Flecktarn Pictures

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I suppose these count - taken WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in MA:6.

Oddly enough Flecktarn was the standard hire camo in HK when I started playing 11 years ago, but I never really wore it again until MA6, when I bought a set which turned out to be a little too short for me. I soon sold it and then bought myself some Helikon, and I love the stuff now!

operatordark.jpg

4919758543_14d11ebd02_o.jpg

4919750577_d90b6c9fe8_o.jpg

4919750727_d40fd7a43c_o.jpg

4919766043_0d92b3996d_o.jpg

4919768877_8f151abf89_o.jpg

Tacticallean.png

buttsex.png

notrust.png

OPERATOR.png

Like the more recent gear, that a Blackhawk PC? Looks a lot like my trusty old one. That GoPro mount seems like it'd pretty decent for use without having to wear a helmet all the time as well, do you have a channel with the footage uploaded? I'm on a bit of a mission to decide on which action cam I want to go with at the moment.

It's actually an old Warrior Centurion in OD, though the stuff with the AKSU is my old OD MLE rig from Flecktarn.co.uk

The GoProHD footage is great - but the problem is that it's a wide-angle lens, so you can see what you're doing, and about 10-15m away quite well, but then you can't see much past that. So a lot of my footage is me running, jumping or climbing, and then my gun comes up, you hear the pew pew pew and you see a few pixels move in the center of my screen as someone far away shouts "HIT". Ideally, you'd be able to zoom in to see what I'm shooting at.

Unfortunately, running a zoomed in camera will make you motion sick when you try and watch it. I'm fiddling with making a small camera with a 4x optical zoom in a RIS-mountable housing, so I can cut between the wide angle stuff and the shooty-shooty-bang-bang zoomed in stuff.

Nice setup DarkLite, really digging it.

CKinnerly, may I suggest the ContourRoam? I was having a hard time deciding between that and the GoPro, but ended up getting the Contour because it was on sale. ($80!!!!) My teammate has a GoPro and he says it's a lot harder to use. Sometimes the settings get all screwy, and the recent footage he gave me was in 4:3 aspect ratio for some reason. With the Contour, you program it all from you computer, and there is one switch for on and off. The Contour is also easily mountable, it comes with a sticky mount that goes perfectly on a helmet, or you can see the different mounts I've tried below. (Did I mention the Contour has a rotatable lense, so you can mount it in any orientation?) If you're going for a guncam, the Contour is also the way to go in my opinion.

By the way, the Contour runs at 1080p and the footage between the two cameras is nearly identical. Anyway, just my .02. Look at my pictures below to see what I mean about mounting:

IMGP0631.jpg

turnaround.gif

(You can see the black plastic Contour mount hiding under the 'Merican flag on the right side of my helmet.)

• 3 weeks later...

*advice*

That's very useful, cheers. I've just got so much stuff coming up where I'm thinking "this really need to go on youtube" but I'm a bit uncertain on the best mounting solution for an Airframe at the moment, in terms of lid stability and viewing angle that is. I'll leave that for another thread though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...