washing up, and taken a picture of it before I actually put it all away from yesterdays game...

• 2 weeks later...

Well....lets see who can guess where did my loadout come from =p:

-TM M14(RAS,M3 Scope,Harris bipod)

-ALICE LCII pistol belt

-Y suspenders

-OD BDU with Ghillie sewn to the back

-Altama boots

-M3 KA-BAR

-3-Day OD butt pack

My motto:Oi Suzy!

XD

I do indeed have this loadout but I have found it quite difficult to use....The really effective loadoute is:

-TM M14 or VSR

-TM MEU

-LC-II pistol belt

-Safariland

-DELTA Camelback vesT (FG)

-3L Camelback

-Various pouches (Mostly Alice)

-Multicam BDU

This is my baby, I've done lots of work on her, just resprayed the receiver as the original finish was flaking a bit.

post-48289-12822326372957_thumb.jpg

At the moment, my loadout consists of:

Claw Gear OD Stalker trousers,

CADPAT field shirt,

OD cap,

LC2 belt with custom made Mk23 Holster (shown below) and various pouches.

And these little beauties, are my "get out of trouble" kit closer view. ;)

post-48289-12822326544883_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've just finished preparing for a sniping roll. Got the guns but haven't used them other than testing in my back garden.

I have:

Primary

TM VSR-10 G-Spec fully upgraded to 500fps with a King Arms 335mm Silencer as I seem to have lost the G-Spec Silencer.

I have also put in piston dampeners and have filled the stock with expanding foam which makes the gun exceptionally quiet.

4 TM mags. 3 with .36g 1 with .2g just incase I need that extra range (even if its less accurate I'm gonna give it a go as mathematically they will travel an extra 20m or so).

Secondary

TM Mk24 SOCOM Fixed Slide with 4 mags .2g though I'm gonna test some .36g too.

Other gear includes radio with throat mic and a hand made ghuille poncho.

Not sure how I'm going to like the poncho as although its not that heavy, I fear it getting caught in bushes as I move about in a woodland environment (not that I should be moving that much mind you).

I don't really care too much about style, I'm just going for a weapon loadout that is as quiet as possible and these seem to be excellent for that.

Archived