Teesar/Mil-Tec/Sturm Italian Vegetato Desert ACU Uniform

I was in Germany recently and bought a set of Vegetato Desert ACU jacket and pants. This is the Italian "EI" version which is a replica of the uniform issued to regular troops (there is a different color issued to special forces.)

Uniform

The uniform material itself is surprisingly good. The fabric is 100% cotton ripstop material. It is dyed in the Vegetato 4-color desert pattern. The fabric is a summer weight, and it is very similar in feel to Rothco and Propper ACU fabrics. It is slightly heavier in weight than the TRU Spec TRU (ACU) uniform.

Being an ACU cut, it has the US Army style velcro, pockets, and zippers. If you took a UCP ACU uniform and change the color, this is what you would get.

bcs_uniforms_04.jpgbcs_uniforms_08.jpg

Washing

As with most uniforms, this one was a bit stiff when I first purchased it, but with two careful washings (according to the label) it is much better now. I have not had a chance to field this yet nor give it multiple washings, so I do not know how colorfast the dyes are.

Sizing

I did not have a chance to try this on when I purchased it, but I did try it on before I washed it. And unfortunately, the sizing seems to be "Asian" uniform sizing. This set is labeled for US Large Regular, but it is actually comparable to a US Medium Regular, both jacket and pants. I fit right in to a Propper and Tru Spec US Large Regular with room to spare, and with this uniform, it is binding in the shoulders and under the arms/shoulder area. I will have to purchase a US Extra Large Regular set to actually field them.

Manufacturer

The Manufacturer's label says "Teesar, Cartersville, GA." Teesar is a division of Sturm Mil-Tec (http://sturm-miltec.com/). These uniforms are made under their contract in Poland. Nowhere on the labels does it actually say "made in...", however you can call them here in the US and get that information (as I did.) By the way, it says that you are supposed to wear this on the outside of "strouser."

mfr%20label.jpgsize%20label.jpg

Overall

Overall this is a nice set of Italian Desert for the money (just under 50 EUR for the set.) I was a bit surprised at the quality of the fabric and stitching, but disappointed about the sizing. This uniform would be a nice addition to anyone with an Italian load out, or someone looking for an alternative to US MARPAT Desert.

Edited by BaltimoreCS