Clipping the obnoxious bits in the mech.

tr1gg3r_h4ppy

Hey all,

I'm rather new to tech work and have pried open a few mechboxes in my day. Last night I spent 3 or so hours trying to reassemble my mech (just to replace a busted cylinder head and check for wiring consistency). Needless to say, I still can't get electricity flowing after rewiring to deans. (my electric meter is saying that the battery and charger have power and good connections but the gun itself acts like there is no power flowing and the fuse is intact.) But I digress...

After several hours of very bitter googling and searching on the forums, I have been unable to find a way to replace the ARL without risking damage. I like efficiency and I refuse to believe that little latch is absolutely the pinnacle of anti-reversal technology. Would installing an AB mosfet negate the need for the ARL? Also are there anyways to upgrade the trigger spring so there is less chance of flying triggers?

Thanks,

Trigger.

I don't think a simple mosfet alone will allow you to bin the latch, maybe with one of those active braking units. If you can't install the ARL with sheer finesse, try using a strong magnet to keep it in place. I haven't tried it myself (never needed to) but those who have swear by it.

I swear...if you find the answer the Arnies community will send you chocolates.

The ones with the teeth marks will be the hard centres.......

I use a magnetic parts tray from a motor parts factor, invert it so the magnets are on top and use them to hold the ARL and gears in place.

Useful for those gearboxes that just don't want to play nice.

active breaking isnt enough, got to go full computerized. with computerized mosfets the ARL becomes unneeded as the gears will always be stopped in the same place at the end of the current gear cycle, like a systema PTW.

with a normal active breaking mosfet, the gears will be stopped as soon as the let off the trigger. so it could stop mid cycle. the breaking effect only lasts long enough to stop the motor after the trigger is let off. meaning that the motor is free to spin again after it is stopped, making the need for an ARL still there unless you want your gun to exhale whenever you stop mid cycle.

I'll have a little pick ready in case I need to nudge something.

You can also practice with just the trigger etc. on it's own to isolate what is causing it to pop at the wrong time so you aren't also juggling the main spring and the rest of the works. When I work like that I can see why a spring is miss-behaving and adjust my closing up the shell technique.

I have an ICS M4 so I don't have to worry about it :P

But anyways, when I was working on my friend's jg m4 I had the same problem as you. The darned thing just wouldn't close up correctly and either the ARL, random gear, spring, or trigger would fall out. I managed to keep the ARL in place by using the JG motor and placing it directly underneath the ARL. This is only if you don't have any lower profiled neo magnets because trying to hold the gearbox level with a big motor at the bottom was a nuisance.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with that gun ever again.

If i've ever had a problem with an ARL, i just carefully tap the shaft out of the latch part, glue the shaft (Or cut a new shaft if the original is knurled) and bore the hole out a little bigger (3.1mm,or 1/8") so it swivels smoothly on the shaft

Still functions exactly the same but the shaft doesent fly out and neither does the ARL

It's not so much the hassle of getting the AR latch back in the gearbox that's the problem, it's all the little foibles like lockups on Semi that annoy me.

I've got a couple of Infected's AB Mosfets on order, so I'll do some experiments and get back to you. But, from the looks of it, to do the job, we'll need a sensor on the sector gear, and a computerised Mosfet like with the Systema PTW and Revolution Gearboxes.

It's not so much the hassle of getting the AR latch back in the gearbox that's the problem, it's all the little foibles like lockups on Semi that annoy me.

I've got a couple of Infected's AB Mosfets on order, so I'll do some experiments and get back to you. But, from the looks of it, to do the job, we'll need a sensor on the sector gear, and a computerised Mosfet like with the Systema PTW and Revolution Gearboxes.

How about and electric forward assist? http://unconventional-airsoft.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=210

Yeh, looked at that, and tempted, however, it's still a work around to the problem rather then solving the problem in the first place. Ideally, the gears should complete a full cycle when you pull the trigger. I mean, a real gun, once the action's been engaged, won't stop halfway through it's cycle, just because you've taken your finger off the trigger! Which is what the Airsoft gearbox does.

I guess what I'm looking for, is someone to release a kit that includes a sensor equipped gear I think I'd trust one that's got the sensor already fitted, then have to glue the sensor on myself), and a computerised Mosfet that doesnt need to have all the other funky modes. Sure, three shot burst, etc etc is all good and funky, but really, all I want is the gearbox to stopp in the right place by itself!

active breaking isnt enough, got to go full computerized. with computerized mosfets the ARL becomes unneeded as the gears will always be stopped in the same place at the end of the current gear cycle, like a systema PTW.

with a normal active breaking mosfet, the gears will be stopped as soon as the let off the trigger. so it could stop mid cycle. the breaking effect only lasts long enough to stop the motor after the trigger is let off. meaning that the motor is free to spin again after it is stopped, making the need for an ARL still there unless you want your gun to exhale whenever you stop mid cycle.

Not stricktly true.

All of my DMR AEGs are fitted with dumb AB MOSFETs that I make myself, and none of them run with an ARL.

They all work perfectly fine, no sign of half rotation or half cocking anywhere, but it can only be achieved if the gun is locked to semi auto.

If you are a faggot boy full auto queen, then you are stuck with an ARL or computerisation tongue.gif

Well I guess it's a Systema Revolution for you then. No ARL out of the box.

Well, if they would make the Revolution in anything other then V2, I'd be sorely tempted!

http://www.awsairsoft.com/pulse if they come back in stock. I know you said you don't want to install a sensor yourself, but c'mon it'll be easy :)

I just have may doubts as to that sensor staying stuck on *laughs* I've read reports about the sector gear sensor being a bugger, but it's something I've got my eye on...

it all depends on the quality of installation. ill be installing one of the scorpion mosfets into a KWA in a month or 2. im very confident in my ability to install it, so ill let you know how well it goes.

they told me a few days ago that they just got a new shipment of boards in and are doing tests. they should be in stock soon. if the boards are ok that is.

Archived