• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Yeah, I wanted to grab some of those, since they seem hard to find in this country – unfortunately ehobby's security cert is still down AND it's about the be Chinese New Year, so I'm not planning on ordering from them anytime soon.

If anyone knows where to get some more relatively quickly, let me know! I think I got the very last one from ASGI, and I'd like a couple more.

Cheers. Think you can get Co2 12g for about £0.60 (just under a dollar) if you buy enough of them in one go. Much cheaper than Mk5's. Only problem is some indoor places don't let you use something so loud.

Have either of you guys heard about rechargeable 12g? Are they any good for this product?

Never heard of rechargeable 12gr caplets. The way this Thunder B is designed, when the caplet is placed in the cylinder, and the cylinder is screwed shut at the base, the base pushes the caplet against a valve that pierces the caplet releasing the CO2. I'm not sure how you'd recharge caplets unless the top of the caplet was replaceable.

Sigma, Spartan Imports should be getting a lot more in soon. They just had a sizable shipment in, and one of my teammates bought a couple dozen for our team from AEX. More are on the way.

Regarding the new shell design ... I like it. Though, I wonder if you'll end up loosing a lot of those base caps once the thunder B detonates and the shell distorts. :mellow:

the shells dont shatter into pieces, just split open. the plastic isnt brittle. so, the caps stay more or less attached or stay next to the grenade after detonation.

im going to see if my boss can get more of these things. i still have a shell pack, but im out of the cores.

i built a refillable CO2 caplet by drilling a hole in the side of a used one and epoxying a pistol mag fill valve into it. worked well, but the whole thing sticks out the side of the caplet a bit and wouldn't fit into the core unless you cut space out. but filling it with green gas probably wont even set the grenade off and the fill valve most likely wont handle being filled with CO2 let alone the epoxy handling it.

but it works as a refillable option for WG revolvers!

0710000002.jpg

0709002126.jpg

i built a refillable CO2 caplet by drilling a hole in the side of a used one and epoxying a pistol mag fill valve into it. worked well, but the whole thing sticks out the side of the caplet a bit and wouldn't fit into the core unless you cut space out. but filling it with green gas probably wont even set the grenade off and the fill valve most likely wont handle being filled with CO2 let alone the epoxy handling it.

Wait, what about the other end?? Don't the grenades work by firing when the top is pierced? So if the top is already pierced, wouldn't all the gas you put into the fill mag just come out the top? :unsure:

• 1 month later...

I'm having some problems with my Thunder Bs... seems like actually the opposite problem that other people are having: my CO2 cartridges are regularly getting punctured while I'm screwing them in! 7 out of 8 attempts I've made so far, the cartridge started leaking as I was screwing in the cannister.

I had some teammates look at it and they couldn't quite figure it out. The only theory so far is that since these are brand new grenades, maybe Hakkatsu has tried to address the problems with cartridges NOT puncturing and gone too far the other way? One other possibility is that the CO2 cartridges I had are ######, but I've checked them visually and the dimensions are all perfectly standard.

I owned one off these a while back when they first came out.

They are great, and really loud(At least for airsoft).

Unfortunately, the top piece(Not replaceable without buying a new grenade) is fairly fragile. Cold weather seems to expedite the fragility(Duh?)

However, as cheap as these are and the lifetime, definitely worth it. However, I wish the lifetime were a little longer.

• 3 months later...

Dimensionally the new shells are not different than the old ones in size and overall shape. They just look a bit different. They also seem to be louder. They'll fit in flashbang pouches, smoke pouches, double M4 pouches, and many GP pouches.

• 2 weeks later...

...Regarding the new shell design ... I like it. Though, I wonder if you'll end up loosing a lot of those base caps once the thunder B detonates and the shell distorts. :mellow:

I've used the new shells five or six times, and the last one I tossed the bottom cap popped off and was found in the weeds about twenty feet from the grenade. Luckily it was one of the orange ones.

I like to use a grey cap on top and and an orange one on the bottom, so they are stealthy in the pouch but can still be found easily.