That's why we have a report button, just click it and a mod or admin can check the post and fix things for you. We don't allow people to delete their own posts because it can lead to a tendency for some users to be somewhat er.. "naughty" in their posting behaviour. ;)

Would it be possible to wright an extra few lines of code so that if there are two posts by the same user one after the other, that the user could delete the second one, or merge the two posts so that you can't remove proof of offencive posting?

This could reduce the workload for the lovley mods.

Just an offhand sujestion, I know nothing of coding so I dont know if thats just making more work for different people :D.

In theory it's dead easy to code this sort of feature up but.. I don't alter the code base for Invision any more. This is because as as soon as we get an update to the forum code I have to overwrite everything and I loose the changes.

There is potential for us to allow users to remove their own posts for a small period of say a minute but there still remains the problem that the feature would be abused.