South West Airsoft Trading review

Well this store just opened recently so i thought i would write a review for it.

South West Airsoft Trading

www.airsoft-trading.co.uk

South West Airsoft trading opened on Quedgley near Gloucester in April 2005. Based in the old RAF Quedgely site it is the first stockist in the Gloucestershire area, with the previous closest being airsoft armouries in Cannock, so this was a very welcome development to all us airsofters in the Gloucester area.

Stock

SWAT is a stockist of rifles, pistols, tactical gear and your usual consumables. Their AEG range consists only of Classic Army AEG’s, which in my eyes isn’t a bad thing due to the quality and reliability of the new Classic Army range. The range of AEG’s is good with a wide range of the ever popular Armalites along with MP5’s and the less common CA33e and soon to be stocked CA36, I was also told other AEG’s such as the CA249 won’t be available to buy but can be ordered especially and will be there within a couple of weeks.

The prices of the AEG’s at the time of print (May 2005) are pretty competitive with a standard price of £225 for an Armalite AEG. This is a little bit higher than places such as Airsoft Armouries but to be honest I don’t mind paying an extra 5 pounds to get it locally and pick it up on the spot.

There is also a small range off gas pistols, all the popular pistols are stocked with the KJW M9, KWA USPc, G17, Mac11 and G18 along with the Maruzen P99 tactical. All are reasonably priced with the M9 at £87 the USPc at £85 and the Mac11 at £97.50

Their range of tactical gear is very good with a good range of Viper and Webtex gear at competitively prices especially on the smaller items such as canteens and holsters. They also have excellent items such as helmets, camping gear and glasses, which are all excellent quality and price. (At this time not all equipment is displayed on the website but a large amount of it is)

The range of consumables is also as you would expect with the usual gas, lube and bb’s at good prices, included in this is a nice deal for a US canteen full of 6200 0.g excel bb’s for £12. Also there is a good range of accessories such as scopes and magazines at very reasonable prices. One thing that stands out among these accessories is the price of their batteries, with a large battery for just £18.99

Website

The newly made website made is one of the selling features of the store. It is a very well laid out website which is very easy to use and navigate with a clear menu bar and good instructions about how to get to the site. There is also a gallery showing some of the products sold and a general explanation about airsoft.

Store

This in my opinion is the best thing about this store. At the moment it is a small building with a main show room and a target range for trying out the rifles and pistols before you buy. The owner (Eliot) is a great guy. Very friendly and helpful, he knows what his products can do and has a good knowledge of airsoft in general. He is more than happy to let you try out the AEG in his indoor range. The store itself although small is well laid out with everything easy to see and on display.

Conclusion

It is a fantastic thing to have an airsoft site in this area and this is a great start. The website is very clear and professional, the owner is very helpful and the store well laid out and with an indoor range. The prices are good and the range of tactical gear and consumables very good. Also although the only AEG manufacturer is Classic army the range is still good and I am sure it will expand over the coming year.

Website 8/10 very professional and clear even if there are no online sales at the moment.

Service 10/10 fantastic by far the best I have seen

Stock 7/10 good considering it has just opened but could be expanded

Overall 8/10 A great start and I am sure it will only improve with time